JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL. Yes, I am somewhat late to the 9mm 1911 party. Got other 9mms but I am liking the 1911 in 9mm. Thanks for the heads up on the springs. I had been wondering. All my other 9s like 124gr. Got a case of 115 gr to eventually shoot up. I'll trial some of both at the range when I get there. Prolly will put up a review after a couple of hundred rounds - which most likely will be after a day at the range. :)

Well, not a 1911 - already had five of them - I got myself a cheap sub - a Star Model B. It was just so much fun and felt so odd and snappy compared to any 1911. My service pistol was the Browning, but I also had my own copy of that, too.

Ah, memories, eh?

Thanks to a great fellow forum member I picked up the Ronin Operator today at Tick Lickers. Feel like Ralphie with a new Red Ryder BB Gun ;) Weather permitting its range day tomorrow. BTW- it is not exaggeration when "they" say it comes with a 3lb trigger. Snap caps have confirmed that as fact.

Searched far and wide for a 9 to convert to .38 Super. Settled on the full-sized Ronin. As might be guessed, the Ronin did not find me. It's not a zombie gun - it's a ghost gun. Maybe if I live long enough...

And then if that's not enough, enter the new sheriff in town...
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the "2011"

swjf16-sti-edge.jpg

How about a 20rd, double stack, semi-flush mag ?

I was just thinking this.:s0101:
Been considering a STI 2011. If I go 9mm 1911, I really want the best of both worlds. I just can't wrap my mind around the price of that Combat Master. The crazy part of me wants to get a few of the mags now though, cause....you know.

I was just thinking this.:s0101:
Been considering a STI 2011. If I go 9mm 1911, I really want the best of both worlds. I just can't wrap my mind around the price of that Combat Master. The crazy part of me wants to get a few of the mags now though, cause....you know.
I have an STI Edge like in the pic above.
They are out of production now. (they're pushing the Staccato line)
Dawson said that I got the last 9mm.
They still had some 40's a while back still in stock.
I would email Dawson and see what they have left.

Its all good trevi. They are still 1911s. I'm an old dawg now. Got to shoot my first 1911 45acp when I was about 8 years old. My Uncle had to help me hold it. I was hooked! This was the same Uncle who kindled my love for lever rifles. A 1911 saved my life one time in a sweaty jungle. I still love 'em in 45acp and reload all of my range ammo for it. I still consider a 1911 in 9mm a 1911. Thanks to Saint Browning we have all kinds of choices now! Shoot 'em. Enjoy 'em. :D

Its all good trevi. They are still 1911s. I'm an old dawg now. Got to shoot my first 1911 45acp when I was about 8 years old. My Uncle had to help me hold it. I was hooked! This was the same Uncle who kindled my love for lever rifles. A 1911 saved my life one time in a sweaty jungle. I still love 'em in 45acp and reload all of my range ammo for it. I still consider a 1911 in 9mm a 1911. Thanks to Saint Browning we have all kinds of choices now! Shoot 'em. Enjoy 'em. :D
1911 began my lifelong affection for guns.

Now i will be building a multi-calibre longslide 1911. :)

Yep
They are great pistols.
I have a Colt in 45ACP and the STI 2011.
The bad thing about them is that you might pee by merely holding one !
The good thing is that you will be allowed into heaven for having owned one !
(others will have to go through the door to the left)

:p

I hold no grudges against the 9mm. It's a good cartridge and the last several of years have been good to it's effectiveness.
I understand why many would love and buy a 1911 in 9mm.

I'm cool with it just being a .45.:cool:

I hold no grudges against the 9mm. It's a good cartridge and the last several of years have been good to it's effectiveness.
I understand why many would love and buy a 1911 in 9mm.

I'm cool with it just being a .45.:cool:
It's a tribute to the design that it can be effectively morphed into a 9mm, 38 Super, 40SW, 10mm and so on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top