JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't vote hobbies I vote for maximum personal liberty.

You just said below you advocate for regulation so no we aren't on the same team. What you describe is exactly how they strip rights away through regulation . Slippery slope you stand upon it.

I'm an avid shooter and have been since I was a kid. I'm also a big fan of women having a choice over what they do to their bodies and not having one religion forced down my throat as the "correct one." I continue to care for others even after they're born and care for the environment and its preservation. I also feel that prior to purchasing a firearm, a person must go through mandatory in-person training and mental evaluation. Having any old fool legally able to shove an unholstered striker pistol into his pants is asking for trouble... and they might not know any better.. So, I vote based on a multitude of things and not just my hobby. It's not something I enjoy doing, but the right is trying to strip away freedoms too. Perhaps I'm odd for being a centrist but extremist behaviors on both sides are just dividing our country even more. It's too bad that so many aren't willing to hear out those who differ in opinion, but I happen to have close friends on both sides.

I'm an avid shooter and have been since I was a kid. I'm also a big fan of women having a choice over what they do to their bodies and not having one religion forced down my throat as the "correct one." I continue to care for others even after they're born and care for the environment and its preservation. I also feel that prior to purchasing a firearm, a person must go through mandatory in-person training and mental evaluation. Having any old fool legally able to shove an unholstered striker pistol into his pants is asking for trouble... and they might not know any better.. So, I vote based on a multitude of things and not just my hobby. It's not something I enjoy doing, but the right is trying to strip away freedoms too. Perhaps I'm odd for being a centrist but extremist behaviors on both sides are just dividing our country even more. It's too bad that so many aren't willing to hear out those who differ in opinion, but I happen to have close friends on both sides.
:rolleyes:

Perhaps I'm odd for being a centrist but extremist behaviors on both sides are just dividing our country even more.
And you are precipitating the divide even more by suggesting the very extremist idea of, 'a person must go through mandatory in-person training and mental evaluation.'

This will however allow you to 'curry favor' with one of the divided sides.......

And you are precipitating the divide even more by suggesting the very extremist idea of, 'a person must go through mandatory in-person training and mental evaluation.'

This will however allow you to 'curry favor' with one of the divided sides.......
You have to understand that there are way too many firearm owners who easily passed the background check but have no right taking that firearm out around others either in a controlled setting or the public. Proper training and education would make firearm people like ourselves look better as a whole. If you're anti training, that's odd considering the deadly nature of our hobby. Heck, it's required to learn how to ride a Vespa before you can go out and drive it. Why not a weapon that you may need to use to defend yourself, your loved ones, or the public? Or just to keep that person from blowing off their hoo-ha or putting a hole through their drywall and neighbor's barn?

A point well made, sir! And similar to the "vaccine passport" issue. It most definitely curries favor with a particular side...

You have to understand that there are way too many firearm owners who easily passed the background check but have no right taking that firearm out around others either in a controlled setting or the public. Proper training and education would make firearm people like ourselves look better as a whole. If you're anti training, that's odd considering the deadly nature of our hobby. Heck, it's required to learn how to ride a Vespa before you can go out and drive it. Why not a weapon that you may need to use to defend yourself, your loved ones, or the public? Or just to keep that person from blowing off their hoo-ha or putting a hole through their drywall and neighbor's barn?

The problem is that you see it as a "hobby". Like free speech or the right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment is a hobby.

I'm pro training. I 100% think that all gun owners should get some form of training. I vehemently oppose government mandated training.

Being anti safety is odd, both with firearms and health. I guess if you get what you want and don't consider others then that's a win, right?
SO - if I am NOT wearing a mask and NOT getting vaxxed am I threatening your health?

OR are you responsible for your own health and safety?

Do MY choices make me responsible for your health and safety?

Being anti safety is odd, both with firearms and health. I guess if you get what you want and don't consider others then that's a win, right?
Now, who said I was anti-safety? Please refrain from putting words into other people's mouths. I am quite safe with my firearms (as well as my vehicles and everything else I handle that might be considered dangerous), yet I have never had a mandatory safety training, and certainly not one required by any government agency.

Where my ire derives is from a government that seeks to divide its citizenry into preferential tiers. You have a vaccine passport? You can get on a plane. You don't have a vaccine passport? Sorry, you are unworthy and you cannot get on a plane. Tell me how is that equitable? If people are vaccinated, what do they have to fear from those that are not? If the vaccinated *do* pretend to have something to fear, then perhaps the fear is that the vaccine isn't all it's cracked up to be...???

And I will simply ignore your snide, conclusory remark. It does not even rise to the level of requiring a response from me.

Now, who said I was anti-safety? Please refrain from putting words into other people's mouths. I am quite safe with my firearms (as well as my vehicles and everything else I handle that might be considered dangerous), yet I have never had a mandatory safety training, and certainly not one required by any government agency.

Where my ire derives is from a government that seeks to divide its citizenry into preferential tiers. You have a vaccine passport? You can get on a plane. You don't have a vaccine passport? Sorry, you are unworthy and you cannot get on a plane. Tell me how is that equitable? If people are vaccinated, what do they have to fear from those that are not? If the vaccinated *do* pretend to have something to fear, then perhaps the fear is that the vaccine isn't all it's cracked up to be...???

And I will simply ignore your snide, conclusory remark. It does not even rise to the level of requiring a response from me.
The fear is not achieving necessary herd immunity. However, I'm not going to get into that on a firearms forum.

The fear is not achieving necessary herd immunity. However, I'm not going to get into that on a firearms forum.
There is no issue of herd immunity if you're vaccinated. You're vaccinated, so you're all good.
At least, that's what our benevolent overlords are telling us, no?

The problem is that you see it as a "hobby". Like free speech or the right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment is a hobby.

I'm pro training. I 100% think that all gun owners should get some form of training. I vehemently oppose government mandated training.
It's mainly my hobby, but also a form of personal protection and my right to bear. If everybody was sane and smart I wouldn't feel the way I do. Sadly, there are dummies around every corner, extremists on both sides, and mental health issues aplenty. The gooberment wants you to wear a seatbelt because too many are too stupid to buckle up. Once stupid reaches a certain level, somebody has to step in and guide the children.

It's mainly my hobby, but also a form of personal protection and my right to bear. If everybody was sane and smart I wouldn't feel the way I do. Sadly, there are dummies around every corner, extremists on both sides, and mental health issues aplenty. The gooberment wants you to wear a seatbelt because too many are too stupid to buckle up. Once stupid reaches a certain level, somebody has to step in and guide the children.

I support basic firearm safety in every K-12 in the country.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top