JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking of getting a Chronograph I am wondering what you guys out are using and can recommend. Plus what is the difference in Alpha, Beta,Gamma chronographs ? And has anybody tried the Rcbs Chronograph?
Thanks guys

In easy terms, the difference between the models listed are features. I have one of Chrony units the Gamma Master and it works great. I 'think' that the measuring guts are common across all their units. You would have to verify that.

Bottom line, take a look at what features you ink are important and go from their. I like having a remote readout and the printer, but they are not essential if your not on a shared firing line. If you are, then being able to drive the unit and take readings without leaving the bench are useful.

If you reload, they are just another very important piece of the process.

I had one of the little chrony's but only used it when playing with wildcats to develop loads, then it sat in the drawer for years. Sold it off finally. It worked fine. Inexpensive too.

First chronograph I played with was the POS RCBS Ammomaster. Pile of junk. I should have read more reviews about it before purchasing it because it has been plagued with problems since its introduction.

Trust me. Get a Chrony. You'll be much happier.
E

I'm leaning towards the beta chorny or gamma chrony at this point they are little bit more in my price range And sounds like they'll be more than qualified to do the job.

bought the chrony f1. the green one. hated it. it only worked about 75% of the time. switched to the competition electronics prochrono pal. It always works. Its on sale at midway right now. It goes on sale every 3rd month on midway.
Competition Electronics ProChrono Pal Chronograph

get a good tripod also. this is the standard because you can use it for spotting. anything less is compromising.

Manfrotto 055XPROB Aluminum Tripod with 322RC2 055XPROB,322K B&H

do not shoot your chronometer. watch your scope offset.

Thanks for bringing this thread up fellers. My son recently started reloading, and I don't believe he has a chrono yet. Now he'll get one for Christmas! I'll also be curious to learn the effects of various length barrels on the store-bought ammo I use.

Thanks for bringing this thread up fellers. My son recently started reloading, and I don't believe he has a chrono yet. Now he'll get one for Christmas! I'll also be curious to learn the effects of various length barrels on the store-bought ammo I use.

Now that's a good gift to give a son! Hopefully you won't just get a new pair of socks! :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top