JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nah. I know too many people suggesting exactly those (harden schools, repealing gun free zones, arming staff, arming the people to defend themselves, stricter criminal penalties, going hard on crime etc).. but they get either ignored, buried, or shouted down and censored/shadowbanned from social sites.
Exactly right.

When I have suggested 'hardening the schools' I've been answered with "That would be too expensive." But there seems to be no awareness of how much is spent on 'helping' other countries.

There seems to be a weird disconnect in people's thinking, affecting a lot more than their notions about guns.

Exactly right.

When I have suggested 'hardening the schools' I've been answered with "That would be too expensive." But there seems to be no awareness of how much is spent on 'helping' other countries.

There seems to be a weird disconnect in people's thinking, affecting a lot more than their notions about guns.
except allowing teachers and staff and parents to carry on school grounds would be the cheapest way to do it. Theres definitely a disconnect in anti gun thinking that seems to bleed over to other things....

except allowing teachers and staff and parents to carry on school grounds would be the cheapest way to do it. Theres definitely a disconnect in anti gun thinking that seems to bleed over to other things....
Ever been in a middle school or inner city high school. I'd rather have squads of military patrolling that armed teachers.

Ever been in a middle school or inner city high school. I'd rather have squads of military patrolling that armed teachers.
I support people being able to exercise their 2A right in any setting, especially a public place like public schools.

That said, I did say the "cheapest" solution. I would support public schools offering advanced training for teachers if they wanted, publicly funded of course. Democrats will never support that though...

Let's be honest, the writing is now in the US Reports that any such bill will be struck down. Frankly, I wish an AWB would wind up before the Supremes and be struck so 2A issues would carry less weight as a political issue.

I wake up early in the AM and usually listen the C-Span on the sirius radio.

Listening to the people who call in is very disheartening.

The Democrat propaganda machine supported by main stream media has brainwashed a large segment of our voting population.

The mouth breathing ignorant people mouth Democrat talking points like they've been given a new religion.

The economy and much of the voting population are being supported by the government handing out free (borrowed) money. That's a functional definition of selling your Liberty and the destruction of the middle class. The idea that people should support themselves by their labor to produce useful good and services is being undermined.

Whole segments of our population have been bought and paid for. I'm not sure they're capable of changing their minds/attitudes without an imminent proximate threat to life and livelihood.

Many religions have concepts similar to idea of 7 deadly sins. The Democrats have adopted and weaponized most of those sins as tools to divide us and discredit our founding principles.

The civil war has started. Half of us refuse to recognize it for what it is. We can't fight effectively if we refuse to acknowledge the threat for what it is.

Last Edited:
biden-shake.gif
💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

I attended inner city public high school and my child who is in high school has attended them so yes. The need for a full time security /school resource officer is even pretty low. They're pretty damn safe where I grew up and where I live, but they are not attack proof.

I wake up early in the AM and usually listen the C-Span on the sirius radio.

Listening to the people who call in is very disheartening.

The Democrat propaganda machine supported by main stream media has brainwashed a large segment of our voting population.

The mouth breathing ignorant people mouth Democrat talking points like they've been given a new religion.

The economy and much of the voting population are being supported by the government handing out free (borrowed) money. That's a functional definition of selling your Liberty and the destruction of the middle class. The idea that people should support themselves by their labor to produce useful good and services is being undermined.

Whole segments of our population have been bought and paid for. I'm not sure they're capable of changing their minds/attitudes without an imminent proximate threat to life and livelihood.

Many religions have concepts similar to idea of 7 deadly sins. The Democrats have adopted and weaponized most of those sins as tools to divide us and discredit our founding principles.

The civil war has started. Half of us refuse to recognize it for what it is. We can't fight effectively if we refuse to acknowledge the threat for what it is.
This seem like entirely politics, and not so much firearms legislation…
IMO anyone who bothers to call into talk radio, regardless of political flavor, doesn't have enough brains to be doing something more useful, so I do see how you got that impression.

I attended inner city public high school and my child who is in high school has attended them so yes. The need for a full time security /school resource officer is even pretty low. They're pretty damn safe where I grew up and where I live, but they are not attack proof.
I'm more concerned with the teachers snapping and shooting students. In those situations I'd rather have trained professionals not armed strung out teachers.

I'm more concerned with the teachers snapping and shooting students. In those situations I'd rather have trained professionals not armed strung out teachers.
thats actually completely opposite what Id suspect, virtually all school shootings the suspect was a student.

thats actually completely opposite what Id suspect, virtually all school shootings the suspect was a student.
You don't have armed teachers dealing with those monsters.Just talking about the usual students.The more obnoxious ones.

Last Edited:
You don't have armed teachers.
?
lost me.

No school allows teachers to arm themselves that I know of. I have a kid in school, of course the teachers are unarmed its now against the law in Oregon.
I dont really know their political bias but otherwise the teachers are nice enough I would trust them to be responsible with a gun like anyone else on this forum thats progun. I would rather have the teacher armed than nobody armed.
Their constitutional right notwithstanding.

?
lost me.

No school allows teachers to arm themselves that I know of. I have a kid in school, of course the teachers are unarmed its now against the law in Oregon.
I dont really know their political bias but otherwise the teachers are nice enough I would trust them to be responsible with a gun like anyone else on this forum thats progun. I would rather have the teacher armed than nobody armed.
Their constitutional right notwithstanding.
You really want me to post YouTube videos of out of control high school students attacking their teachers? Teachers are nice people . That's great . They do a crappy job for not much pay or respect but they deal with a lot of kids who just haven't made it to jail yet. Some of the most neurotic people I've known were teachers. Not all to be sure but I think you'll see more teachers snap under pressure than you'd think reasonable. Id rather see 4-5 trained professionals on patrol than a bunch of armed teachers

Under your logic... no one should own a gun! If gun owners can not be trusted to not "snap" and start dropping bodies over everyday stressors then the 2A should be discarded and only "trained professional" (LEO's?) should be entrusted with the safety of the citizenship,

Just going out on a limb... I doubt many on this forum would support those ideals. :s0140:

Under your logic... no one should own a gun! If gun owners can not be trusted to not "snap" and start dropping bodies over everyday stressors then the 2A should be discarded and only "trained professional" (LEO's?) should be entrusted with the safety of the citizenship,

Just going out on a limb... I doubt many on this forum would support your ideals. :s0140:
I'm still more on the repealing Posse Commitatus side and putting military patrols in schools. A squad per school would suffice.

No I don't think arming teachers is a great or even reasonably good idea.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top