JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is it me or is The Walking Dead a great example of latent liberal racism? Libs write, produce, direct, and act in the show yet the black characters are all disposable background players, or angry lesbians sporting samurai swords.

Michonne is a badass in the comic. They've neutered her quite a bit for the show. They've also neutered the show and the Governor, because he beats the heck out of her and rapes her repeatedly in the comic (she also maims him significantly afterward.) Also the comic is good about killing characters off regardless of race. The show doesn't capture it as well.

I believe a big part of what happens next will be after the inevitable face off between Darryl and Merle. Darryl is in a much better position than Merle, considering Merle has already lied to the Governor, who is already questioning his allegiance. I doubt Darryl will give up what he has just because Merle is his brother, especially when he sees Glenn. Merle is little more than the Governors stooge at this point.

Yeah. I could see any of the following next week:

Governor kills Daryl; Merle kills the Governor (season-end)
Daryl and Merle have a stand-off
Merle threatens to kill Rick; Daryl kills Merle
The black dude dies (also known as the Star Trek Redshirt Syndrome) - no one notices
etc., etc.

I am looking forward to the ep, though. I think it's the make-or-brek ep for the rest of the season.

Another twist is the encounter between Michonne and the Governors daughter. They stopped the trailer just as she was about to pull the hood off. If I had to guess I would say the dynamic in Woodbury is about to change. I don't think the Governor expected such a quick rescue mission from the others and really doesn't know they are at the front door. For some reason though I continue to believe Merle will live, but but possibly escaping in the end.

The conflict @ Woodbury makes the prison conflict that much more interesting depending on how they do it (IF they do it.) ESPECIALLY since that never happened in the comic - so it's all kinda uncharted waters. The daughter thing is weird, just like the television sets. They've shown up once but haven't been significant when they're really core to showing just how f'ed up the Governor is.

I want to see how Andrea factors in.

Merle is a hill billy red neck of the Deliverance kind (squeal like a pig you big city zombies) bread for zombie killing and post appocoplse survival.

He will survive.

Dude cut off his hand and cauterized it with a frying pan and a stove. I sincerely hope he does if only to keep that storyline going.

I will probably quit watching the show if they kill off Daryl, though.

This last episode was pretty good; I've had my doubts this season. I was sort of getting to a point where I really didn't care about the characters, especially when any of them could die at any time. But, things have gotten interesting again.

I would have to agree with you Sun195, I was almost ready to stop watching it after the last few episodes, but this last one definitely drew me back in. Can't wait to see where they go with The Govenor and Andrea and his walker daughter... Getting interesting again!!!

OK so it was a good end to mid-season. Looks like the SHTF in Woodbury, Andrea is finally getting it "maybe". The previews look like they bring Merle back to the group. A bad thing?, he now hates the Govenor and probably has a lot of intel on what goes on there. Glad to see Daryl makes it, he is a Boondock Saint.

Hope Daryl makes it out of the pit as the season resumes. Hope Michonne actually joins up with the group and helps them liberate Daryl, they can off Merle. I can see Glenn and Maggy getting married somehow - Maybe Hershel can perform the ceremony since he's the closest thing to a minister in the group. I used to like Andrea - now I hope she takes a bullet to the noggin.

Was cool to see Tyrese and his band added - they'll need the extra bodies/guns to defend the prison.

Eagerly anticipating the show's return in February.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top