JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Over the last year or so, the police have been scrutinized quite a bit over use of force. Some of the examples were unnecessarily shooting dogs. I've seen several tragic videos on youtube, and read one particularly disturbing story of a cop going into a locked back yard while looking for a lost child, where he shot dead the owners weimaraner that was just doing its job protecting his yard. The "lost child" was at home the whole time... asleep upstairs in a corner mom hadn't thought to look in.
Today I was driving into Longview just in time to see an officer jump out of his car, followed by several more rushing in guns drawn on a guy that was running from them. The "suspect" had a large dog, off leash, that appeared to be a lab/pit mix.... and it was obviously distraught over his owner getting yelled at by a bunch of scary men with guns, coming out of loud cars with flashing lights... it was running around in circles in the middle of the street barking, and at one point it charged an officer and put its front paws on his chest. The officer, gun drawn, would have been well within his rights to shoot the dog in self defense, but instead he reached out with his left hand and grabbed the dogs collar, barely taking his eyes or his gun off the suspect. The dog immediately sat down and turned towards his owner. Another officer ran over with a makeshift leash and put the dog in the back of his patrol car.
This all happened right outside my window in the opposite lane. I had pulled over when I saw flashing lights coming towards me(as per the law) so I had a great view.
Not sure what the guy did, but he was being chased by a security guard, and a group of 4-5 teenaged boys before the cops caught up and pulled thier guns. The boys saw the guns drawn and took of running across the street in front of me and disappeared. Eventually the guy got pinned to the asphalt by a few of Longviews finest, and then pulled into a parking lot across the street where I couldn't see, but I could hear him hollering.
I was very impressed with how the officers handled the situation. It could have easily gone a different way, with either the dog or the dude shot in the street, and it would have been justified.
The whole scene played out in seconds, and there was no time for them to think before reacting.
RESPECT!:s0155:

Last Edited:
Sometimes it happens, but I feel like it usually doesn't... WE WON'T HEAR ABOUT THIS ON THE NEWS TONIGHT, probably.
Good for them resolving the issue peacefully. I hope the dog goes to a good home and the crook gets what's coming to him.
Honestly, I'd have shot the dog after the first snap at me.

Over the last year or so, the police have been scrutinized quite a bit over use of force. Some of the examples were unnecessarily shooting dogs. I've seen several tragic videos on youtube, and read one particularly disturbing story of a cop going into a locked back yard while looking for a lost child, where he shot dead the owners weimaraner that was just doing its job protecting his yard. The "lost child" was at home the whole time... asleep upstairs in a corner mom hadn't thought to look in.
Today I was driving into Longview just in time to see an officer jump out of his car, followed by several more rushing in guns drawn on a guy that was running from them. The "suspect" had a large dog, off leash, that appeared to be a lab/pit mix.... and it was obviously distraught over his owner getting yelled at by a bunch of scary men with guns, coming out of loud cars with flashing lights... it was running around in circles in the middle of the street barking, and at one point it charged an officer and put its front paws on his chest. The officer, gun drawn, would have been well within his rights to shoot the dog in self defense, but instead he reached out with his left hand and grabbed the dogs collar, barely taking his eyes or his gun off the suspect. The dog immediately sat down and turned towards his owner. Another officer ran over with a makeshift leash and put the dog in the back of his patrol car.
This all happened right outside my window in the opposite lane. I had pulled over when I saw flashing lights coming towards me(as per the law) so I had a great view.
Not sure what the guy did, but he was being chased by a security guard, and a group of 4-5 teenaged boys before the cops caught up and pulled thier guns. The boys saw the guns drawn and took of running across the street in front of me and disappeared. Eventually the guy got pinned to the asphalt by a few of Longviews finest, and then pulled into a parking lot across the street where I couldn't see, but I could hear him hollering.
I was very impressed with how the officers handled the situation. It could have easily gone a different way, with either the dog or the dude shot in the street, and it would have been justified.
The whole scene played out in seconds, and there was no time for them to think before reacting.
RESPECT!:s0155:
I think the officers all deserve a pay raise. They did good.

The thing is police interact with people a million times a day, a lot of those interactions turn into an altercation or arrest.

We hear about probably less than 1% of them that the MSM can boost their ratings on to make LEOs look bad and have liberals or racists (from the left) use as a tool to push their narrative.

Not F the police, F the media

There are thousands of LEO's that go out everyday and put there life on the line and do it right! These guys don't get enough recognition.

I'm really tired of the media portraying them as all bad! :mad:

Decades ago I witnessed from across the street, a hot pursuit of some guy who pulled his pickup into a parking lot, make a couple of wide doughnuts spinning gravel & flinging dust near & far. The cops parked their cars in front of the curb cut-out & converged on driver, who had exited his vehicle. Couldn't hear the words, but he was quite agitated, stomping about waving his arms & giving some kind of lecture. He definitely did NOT make any personal contact or threatening gesture.

After about 5 minutes of this theater, everybody got back into their rigs and drove off. Never read about this in local newspaper. Wonder whether today some form of custodial interaction would have followed.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews