JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The VA rally worked out and I breathed a sigh of relief and felt pride at the turnout. However, the fight in the state capitols won't be won by rallies or emailing or anything like that. If Bob Ferguson was a legislator, there is nothing anyone could say that would change his mind because his thought processes are based on prejudice. There are many mini-Bobs in our legislature. Communicating with them is an exercise in pissing into the wind.

But that doesn't mean the fight is over. There are two rich battlefields right now: 1) next election cycle and 2) litigation. To win on #1, we need to figure out ways to turn out the vote in freedom loving counties, on the lowdown so King County doesn't do the same. I don't have any idea how to make that work but someone surely does.

To win #2 we have all the tools we need -- there are plenty of litigious pro-gun groups wanting to fight. The problem is that it takes money - ridiculous sums of money. Which brings me back to rallies -- instead of putting $50 in gas in your vehicle and $10 of McDs in your gut to do something which might feel good but won't change a single vote in the legislature, send $60 to SAF, GOA, or FPC -- donate to SportingSystem's lawsuit or some other group actively engaged in litigation. Litigation is where it is at right now.

I used to agree that the optics of open carry despite my belief it should be legally allowed, did more harm than good. However, what I've come to realize, especially post Virginia, is that it actually serves a purpose in shutting down the Left's narratives around guns.

Look at the media that was absolutely sure there was going to be violence. The governor declared a state of emergency to ban guns on Capitol grounds! The media's estimates placed the number of people at 25,000 I wouldn't be surprised if there was double that many there.

And look what happened! No violence, it was left cleaner than it was before the rally AND proved the point that guns are merely inanimate objects, it's the person wielding them.

We are talking separate issues, I'm not talking about convincing people to come over to our side, I'm talking about people that already are on our side actually filling out their damn ballot!

Even without a shot fired, they have no trouble claiming it was violent and ironically, that the people who don't want to take guns away are the Nazis: Virginia NOW

I know, we unfortunately can't control the media and they will label us all supremacists or whatever no matter what, but we at least have the facts on our side: no arrests (well one for a person covering their face, funny they decide to enforce that at a 2nd amendment rally but don't touch Antifa).

This.

How though?

I don't have an easy answer, other than being sure all your friends/acquaintances that are like minded are voting. I'm sure we all know folks that think like we do on many of these issues but we have to face the facts I-1639 despite it being an illegal initiative, was passed by the voters something like 60-40 in WA.

Now, if more people had turned out in the rural areas, would it have still passed as others have mentioned there just not being enough people in the rural areas to counter seattle? I don't know. I'm sure it would have been a hell of a lot closer though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top