JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live off se 82nd, so I don't leave squat in my van. My prepping consists of making sure its not stolen when I wake up. I work in the NW industrial, and generally have a bag with essentials to get the 10 miles home, by foot, van or bus. thats pretty much food, water, first aid, knife, lighter and pistol, plus maybe gloves, warm socks and a hat in the winter.

I think the idea of 'truck guns' these days is the fault of sweet tacticool operator videos like this.
Joke's on you. Now I know they exist.

I always think about what I'll take with me when I travel - I don't want to take anything big because I don't want to have to make it obvious I've got something with me. In general, I'll have my everyday carry, I'll add in my Ruger MKIII Target and a brick of ammo and on this next trip, probably either the AK pistol or AR pistol (9mm) - both are relatively easy to conceal and don't take a lot of space among the other things. I'm really liking the idea of an AR or AK pistol as a truck gun, especially when length and weight are a concern.

to be honest, when I saw that video, and ones like it, I did myself up a little 9mm AR, and its one of my favorite guns.

Not going to risk it getting stolen out of my van though. Bad neighborhood, plus there's nowhere to hide anything that size in an econoline without building secured storage. Maybe someday.

I feel you should be proficient with your handgun up to 100 yards.

I don't think my typical CC pistol is really something I want to be shooting at 100 yards. Maybe an Encore/Contender. I've done some 50 yard shooting (just to amuse myself) with my Glock and the holdover starts obscuring the target. At 50 yards+ I'd rather have just about any type of rifle.

Also, if your weapons are getting stolen from you car it may be because you didn't hide them, physically secure them or had some silly stickers on the back belying the contents of your vehicle. Something like this but mounted behind the seat or somewhere not driver accessible depending on your local laws. You could probably fashion up something from home depot with some bolts, bars and locks in a couple evenings. Ap_PartitionGunRack_b1.jpg

Last Edited:
I see the truck gun posts from time to time. I wouldn't want to leave a rifle or shotgun or any other gun in a car in Seattle's down town core, or most other places for that matter. I've seen people who had their cars broken into and weapons stolen.

I feel you should be proficient with your handgun up to 100 yards. Carry extra mags, ammo, etc. in the car instead of a truck gun. I'd rather have a ton of high capacity magazines with 20-30+ round capacity and a few hundred extra rounds of ammo. Sure, a rifle with expensive optics, plate carrier, etc. would be nice, but it's a balance of having gear you will likely need and not getting your expensive stuff stolen.

Your entire post is disjointed and without substance.

A "truck gun" should be a gun you can leave in your truck for societal collapse.

Generally speaking, a Truck gun is pretty much ANYTHING you decide it too be...

To hurt your fragile sensibilities, apparently. Can't take an ounce of criticism without attacking the person? Take a breather from the ego trip. Are you just bragging about shooting pistols at 100 yards? That's what it seems like. I'm gonna go ahead and NOT take your advice, and leave my rifle locked up in my vehicle safe so I can get to it when I need it.

Pointing out logical facts is criticism?? You are more likely to have your truck gun stolen than needing it....FACT. I asked for evidence of his assertion and he could come up with none...You are fare more likely to have your beloved truck gun stolen than ever needing it, but keep on chuckling with your "logic".

Here's another thread with MY "twisted logic" where he thinks a pepper spray burglar alarm could get me sued if the burglar falls and hit's his head but can't cite any cases when asked to, yet he thinks his dog attacking a burglar is immune from law suits. Yeah, you sure showed me....:rolleyes:

Burglar pepper spray bomb?

Last Edited:
Pointing out logical facts is criticism?? You are more likely to have your truck gun stolen than needing it....FACT. I asked for evidence of his assertion and he could come up with none...You are fare more likely to have your beloved truck gun stolen than ever needing it, but keep on chuckling with your "logic".

Here's another thread with MY "twisted logic" where he thinks a pepper spray burglar alarm could get me sued if the burglar falls and hit's his head but can't cite any cases when asked to, yet he thinks his dog attacking a burglar is immune from law suits. Yeah, you sure showed me....:rolleyes:

Burglar pepper spray bomb?

Whatch out using those bombs, you could get sued!!!

Your just precious, bless your heart.

Whatch out using those bombs, you could get sued!!!

Your just precious, bless your heart.

Often stuff like the "you will get sued" comes from something that did happen but morphs. I have read of some insane law actions brought by criminals against victims. Examples, thief falls through skylight and sues company who owns building. Woman stealing canned ham, slips, ham falls and breaks her foot, she sues. What many forget or ignore is this is not the criminal suing normally. It's some bottom feeder taking the case for a large cut of what they get. For the bottom feeder to take the case they have to feel there is good chance to get paid to "go away" by someone. Normally a insurance Co.

So would I use the OC bomb? Looks like a possibly cool idea to me I will take a second look at. Is the chance my "truck gun" will be stolen FAR more likely than I will "need it"? Also yes. As I have said my guns like this are not laying on the seat or trunk. If someone steals the car and chops it they will find it. So does this mean I will stop? No. This to me is no different than the guns I have at home. Chances are FAR, FAR greater my guns at home will be stolen rather than the odds I will need them. I am not going to get rid of the guns that stay home when I am not there either. As with the cars I take precautions. I am not going to live my life in fear though. I DO NOT say others should follow my way of doing things. It's a "to each his own" kind of thing.

Last Edited:
I don't know about Oregon, but in WA you cannot have a loaded long gun in your truck. This pretty much eliminates any non-magazine fed gun, such as most shotguns - unless you feel you'll always have enough time to load individual rounds. This is a good case for AR pistols with a long barrel, e.g. 9-12 inches. They'll be accurate, legal to keep in your vehicle loaded. I am thinking about putting a Hornady fast access AR safe behind the rear seating. AR Gunlocker - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc

70641F41-5E3F-4446-BE80-621809C90D44.jpeg E6D40F4E-BDE2-49D2-83C5-3DF17C116B1B.jpeg FD864081-4297-497E-B263-060C447B67CE.jpeg When I go far from home I usually cable a shotgun under my seat.
No one would know it's there, and if they found it they couldn't take it without a bunch of work but I could get it fairly quick.
I chose the KSG because the massive firepower and its 50 state legal.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top