JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW, Isee you are in Sandpoint. I spent time up there and in Clark Fork after coming back from a trip from Bitterroot Valley and Glacier NP. I am so envious of you and fell in love with beauty of Pend d'Oreille.

Sadly I still spend most of my time in heart of the west side of WA still. My wife and I just purchased some land in the area so I updated my profile as THAT is where I'd rather be at any given time. My heart and ideals more align with this area.

I grew up and have lived most of my life in Western WA, I haven't changed, but it has decidedly moved to the left and left me behind. That's fine, as much as I think this area is beautiful and fairly unmatched with it's moderate weather , there are plenty of places that are very beautiful and I don't need to feel like I am an enemy in my own country, I look forward to making my move permanent, but we're a few years out from that.

I'm So close to moving out of this filthy, tax ridden, anti American state they call Washington. If any of these new gun laws pass, let alone the proposed mileage driving tax.....im selling my home on 20 acres and moving. The ONLY good thing here in wa state is that I make great money....but screw it, I'd rather be poor and free than living fat and a American slave to the west coast.

I'm a combat us army veteran, served 5 1/2 years active duty and 3 in the Washington state national guard and THEY wanna make my AR 15s and precision rifles "illegal"......phuk that! Communist jay inslee, thank you.

In the pictures of my rifles below...
There really ain't no difference in the general sense....both are just rifles , both were designed to accurately place a projectile on a target.
One is a flintlock...one is a Semi-Auto rifle...again both just rifles.
Neither one should be subjected to special rules , terms / names or restrictions.

Even with all the specific differences , both are still just rifles.
And both should able to be owned by those American citizens who wish to do so...all without undo fuss and government interference.

To place restrictions on one...paves the way to place restrictions on them all.
To place restrictions or dare I say Infringements on law abiding Americans , who have done no wrong is an insult to all law abiding Americans.
I say insult because a law , restriction , regulation , ban , etc....that is forced upon me , due to the actions of others , when I have done no wrong or committed no crime...
Means that I and other law abiding Americans are not trusted with our Rights , by those who suggest and make such a ruling...
Therefore those who suggest and pass such rulings , are insulting me...by saying that they don't trust me and others like me.

We are often told to not judge a whole group by the actions of a few....
Yet gun owners as a whole , are often held accountable for the misdeeds , mistakes , or crimes of others.
These misdeeds , mistakes and crimes are not our fault...the vast majority of gun owners had nothing to do with them.
But...
the vast majority of gun owners are made to "pay the price" and judged for actions others ,others who are beyond their control.

One last thought on this long ramble...
If one Right is mucked about with , so much , so as to be made useless....What will keep that from happening to the others...?
Andy

Look no difference...just two rifles :
View attachment 649824

View attachment 649825
:s0151::s0151:WOW !! That was great Andy !! One of the best articles on pro 2A Ive seen in a while ! Thank you !

I'm So close to moving out of this filthy, tax ridden, anti American state they call Washington. If any of these new gun laws pass, let alone the proposed mileage driving tax.....im selling my home on 20 acres and moving. The ONLY good thing here in wa state is that I make great money....but screw it, I'd rather be poor and free than living fat and a American slave to the west coast.

FYI if you are considering leaving be aware there is currently a ridiculous bill in state senate proposing a real estate tax to support the Salmon.

They literally say the Salmon represent a 4th branch of government! I'm not making this crap up.

Now the hilarious part is you have to actually read the bill that's supposed to raise money "for the salmon" 75% of the money raised by the tax goes into the general fund!

2 percent to a public works assistance account
4.1 percent to an education legacy trust account
1.6 percent to a city-county assistance account
16.7 percent to the motor vehicle fund
75.4 percent to the general fund — where it can be spent on whatever the Legislature wants

IIRC, there is another rally on the steps of Oly comming up. We need to up the bar that was just set in VA....and keep pushing the numbers up.

Take the day off everyone. We really need to focus our efforts.

Well, im not willing to give up yet. We got close to 200k signitures in 9 weeks to get I-1064 on the ballot.

We can definitely get it next time when we have the full 6 months.

I haven't given up. Pushing a millstone uphill is frustrating to say the least.

But lets review the latest state of proposed gun laws in WA:

The elected proponents of said laws control all branches of WA government.

The executive branch (Inslee) and the quasi-judicial branch (Ferguson) are rabidly over-the-top anti-gun.

The so-called news media, not much to add there.

Mike Bloomberg is a hero from another planet.

President Trump is the anti-Christ.

More time to gather signatures may get us more, it also gives the antis more time. At best it's a wash.

We'll see how it falls out this year I guess. Hope I'm wrong on every count.

Voter turn out is what, 30%? In a completely absentee ballot state where you don't even have to pay for postage.

People complain about the fact King/Pierce and Snohomish county voters control the state, well they wouldn't of the rest actually voted.

People won't care until they wake up one day a felon because of Grandpa's Garand.

Not sure how we fight that level of apathy.

Voter turnout is readily available on the WA Secretary of State's website.

This is an area a person needs to be careful about getting what they are asking for and wishing they didn't: if a message turns one person on and turns two others off, that's not good. That's why sometimes having no message is a better choice. This is especially important to keep in mind when the messenger is the news media.

Sadly I still spend most of my time in heart of the west side of WA still. My wife and I just purchased some land in the area so I updated my profile as THAT is where I'd rather be at any given time. My heart and ideals more align with this area.

I grew up and have lived most of my life in Western WA, I haven't changed, but it has decidedly moved to the left and left me behind. That's fine, as much as I think this area is beautiful and fairly unmatched with it's moderate weather , there are plenty of places that are very beautiful and I don't need to feel like I am an enemy in my own country, I look forward to making my move permanent, but we're a few years out from that.
I grew up in Western Oregon, myself. THere is not a day that goes by that I don't miss the Cascades. To be honest, I don't really like Tennessee for many other reasons than politics and gun rights. Tennessee has been loosening up their gun laws , whereas the Northwest is turning owning a gun for self-defense as a criminal offense while they are pampering and coddling illegals, drug addicts, homeless and finding ways to let dangerous criminals out of prison to appease the bleeding hearts. Well, it isn't just the Northwest that is going down the pit, just look at Virginia.

There is now a new movement for Virginia, outside of DC metro to secede from the state of Virginia and join up with West VIrginia. THere is some funny legal documentation with the state of Virginia that actually coudl make it a possibility. My historical facts could be seriously wrong here, but there is something in Virginia's constitution about how West Virginia broke apart with Virginia over a dispute in the Civil War with joinng the Union or COnfederacy. Supposedly, West Virginia can allow for Virginia or parts of it to unify with the other Virginia. Sadly, like with Washington and Oregon, one super liberal city control by fascist minded Democrats pretty much dictates the politics for the whole state. Basically, suburban DC controls all of Virginia, but 91 out of 95 counties have now classified themselves as Second Amendment sanctuaries. Unfortunately , for rural Washington and Oregon, most people just don't vote, they want to hide away from society and forget anything is happening in their small little mountain towns. Spokane, Tri-Cities, Pullman, etc just don't have enough population to make a significant impact. Even Spokane voted blue and in favor of gun control restrictions to my surprise in the last elections. And, they don't have the sizable population that Virginia has to rebel against those evil totalitarian city/states. Even the state of New York is pretty much enslaved by New York City. If NYC broke awy from NY it actually could even be considered a red state. If Nashville and Memphis proper controlled all of Tennessee, TN would also be a blue, anti-gun state. Just how it rolls.

It breaks my heart, because once upon a time Oregon and Washington were very freedom loving, open-minded, Libertarian like states where personal freedoms were respected and the government mostly was suppose to mind its own business. Now, the commies from Big cities in California and East Coast need to fix everything and punish all the people who don't live up to their ideals of a totalitarian, nanny-state government.

Idaho is probably one of the last bastions of freedom in the West Coast, but hordes of libreals are moving to Boise and even NOrth Idaho, so you have to be wary as well. I remember when I lived in Boise I got in a shouting match with some libtard from San Francisco who was screaming bloody murder how anyone who owned an AR-15 needs to be put into a mental institution and how only police should own guns. I told him if he feel so unsafe about people owning AR-15s and people carrying guns for self- defense he should get the hell out of Idaho, NOW, and go back to Bay Area where he could be safe. He then starts saying how Idaho is rural and its not the same here.BLAH BLAH.. I told him that the only people who need to be put into a mental institution are people like him who turn everyplace they move to into a craphole like where they came from.

Last Edited:
Exactly right, again, consider who the messenger is, they are not our friends.
Ironically, in most Southern states, including Tennessee, I believe, it is actually illegal to carry your gun on any type of government property, especially the Capital. I am not supportive of such laws ,because it infringes our 2nd Amendment rights. But, I guess it takes out the equation of carrying guns on the capital to prove a point. Ironically, Virginia is still one of the Southern states that allow this, but I am sure not for long with Klansman Northam on the throne of DC South (formerly known as Virginia).

Open carrying at the capital is the wrong message.

Yes its your right, but we need to win friends, not solidify enemies.
This topic was argued extensively in the lead up to the VA. rally. My opinion, after the fact, is that there is room for everybody. Open carry, concealed carry, no carry, camo, business dress, whatever. As long as everyone does their best to stay classy, its all good. Just my opinion.

I will say, the amount of weaponry that was present in VA. and the fact that everyone was peaceful and no one was harmed does send a message.

The media is not our friend. They reported the VA. Rally was going to be a white extremist rally. Many still claim that's what it was. They will do their best to portray us negatively regardless of what we do. Thankfully, more people are seeing through the BS everyday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top