JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from polls, it appears it has changed their opinions on 2A rights, or at least on some of the issues.
It appears that some have changed their minds about firearms ownership for themselves.
But how do they feel about you and l?
Many of these new gun owners are arming themselves against US... they think we're the enemy and as such are not likely to be trustworthy allies as we do battle at the ballot box.

There's also the unfortunate truth of political hubris. Politicians view any marginal electoral victory as a sweeping mandate for their entire platform. If someone was inclined to vote for a Democrat because they loved their tax-and-spend economic policy while disliking their inevitable anti-gun crusading, it doesn't matter... we get it ALL.

It appears that some have changed their minds about firearms ownership for themselves.
But how do they feel about you and l?
Many of these new gun owners are arming themselves against US... they think we're the enemy and as such are not likely to be trustworthy allies as we do battle at the ballot box.
I had a manager once who said he didn't have a problem with owning guns, he had a problem with other people owning guns.

There's also the unfortunate truth of political hubris. Politicians view any marginal electoral victory as a sweeping mandate for their entire platform. If someone was inclined to vote for a Democrat because they loved their tax-and-spend economic policy while disliking their inevitable anti-gun crusading, it doesn't matter... we get it ALL.
And/or, they don't care once in office and they have power - or more to the point, pols don't care about mandates or public opinion once they have power - if they did then they would be a lot more diligent about following thru on their campaign promises.

You can't expect those who have blindly followed the left's anti gun agenda to make a radical 180 turn on their entire belief system, solely based on one issue.
This is true - We can not not expect them to 'make a radical 180 turn' - however lets not forget those who 'Have blindly followed the left's anti gun agenda' were not only following - they ARE a part of the left - and if gun ownership is the 'one issue' they still have a whole bunch more firmly in place they will NEVER 'turn' on - and I'll wager the 2A is one of them.

but I suspect the vast majority did not and will continue to vote for anti gun politicians just as before.
And they most likely will, along with all other things left.

What I think we COULD expect from these 'new gun owners' is they may take the 'fact-based solution' and use it to their advantage to 'modify' their existing anti gun positions to include new unrealistic proposals, ideas and opinions based on what 'they' believe or think now that they are 'gun owners'.

Isn't this how the left has traditionally acted? To try to convince conservatives what they believe is the only correct approach (for anything) based on limited information, unverified or false 'facts' and emotions? I think it's a pipe dream to believe there will be any shift in the left with regard to the 2A.
Heck, I know a radical lib who is a gun owner (sort of, only on the 'fringes') yet he disagrees with all conservative values or beliefs and thinks the 'Republicans 'need to go' to preserve Democracy.

Lets not forget the oft repeated slogan applied to the left, 'Rules for me and not for thee' - and I can clearly see the left (given their natural propensity for arrogance) to establish a new approach to gun control - but now influenced by their newfound 'ownership'.

This is all hypothetical and assuming the 40 mil (or even a large % of them) take their gun ownership seriously. I am sure most were incidental, impulsive purchases based on, 'nothing more than them "arming up" in the event it becomes necessary to be armed', as previously mentioned, and these guns and the half box of remaining ammo will soon be collecting dust.

Lets not forget the oft repeated slogan applied to the left, 'Rules for me and not for thee' - and I can clearly see the left (given their natural propensity for arrogance) to establish a new approach to gun control - but now influenced by their newfound 'ownership'.
Given human propensities, I see most anybody who was for gun control previously, but now owns guns where they did not before, just ignoring the hypocrisy of owning guns and still supporting gun control.

And too many others simply believe whatever Foxx puts on and mindlessly cheer for those storming the Capital seeking to undo an election.
Take your pick....
It's very clear which is more dangerous.

330,000,000 million people in the USA and at any one time only the die hard news junkies are watching the media. Less than one percent of the population even turns the junk news on. Even fewer believe what propaganda the media spews. Numbers don't lie.
Have a great evening and remember at about 4am a rare blood moon will be a great astrological event in our sky.

Last Edited:
I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I have found information disseminated by the Chinese News Network to accurately reflect Chairman Xi's desire for the US.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 9.28.21 PM.png

And too many others simply believe whatever Foxx puts on and mindlessly cheer for those storming the Capital seeking to undo an election.
Take your pick....
It's very clear which is more dangerous.
Since CNN didn't tell you, your side has done $2B dollars in damage during their "mostly peaceful demonstrations" over the last year or so and killed a few dozen people at them, including at least 6 cops. They have several times barricaded federal buildings with people inside and lit the buildings on fire. They have stormed the Capital building and burned down a church across the street from it. This is not a road you want to go down.

A lot of these new gun owners dont have the personal history of just how gun control affects them. I think it would be foolish to dismiss the impact of million more brand new gun owners even if they voted for anti-gun politicians. I dont expect to change their minds overnight, but I do expect them to eventually see the light when the very gun they purchased becomes prohibited or they suddenly realized their politician just made carrying and using it illegal.

Ehh I've watched people in the last year go from being full on supporters of AWB's and gun control to being full on NFA and ATF abolitionists. Some of these people are now Libertarians others are writing their representatives and senators on the regular stating their new found opinions on the ineffective nature of gun control. Will it make a difference? I don't know and likely it won't. But the less people in favor of heavy handed gun control the better.

I agree with @Koda sentiment that it would be foolish to suddenly dismiss these new gun owners. Of course I think some people like that "Us vs Them" mentality on both sides of the political aisle. I imagine a lot of people here wouldn't have much to post about, or know what to do with their time, if gun control was no longer on the table.

New Second Amendment Foundation National TV ad campaign rips Biden's gun rights eradication program

Ehh I've watched people in the last year go from being full on supporters of AWB's and gun control to being full on NFA and ATF abolitionists. Some of these people are now Libertarians others are writing their representatives and senators on the regular stating their new found opinions on the ineffective nature of gun control. Will it make a difference? I don't know and likely it won't. But the less people in favor of heavy handed gun control the better.

I agree with @Koda sentiment that it would be foolish to suddenly dismiss these new gun owners. Of course I think some people like that "Us vs Them" mentality on both sides of the political aisle. I imagine a lot of people here wouldn't have much to post about, or know what to do with their time, if gun control was no longer on the table.
Attitudes are shifting. Long term is important. The idiotic laws we suffer under today are a result of others' long term efforts.

Allies? Not in my book, made it this far...

Kane said he voted for Joe Biden in 2020 and is in favor of the President's plan to expand gun background checks, but he doesn't approve of banning AR-15s, which he said have less recoil than a shotgun and are safer to use for home defense.
"That's the only thing I don't support," Kane said of a so-called assault weapons ban. "I agree with the spirit of what [Democrats] are trying to do. I just think there needs to be a fact-based solution."

Nothing more needs to be said or known as far as I'm concerned.
Ditto , if anyone votes for the left they aren't on my side. Firearms owners who vote for democrats and leftists are clearly voting against their own interests .

58a5affe6e_Change-My-Mind-1440x720.jpg

Yeah by all means they vote for the guy who wants to take your rights away .... sure makes lots of sense to me :s0037:
n true but only to a gun rights voter. Not everyone is a single issue voter like that, and the majority probably never will be. If gun rights refuses to accept and strategize around that then weve already lost. If we want to win gun rights needs to become a bipartisan issue.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top