JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some prefer open vs concealed carry. Maybe some prefer to open carry their truck gun vs concealing it.

And that is your choice my friend. I for one do not agree with open carry. As for your vehicle its your choice what you do and how you store your guns. But you did say discrete and IMHO that is not discrete. IMO that says look at me I have a rifle in my car or truck! ;)

Mine gets locked to the roll bar, then hidden under a towel or jacket. I also have tinted rear windows, so if you see what's back there your snooping. And it doesn't stay in there. A cable will prevent most smash and grab thefts. At least I hope. A nice loud alarm would help as well.

IMG_20170809_102526.jpg

Hold on mall shooter, mob attackers bad guys while I dig out my hidden chained padlocked long gun from my hidden compartment, after I remove all the trunk junk in its way....

All this effort, expense, and work to hide and secure a long gun so its not even readily accessable. Doesnt make sense

And that is your choice my friend. I for one do not agree with open carry. As for your vehicle its your choice what you do and how you store your guns. But you did say discrete and IMHO that is not discrete. IMO that says look at me I have a rifle in my car or truck! ;)

I failed to communicate my sarcasm with my previous posts.

Hold on mall shooter, mob attackers bad guys while I dig out my hidden chained padlocked long gun from my hidden compartment, after I remove all the trunk junk in its way....

All this effort, expense, and work to hide and secure a long gun so its not even readily accessable. Doesnt make sense

I would love a hidden compartment someday. Trick is finding the spot where it can be accessed at a moments notice.

Yeah, a hidden compartment would be cool but they are super expensive to make it practical. Maybe worth it if you buy a brand new vehicle you plan to keep forever...

But that assumes certain events happen. What about an SHTF scenario where you have to leave your vehicle and hoof it home, perhaps over the course of several days (as it would be for me if leaving from my workplace) through some potentially bad people. In such a case, where you face unknown threats, such as groups of people that are desperate and want what you have - I would really like something like an AR pistol above and beyond a regular pistol. There are certainly some circumstances where having something more available is practical and desirable.

But that assumes certain events happen. What about an SHTF scenario where you have to leave your vehicle and hoof it home, perhaps over the course of several days (as it would be for me if leaving from my workplace) through some potentially bad people. In such a case, where you face unknown threats, such as groups of people that are desperate and want what you have - I would really like something like an AR pistol above and beyond a regular pistol. There are certainly some circumstances where having something more available is practical and desirable.

Absolutely, anyone would rather have more firepower if attacked... But this thread is about the odds of such an event, virtually zero what your describing. If its going to take you several days to walk home your gonna need food, clean water, a PFD, and other things way more than a long arm. How much stuff can you carry?

Absolutely, anyone would rather have more firepower if attacked... But this thread is about the odds of such an event, virtually zero what your describing. If its going to take you several days to walk home your gonna need food, clean water, a PFD, and other things way more than a long arm. How much stuff can you carry?

Enough that an AR pistol and a few mags won't be an issue. What are the odds? Low. Same as being in a mass shooting event or involved in a home invasion robbery. BUT, those things do happen. Fact is, I can help improve my odds, regardless of the situation, so it's something I'm considering. After all, my family needs me at home - if having a little extra firepower helps assure I get there, then I'm willing to carry that load.

It's not legal to have a long gun readily accessible anyway... My idea of having truck gun in hidden locked compartment is more for SHTF and other emergencies... e.g. if break down in BFE you can use it for hunting. If it comes down to self defense we have our CC pistol. how does it go?... use your pistol to fight your way to your rifle.

This thread has watered down to the old "You shouldn't take precautions that I don't approve of." Nowhere left for the conversation to go but in circles.

RIP this thread.

fork in me.jpg

Enough that an AR pistol and a few mags won't be an issue.

An AR pistol woul be the only way to go. Small enough to stowe in your pack when you need to be the grey-man. I dont think a lot of folks think about all the other logistics of walking home thru town with a long arm.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top