JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watch
Cigarinternational.com in joes daily deals for cheap stuff with free shipping on your whole order and add a sampler with variety in it.

or

Cigar.com Daily deal and it's the same thing.

I buy 95% of my stuff from CI.

I was 99% sure that the conference call I just had was a permanent lay off so I decided to grab something good.

grabbed a Montecristo White Limited.

Got 5 in an order either by accident or as a bonus (I think accident) and they are most likely my favorite mellow morning cigar - too spendy for me to buy more but they are dang good.

Excellent construction burn ash etc.

Multi layered flavors that are very pleasant.

Good occasion cigar or daily morning if you can afford them.
309C6092-8AD6-4D4B-85D6-DEA910C38DE8.jpeg C4E285D2-2019-4832-AD55-0B4D920455C1.jpeg

Rocky Patel short run for me today. Nice cigar. smooth, earthy, oily on the lips. Medium bodied. Nice relaxing cigar.

Also had 1/2 a man o war virtue today which was only days after delivery but I was impatient. Big mistake smoking it early (which I kinda expected and that's why I cut the long Churchill in half before lighting). Harsh and horrible. I'll revisit that one in a month and it should taste "normal" (whatever normal is for that cigar).
836E9829-B341-449D-A25F-070739E2778F.jpeg

Last Edited:
WOOHOO just found this thread. thank you for creating this. I need to get my cigar game back. so far my limited experiences have lead me to Romeo Y Julieta, Cohiba, Monte Cristo #9, and Acid. I enjoy a Churchill when on the course.

Well it's just been a long day of chores broken up by good cigars today.

I figured I'd celebrate my temp lay off to no job to go back too with some nice cigars.

Had a Nica Libre, Acid Kuba Kuba and ending it with a RP 1990.

Tomorrows a new day and another chance to find a better job in Vancouver or at least SW WA. I've been looking this whole time but had the possibility of a job waiting when things opened up. So I'll just double up on the time I search every day.

Today was a day to enjoy the sun and cigars though.:D

Any of those on here in the Salem area know of a good local shop?

Not against local shops at all but you're gonna pay a LOT more then any online retailer.

Im a fan of ordering a nice variety sampler. Almost always cheaper then a box and you can end up with a nice variety of cigars for 1/4 of a brick and mortar shop.

Last shop I was in I paid $7 for their house blend (cheapest). Online I almost never pay more then $2, 3 tops usually.

Not against local shops at all but you're gonna pay a LOT more then any online retailer.

Im a fan of ordering a nice variety sampler. Almost always cheaper then a box and you can end up with a nice variety of cigars for 1/4 of a brick and mortar shop.

Last shop I was in I paid $7 for their house blend (cheapest). Online I almost never pay more then $2, 3 tops usually.
I under stand that online much better price. I need to get a humidor and fast would be local shop. Just looking for a small one. When i return to work i can get a big boy one. just on paternity leave

I under stand that online much better price. I need to get a humidor and fast would be local shop. Just looking for a small one. When i return to work i can get a big boy one. just on paternity leave

Snapware with a seal and latch or similar with a Bovida pack will work just as well as a cheap humidor;)

Look at Tupperware humidors on YouTube.

The only down side is they aren't as pretty but they do have a far superior seal.

Snapware with a seal and latch or similar with a Bovida pack will work just as well as a cheap humidor;)

Look at Tupperware humidors on YouTube.

The only down side is they aren't as pretty but they do have a far superior seal.
I agree with Joe for storage u can just use airtight bin until u find the bigger humidor u really like. Fe they have these in various sizes at target. This size is only $7 and they work excellent.
For humidity the boveda packs work or just use gel beads in a little cup and cigar juice (distilled water/propelene glycol mix). U can buy just the beads for very cheap or buy the beads in a little plastic cup (various brands) for more $. 2-4 oz cup is just right for medium humidor. Add more cups for larger humidor if needed.

Amazon.com: JellyBeadZ Brand Generic Cigar Caddy, Crystal Clear Hydration Expanding Water beads 8 Ounce Package: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
Examples of the same gel beads/crystals in a plastic container.
E48B278D-A9F1-49B6-AD96-DAAA4FF2E7CE.jpeg
746DCFB1-7C88-495F-842F-816F4D8D1947.jpeg
A tiny bit of the beads without water will fill the entire cup after it absorbs water/cigar juice. 54D4203E-78A8-4782-B511-864DA0DB0C13.jpeg

Last Edited:
Probably my one cigar today and in the spirit of pairing down my stock of 5 or less inventory I grabbed a RP Fifteenth Anniversary for the first time.

Pretty good for a Habano wrapper, slightly spiced but not too hot and I do enjoy the very long sweetness on the finish, balances it out well. Fairly full bodied.

Can't say I'd spend $220 on a box but wouldn't cry if they came in a sampler I wanted it a 5 pack was on a daily deal.

1135C793-14EA-4EAF-9873-668EF04B8615.jpeg

Hi. My names Joe and I'm an addict:oops:

Ordered a bundle of:
Olivia Serie V Melanio 2nds
Last night with free shipping
Very good cigar for only $3 each

and then got a Thomson 15% off plus free shipping and pulled the trigger on a box of the Gurkha G3's this morning.
These are staying in the box at the bottom of the humidor and will only be special occasion cigars.
Still not a bad deal at $4 each but twice as much as I prefer to spend.

I got a week and a half to smoke up some room lol. (I think I already have the room just need to move a couple things around)

Oliva Serie G this morning.

a little more pepper then I prefer and no sweetness but a well constructed and good flavored cigar regardless. Last one I had so I'm still trying to smoke up the one offs.

I feel like I have a pretty good handle on what I like and am looking to get it down to my top 10-12 and then have the singles from the cigar of the month clubs the wife got me the last 3 months. Those should last me till the end of the year and then I might ask for another 3 month subscription as it's nice to get a surprise every month with different stuff then I might grab myself.
CA8C9956-C71E-45EE-A982-3B4EC8A183A2.jpeg

Wanted something chocolatey and whittle down my singles so I grabbed this Gurkha Doble Maduro (yes that is spelled correctly lol).

7x60 stick that is a monster. This pic is 30 minutes into it so I got aways to go... maybe should have looked for a Robusto so I can get more of my list done today.

This ones been sitting awhile and is super smooth and medium bodied with a Maduro binder and wrapper. Good smoke for most tastes I would wager.

Ash held another half inch and no relights or touch ups needed. Copious amounts of smoke:D

It irks me that some of Gurkhas stuff is very well constructed and others are complete bubblegum.

AABFDC4A-7F21-428A-918E-1416900C0E49.jpeg

Oliva Serie V Maduro

Nice fat robusto size for a rainy evening.

Im really curious if the 2nds VM is for Serie V Maduro or Meliano. I have 2 of the Meliano's I haven't tried yet but am looking forward to it.
A8318D94-5CF0-4501-ACBB-DE451E871EB2.jpeg

If they are the Meliano then I'll have scored big. If it's just the V Maduro I'll still have gotten them dang cheap and I won't be disappointed if it tastes like this one does.:cool:

Tried a cohiba black today. Only a week in humidor but aroma made me too curious so had to try one. Mild in body, almost a mild-medium in 2nd third.

First of all this appears to be a dyed wrapper, which I don't like at all. It's almost like it's been varnished (see 1st and 3rd pics). On this this "fresh" cigar the aroma and flavors are all very muted (aroma picked up in 2nd third though). Mild barnyard, hay. So far it Reminds me somewhat of a Macanudo maduro (in the first third of larger ring gauge size) except it has more of a chemical-type leather taste that hangs around a while. I hate to say it but the aftertaste kinda reminds me of motor oil. Need to add a new flavor to the flavor wheel, "oiled leather overcoat" (kidding!).

I may be biased cuz I just smoked a wonderful mild cigar yesterday that has a lot of subtle flavors and transitions (macanudo gold) so this one today is leaving me a bit underwhelmed. I do like the barnyard and chocolate aroma though which is increasing now in 2nd third. 6.8/10 score for me but will re-evaluate once they have more humidor time. I recall smoking a "fresh" cohiba connecticut and being disappointed but then that same cigar after a month was really good so that may be the case with this one also. But on the other hand the cohiba puro dominicana last week had 2+ months and it was lifeless and nearly flavorless to me so we'll see.
1090FA04-17DF-4768-8D18-5BE08BD6527A.jpeg 8E4780B8-8B53-4CFE-BFCA-3C1660A3970D.jpeg Lighter touch up burned off the varnish to show actual wrapper color underneath
1BAFE4B4-EBE7-4AA7-A4B7-1189AC0F78A9.jpeg

Last Edited:
Im very new to this cigar/bourbon way, but find im really liking the combo, i started the whiskey "journey" off and on the last year or so. Cigars only for a couple weeks to relax on occasion.

Not the best combo ive trued so far (early times and alex bradley connecticut robusto)

This one would have went better i think with some elijah Craig small batch.

I dabbled around on cigar bid and purchased a 5 pack of cohiba red dot (not remembering if theyre churchill or robusto at this moment) for about $18 shipped.

I think it will just take some time, but im not quite sure how some can pull flavor notes from cigars. I get mild/full, and the occasional spice note, but that's about it.

20200613_212905.jpg

Im very new to this cigar/bourbon way, but find im really liking the combo, i started the whiskey "journey" off and on the last year or so. Cigars only for a couple weeks to relax on occasion.

Not the best combo ive trued so far (early times and alex bradley connecticut robusto)

This one would have went better i think with some elijah Craig small batch.

I dabbled around on cigar bid and purchased a 5 pack of cohiba red dot (not remembering if theyre churchill or robusto at this moment) for about $18 shipped.

I think it will just take some time, but im not quite sure how some can pull flavor notes from cigars. I get mild/full, and the occasional spice note, but that's about it.

View attachment 710426

Look up retro haling, blowing some smoke out if your nose occasionally will bring out a lot of those flavors.

Also the more variety of cigars your exposed too will also start to narrow down notes.

Some folks like flavor wheels which can be found on Amazon etc.

Watch a good amount of YouTube videos, there are things as simple as how you light your cigar that will effect the rest of the experience possibly.

Welcome to the club;):cool:

Look up retro haling, blowing some smoke out if your nose occasionally will bring out a lot of those flavors.

Also the more variety of cigars your exposed too will also start to narrow down notes.

Some folks like flavor wheels which can be found on Amazon etc.

Watch a good amount of YouTube videos, there are things as simple as how you light your cigar that will effect the rest of the experience possibly.

Welcome to the club;):cool:

I have noticed retrohaling helps some. I have that ability through past endeavors...lol

I havent settled on which youtube channels that i like yet. Cigars daily is rather....very excited and almost tiring to listen to.
I purchased a cheap acrylic "humidor" using biveda packs until i decide on a wood humidor (sizewise and quality) when i decide to jump all the way in.

I have noticed retrohaling helps some. I have that ability through past endeavors...lol

I havent settled on which youtube channels that i like yet. Cigars daily is rather....very excited and almost tiring to listen to.
I purchased a cheap acrylic "humidor" using biveda packs until i decide on a wood humidor (sizewise and quality) when i decide to jump all the way in.

Cigar Obsession is a good channel and website - totally get the hyperTim thing.

There are a lot out there.

I would skip the wood humidor if you find you are interested in the hobby. I out grew mine in a month.

Ended up with a NewAir cc-300 and still have overflow - but I'm working on that:D
2AC33F65-377D-4196-B10B-DE127E644F47.jpeg 798EC3A6-E426-4DF4-8232-15A46FA4E543.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top