JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay I gotta call male bovine excrement on the claim of "Provides identical anti-ballistic protective coverage area as traditional law enforcement body armor vests"; as there is a triangular zone that seems to not be protected right on the sternum/rib cage area where the vitals are. :rolleyes: a decently trained shooter will put lots of rounds right in that zone to kill thr wearer, so it does not provide equal protection for the same areas that a close fitted vest or plate carrier does. Now if they had said in conjunction to a concealed plate carrier behind the button up shirt... okay I can believe it but on its own.. nope. Not for 1 grand.

I think like probably most of us have at some point, I've toyed with the idea of snagging some body armor... range use, SHTF, just to feel cool seeing it hanging on the rack in my man cave.... whatever. Have never done it.. always seemed a little too pricey for a guy who doesn't even bother to carry a gun concealed anymore. In other words, just never been that into it, and gradually even becoming less so.

However, despite my decade+ old policy of not paying attention to the media in any way shape or form, and despite how blissful it's been not knowing whats going on in the world or why some people seem so pissed off about so much stuff.... there are some current events that have managed to infiltrate the outer walls of my Castle of Ignorance. And I'm thinking maybe it's time to go ahead and grab it now, rather than wish I had before it was too late and I gotta live through a post-apocalyptic hell without.

Given America's love for the AR15 and AK47/74, I feel like these are the rounds to defeat, without having to pack around any more weight than necessary - assuming full power/magnum-ish .30+ cal loadings would require heavier plates...

So what are some good options to look at for intermediate rifle calibers...? Criteria being coverage and weight, then cost.. but obviously looking for best value, not highest cost (I'm willing to spend, but I don't want to throw money away)

I mean, what's the best compromise between protection, weight/practicality, and cost?

What are local-level law enforcement wearing these days, and how much protection do you get from it? I'd kind of been under the vague assumption most patrol were all sporting plates these days, which made me hopeful there was some kind of new, super lightweight, HSLD plates out there, but upon closer inspection it seems it's just carriers or loadout vests with no plates, unless they're geared up for high risk warrant service or riot bubblegum. And last I knew, there was NO soft armor on the market capable of defeating a 5.56/5.45 or 7.62x39, no?

Thanks in advance gents.
Would look at level 3 minimum vests. Plate carriers are tacticool, but a bullet proof vest is easy to store, and just more practical in a bad situation.

Okay I gotta call male bovine excrement on the claim of "Provides identical anti-ballistic protective coverage area as traditional law enforcement body armor vests"; as there is a triangular zone that seems to not be protected right on the sternum/rib cage area where the vitals are. :rolleyes: a decently trained shooter will put lots of rounds right in that zone to kill thr wearer, so it does not provide equal protection for the same areas that a close fitted vest or plate carrier does. Now if they had said in conjunction to a concealed plate carrier behind the button up shirt... okay I can believe it but on its own.. nope. Not for 1 grand.

Imagine the frakin' welts, bruises, and broken bones that one would attain while wearing that and assuming (as mentioned) your exposed sternum doesn't get punched.

:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads