JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good points. I hadn't heard about the black market. How extensive is it I wonder
You're kidding yourself if you doubt that there indeed is an underground/black market in the United States (especially along the Southern border... :rolleyes:) for illegal(without paying NFA stamps and permits that is) firearms such as SBRs/SBS, certain submachine guns, and other arms courtesy of the Cartels and gangs. Maybe smaller than that of Australia and Brazil, but really, since Australia outlawed/banned semiautomatic rifles.. the black market now includes those and is why it seems to be larger there :rolleyes:

If we are going to start citing Sustralia stats then they need to be reliable. Firearms-Control Legislation and Policy: Australia . This website provides a comprehensive presentation of stats from many sources. Both private and governmental. Take a look at these details. They don't suggest that gun control in Australia is failing. On the contrary, it hasn't failed. It isn't perfect either but then nothing can ever be perfect. Taken in its totality, what does the Australia situation suggest?

The level of criminality along the US southern border is astonishing. I'd like to see special forces used to exterminate drug gangs. Sadly, not likely.

Taken in its totality, what does the Australia situation suggest?
That maybe its a good idea to ban semiautos? :rolleyes:
The level of criminality along the US southern border is astonishing. I'd like to see special forces used to exterminate drug gangs. Sadly, not likely.
Um. Didnt... wait... did we not try this very same tactic back in the 80s....o_O and now we have the DEA teams in Colombia working w the Colombian military... among others....

why the presumption that gun owners personal interests somehow conflicts with "social good"?
@RogerHWerner ; noticed you have yet to answer this good question.

Here again, personal opinion. I have the natural right to safeguard mine and my family's own safety . The best way is to be armed, because of course there are those who would do harm to me and my family . Is it not socially good for people to be able to protect themselves without the aid of the police or state ?

...Gun control policy however should be a universal social issue, and Americans could learn much from Australia if we bothered to look....
Ah, yes, we could be more like Australia. I like Aussies. I have a sales rep in Australia. A lovely lady and we talk frequently about all manner of things. Still, a bit of a different country. But I'll play. If we want Aussie style gun control to produce similar results in America, I think there are some other things we'll have to change as well.

Lets see, AU has very roughly a similar land mass to the continental US. Probably close enough for this game. However, their population is less than 10% of ours if I did my arithmetic right. So, we need to get rid of a bunch of people. Since roughly half the population already thinks America sucks and continually tells us how much better things are elsewhere, it shouldn't be too tough to get rid of that percentage. I suggest sending them to France. Then there's a bunch of people who seem to think Africa is the place. Liberia? Zimbabwe? Take your pick. Deporting people like that would be very un-American, just like gun-control so no worries. That still leaves us with a lot of excess population. Since most of Australia sort of speaks English..sorta... we could further emulate them by sending away a bunch of Spanish speakers. We'd be doing them a favor since America is such a racist nation anyway. I'd give the native Americans a pass, They can fill the roll of the Abo's. That still leaves a significant population disparity but maybe we could make do.

Then there's the problem of bordering countries. An awful lot of crime and drugs pass through the southern border in a way Australia does not have to contend with. The obvious solution is to widen the Rio Grande. Might be tough to match Australia's isolation but if it was a few hundred miles wider it might suffice and maybe it could be in place of the mythical "wall", Not sure how to deal with Canabis (the country formerly known as Canada). That's a pretty big ditch.

We'd have a problem with that pesky 4th Amendment restriction on search and seizure since there are a lot of hillbillies here who still think we have a Constitution and would need a little "encouragement" to comply with gun confiscation. But really, since we're already throwing out the 2nd, what's the problem. What the heck, get rid of all 10. We're not really following them anyway. If there's a problem with that, we can surely get 5 black robed mystics to parse the language to make things "constitutional".

I'm sure there's much more to be done but that's a start. And best of all, none of this will address the problem of violence. In fact, in all likelihood it will make it vastly worse but we're talking government here. That's a feature not a bug. A chance for MORE government! What's not to like?

Oh, and we'll need a new name for the country because it sure as hell won't be America any more.

When the Republicans controlled the government and did nothing that's inaction or if you wish doing nothing.

"Inaction" or "doing nothing", wasn't in my vocabulary, until I read your post. I didn't even know that inaction and doing nothin, or nothing had the same conotation, until you enlightened and educated epelez, or moi.
So, thank you for that lesson friend.

But some of my wishes, since you asked, for the last two years have come true, except for a pair, two 2 or a couple.

Trump became POTUS.
Two new SCOTUS NOMINATIONS AND CONFIRMATIONS.
Though some had Brett Cavanaugh presumed guilty, instead of innocent until proven guilty. ( "Guilty" until proven innocent. What an "ANTI" American statement by the DEMONICS on that committee!! )
People of all race are working in record numbers in the United States of America.
Which means, unemployment is low in the United States of America.
Businesses are making money and reinvesting in the United States of America.
Food stamp needs are lower in the United States of America.
Health care cost are coming down for myself and family while care is improving due to competition. ( free market once again )
Joined this forum. Amazing amount of knowledge and talent that I've learned a great deal from.
I could go on about facts that have impressed me in just the last two years and someone could add to my shortlist, as sure as one will disagree with facts while enjoying their opioids and cocktails.

0h, my wife and I are very unhappy that I-1639 passed in WA.
Voted against, signed the petition and sent money to The Second Amendment Rights folks.
Also, that Oregon lost to Stanford this year in football. Bill L

"Inaction" or "doing nothing", wasn't in my vocabulary, until I read your post. I didn't even know that inaction and doing nothin, or nothing had the same conotation, until you enlightened and educated epelez, or moi.
So, thank you for that lesson friend.

But some of my wishes, since you asked, for the last two years have come true, except for a pair, two 2 or a couple.

Trump became POTUS.
Two new SCOTUS NOMINATIONS AND CONFIRMATIONS.
Though some had Brett Cavanaugh presumed guilty, instead of innocent until proven guilty. ( "Guilty" until proven innocent. What an "ANTI" American statement by the DEMONICS on that committee!! )
People of all race are working in record numbers in the United States of America.
Which means, unemployment is low in the United States of America.
Businesses are making money and reinvesting in the United States of America.
Food stamp needs are lower in the United States of America.
Health care cost are coming down for myself and family while care is improving due to competition. ( free market once again )
Joined this forum. Amazing amount of knowledge and talent that I've learned a great deal from.
I could go on about facts that have impressed me in just the last two years and someone could add to my shortlist, as sure as one will disagree with facts while enjoying their opioids and cocktails.

0h, my wife and I are very unhappy that I-1639 passed in WA.
Voted against, signed the petition and sent money to The Second Amendment Rights folks.
Also, that Oregon lost to Stanford this year in football. Bill L
We are about to see how well this economy is doing and 2.3 trillion addition to the deficit thanks to Trump helping out his fellow millionaires life is going to get interesting. Yet we have not talked about Trumps problems yet.

H.R. 38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017, combined with H.R. 4477 – Fix NICS Act of
2017: Passed House, Dead in Senate.

H.R. 367 Hearing Protection Act of 2017: Dead in House

S. 59 Hearing Protection Act of 2017: Dead in Senate

S. 446 Constitutional Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017: Dead in Senate

GOP support for Gun Rights: Dead (now that the GOP has lost the House to the Democrats)!

Last Edited:
A final thought - no threat intended.

Our Heritage.jpg

'Red flag' gun law should include minors, Washington state prosecutors say

Insane!

Edit: I just want to make sure everybody understands what this article is about. There is a movement to interpret the red flag laws so that they can remove guns from citizens who aren't even the target of the red flag effort. For example your daughter tells her counsler at school that she is having suicidal thoughts and that there are guns in the household. The counselor initiates a red flag event and a couple of steps later the cops come for your guns. You are not the target of the red flag event but since the target lives in your household they want to remove your guns. This is a very very scary escalation of the red flag law.

GUILT by association.

Aloha, Mark

Isn't that what a 5150 is for?
If he's adjudicated as dangerous he's held if not he is released and his rights are unaffected.
What am I missing here?

I believe it is a case where the person is ok when taking their meds, but then they feel fine and stop taking the meds because of the side effects. Everything works out until there is a stress added and they go off their rocker.

If Australia's gun laws are such a popular success, why was their compliance rate so low?

If Ozzie laws are so good, UK laws must be better!! : United Kingdom knife crime growing to epidemic levels
Even the very liberal New York Times admits that an Australian style gun ban just wont work here in the USA.
Opinion | Australia's Gun Laws Are Not a Model for America

Any attempts the liberals make to ban "ASSAULT WEAPONS" usually ends up being a total ban on every semi auto firearm and as we saw in Oregon, they even push for confiscation. Liberals will always be united by fascist ideologies and just a simple ban will only be the beginning. Liberals will not stop until they have rescinded every right you have and that goes far beyond the 2nd Amendment but definitely goes deep into the 1st Amendment. Considering that my ancestors in Europe were not allowed to own firearms and were brainwashed into being very submissive and compliant to the governing bodies, they were very easy targets for annihilation/genocide. It didn't take much work to round them up and slaughter them like helpless sheep.

It will take a bloody revolution where the Liberals overthrow the freedom loving Constitutionalists before the 2nd Amendment is dissolved. If every state tries to become like California or worse a seriously violent confrontation will ensue, it is inevitable. The liberals/fascists may atttempt to invoke these gun confiscation laws in the name of "protecting Americans from themselves". But, it will just take a few wild shootouts, loss of both law enforcement and innocent civilians who were once law abiding (no criminal records) until the government decided they were guilty until proven innocent for these gun confiscation laws get put into the spotlight. Obviously, they will become so controversial and despised. If people despite seeing little children, mothers and fathers massacred by law enforcement (and National Guard, potentialy) doesn't cause a major outcry, you will have quite a rebellion on your hands. Americans will not comply with gun confiscation and we all know it will come in the form of deceptive "protection orders/measures", not an outright Nazi style ban.

A government who believes in empowering the government will not be satisfied until it assumes ultimate authority. Refer to our Founding Fathers if you need a reference.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top