JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sign said an Eclipse in the afternoon? Probably well East of the Crazy City on the Rivers. But ... we have neighbors with dumb horses that tend to spazz out over nothing. Those animals can hurt you if they are in full panic mode. Perhaps some phone calls letting our spazzo neighbors who own the spazzo horses will keep them inside the barn? But .... you never know how neighbors may respond.

The fake eye glasses truly scares me. Talk about a major choke point or weakness. Our solar sunglasses came from a major optics outlet and even then we called them and asked if the glasses we purchased were real or phony. The kind and nice lady assured us they were the real deal safe solar viewing sunglasses. But this makes me wonder about all the fakes possible. Terrorist potentials? Oh boy.

Apparently NASA and the ISO has some sites talking about this. ISO. International Standards Organization. Kids should ONLY look through a pin hole box. I for one would feel very leery giving ANY child a pair of solar glasses. The potential for disaster out weights any benefit looking at the sun. Just me. I am a retired RN with too many bad memories regarding kids and eyeball injuries. :( :( :(

Only thing I heard was because it gets dark it could make your dog want to go to sleep thinking it was night time.

My dog sleeps all day anyway so whats the dang difference. Leave it to chanel 12 news to put something worthless on prime time. :confused:

Seriously, they used to secure welding in the hangar bay when military working dog teams came onto my aircraft carrier to sniff for stoners coming to work. I tried to warn the critters not to look at the flashes ("bark... bark, bark, bark!") but they weren't digging my yankee dialect. Germans...

My friend Dingo is totally ready for the eclipse.

dingo eclipse.jpg

Last Edited:
They had a news story on this prior to the partial eclipse here in Spokane. It gets my vote for the second dumbest news story of the year (so far).

In the lead for the Dumbest News Story of the Year is the story from several weeks ago when our skies were hazy due to wildfire smoke and a local news station had a story on "How to Protect Your Skin from Smoke". Honest to God, it was the dumbest thing yet in a year of dumb news stories.

The news these days is so content free I need a Snickers bar with each broadcast (because Snickers really satisfies®).

They had a news story on this prior to the partial eclipse here in Spokane. It gets my vote for the second dumbest news story of the year (so far).

In the lead for the Dumbest News Story of the Year is the story from several weeks ago when our skies were hazy due to wildfire smoke and a local news station had a story on "How to Protect Your Skin from Smoke". Honest to God, it was the dumbest thing yet in a year of dumb news stories.

The news these days is so content free I need a Snickers bar with each broadcast (because Snickers really satisfies®).
I hear ya. I'll watch it on lunch at work (channel 6 news), and it's all the same regurgitated tripe. What REALLY brings my piss to a boil is when they have "celebrity news" segments. Who F'ing cares?!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top