JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, it's pretty crappy. But like I said, not going to pay the inflated prices and support these people. I think a lot more ammo is coming in than we see. I was at Fisherman's Tigard and the clerks said they got a lot in but the people are there waiting like starving wild dogs and buy everything almost instantly. Dies, powder, percussion caps, just everything.

Though I was told that they were keeping .22LR behind the counter and when I went and asked about it I was looked at like I was nuts and told they put everything out.

Way too much dishonesty going on.

I like the guys at Dick's. Supposedly, the employees get the first dibs on ammo.

Ok, if I worked there part time makeing $9 or $10 an hour and had an opportunity to make an extra $100 week buying and selling ammo I would probably do it. I have heard folks complaining about this, but if I could only get a part time, no benefits job at a big box, I would take advantage of every opportunity to make a little extra.

And that is why I will not even look at Dick's parking lot. Bad business. Screw those guys, they're making it worse,

Hey can I admit something to you guys? When I was in college I worked part time bartending to meet the ladies. I know shameless, but one of the perks of the job. :)

Lets, give these folks a break. Be it the guy making $10 bucks an hour working at the big box, the retiree trying to supliment their social security or the small shop owner just trying to get buy, it is really a fairly harmless activity and helps them out. They are willing to work a little harder to make a little bit of money. Isn't that the American way? I'm sure they would rather be doing something else other than getting up at 7 in the morning to go stand in line at Walmart, but at three boxes a trip, they ain't making that much money.

And that is why I will not even look at Dick's parking lot. Bad business. Screw those guys, they're making it worse,

Things posted anonymously on the internet that say they heard it from a "reliable source" without giving that source's name, and then in reading, you find out that the information came through his son, who works at the place where his boss is the guy who...

...are almost always complete B.S.

I've heard some of the most completely wrong things in the world said by very reliable people who just believed it when someone else said it and are repeating it. Give me researchable, verifiable facts; hearsay is always unreliable.

Hey can I admit something to you guys? When I was in college I worked part time bartending to meet the ladies. I know shameless, but one of the perks of the job. :)

Lets, give these folks a break. Be it the guy making $10 bucks an hour working at the big box, the retiree trying to supliment their social security or the small shop owner just trying to get buy, it is really a fairly harmless activity and helps them out. They are willing to work a little harder to make a little bit of money. Isn't that the American way? I'm sure they would rather be doing something else other than getting up at 7 in the morning to go stand in line at Walmart, but at three boxes a trip, they ain't making that much money.

So a $20 box of .22 shells flipped and sold for$50-$80 is not that much money?

Look, it is the American way, but at this time in history, it has never been so important that we as gun owners and Second Amendment supporters need to present a united front. We need to welcome new people into our ranks and show them that we really are the good guys. What these people are doing is, building a wall. I wonder how many folks have been pushed off of purchasing their first firearm because they cant get ammunition for it. Or people who have bought that handgun for CHL, and only enough rounds to load the magazine, yet they have never shot that gun or any gun for that matter because they are new to this world. Dangerous stuff.

The people who are doing these things are giving everyone a bad name. Gun people are greedy money grubbing people. I know most of us are not, but, one bad apple and all.

The stores try to prevent it, and make sure everyone can at least get a little, but turds have found workarounds, or are just flat dishonest employees. I'm retired, and don't make a lot of money, and I still have a wife and small children at home, but I would never do anything like this in order to supplement my income off the backs of good people.

I'm not giving anyone a break. And eventually they will have to drop their prices and sell at a normal price, and just that knowledge makes me a happy camper.

TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF THIS THREAD: SIR, I HOPE YOU REALIZE YOU JUST PUT YOUR REPUTATION ON THE LINE, IN REGARDS TO THIS SITE. I PRAY YOU ARE WRONG, WITH NO ILL INTENTIONS MEANT TO YOU, FOR YOUR STATEMENT. "THANKS, FOR THE HEADS UP"

Yeah... I could easily triple the money I have invested in my cache, that is if I was interested in selling it. I played "catch up" after the '08 elections. I swore to myself, "never again"... so over the course of the following 4-years I bought ammo (and firearms, and bigger gun safes) every chance I got (even when it hurt the pocketbook) that slowly grew into a respectable cache at respectable prices.

I look at the amounts I spent as an investment in my liberty and responsibility as a citizen.

EVERYONE should have seen this coming... everyone.

Yeah... I could easily triple the money I have invested in my cache, that is if I was interested in selling it. I played "catch up" after the '08 elections. I swore to myself, "never again"... so over the course of the following 4-years I bought ammo (and firearms, and bigger gun safes) every chance I got (even when it hurt the pocketbook) that slowly grew into a respectable cache at respectable prices.

I look at the amounts I spent as an investment in my liberty and responsibility as a citizen.

EVERYONE should have seen this coming... everyone.

For the first time in my life I made some real money during the three years I spent in AFG. Even though I was 8,500 miles away I saw this coming and did the same thing. I used my precious internet time buying, buying and buying. My very supportive wife got on a first name basis with our FFL.

Bimart in Roseburg, has been letting family in 5 minutes before opening so they are at the gun counter first and get what was just put out.
Corporate offices could careless. I have heard this happening at the other local ones as well.
Shameless if you ask me. As people with keys (managers ) unlock those doors and know what they are doing. Same managers that would not bat an eye
to call the cops if you lifted a hershey bar.

They do not see it as wrong " just do cause they can " !
Maybe they are democrats LOLOLOL:s0112:

Sounds like we live in the same neck of the woods. I stop by the Roseburg BiMart frequently just to check. It's been a dry hole for powder, primers, and ammo for quite awhile now. Not saying you're wrong about your assertion on the Bimart managers/family thing but is this second hand knowledge or do you know this as fact? When I've talked with gun counter folks they all say the same thing "we haven't seen any product in awhile and we don't know when we will again."

So a $20 box of .22 shells flipped and sold for$50-$80 is not that much money?

Look, it is the American way, but at this time in history, it has never been so important that we as gun owners and Second Amendment supporters need to present a united front. We need to welcome new people into our ranks and show them that we really are the good guys. What these people are doing is, building a wall. I wonder how many folks have been pushed off of purchasing their first firearm because they cant get ammunition for it. Or people who have bought that handgun for CHL, and only enough rounds to load the magazine, yet they have never shot that gun or any gun for that matter because they are new to this world. Dangerous stuff.

The people who are doing these things are giving everyone a bad name. Gun people are greedy money grubbing people. I know most of us are not, but, one bad apple and all.

The stores try to prevent it, and make sure everyone can at least get a little, but turds have found workarounds, or are just flat dishonest employees. I'm retired, and don't make a lot of money, and I still have a wife and small children at home, but I would never do anything like this in order to supplement my income off the backs of good people.

I'm not giving anyone a break. And eventually they will have to drop their prices and sell at a normal price, and just that knowledge makes me a happy camper.

its amazing that you can't extrapolate that out to its logical conclusion for larger issues

All I know is that 22lr CCI Mini Mags are going for .20cent per round and it sucks. Who would have thought that .22lr would be selling for the cost of 9mm a year ago, looking forward.

The DHS goobling up other calibers has SOMETHING to do with all this, just not all.

its amazing that you can't extrapolate that out to its logical conclusion for larger issues

And it's amazing that all you do is come on this site and insult people.

Yes, the trouble with our entire government, and society in general is greed, but that's not what this thread was about.

Bimart in Roseburg, has been letting family in 5 minutes before opening so they are at the gun counter first and get what was just put out...
Do you know that first hand, or thru the rumor mill?

I have always had a very positive relationship with the BiMart gun counter folks. I'm working in Prineville and stopped by the local BiMart to see what's up and the guy told me gougers come in, buy whatever they can and then take it over to the feed store or other gun shops and sell it for double. It is not the BiMart employees, it is the douchebag gougers (income supplementors, whatever) that are causing the problem.

So, unless we have the privilege of "thread crapping" on this forum where we can tell the guy selling his rare brick of 500 for $50 to shove it up his gerbil holster with a bit of sand for lubricant, well, it will just keep on going. These guys come here and do this because they know the can cry like little bubblegumes when someone calls them on their bubblegum. My $0.02

PS...thanks net nanny for fixing my insensitive bublegum words...lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads