JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone experimented with sturdy, compact collapsible loading benches that can be conveniently set up in the house and taken down for storage? I have a Hornady LNL progressive press, usually load .38 spl, some .357 mag and will try to get into .30 '06 for the Garands. Dunno whether the bottleneck rounds require a sturdier bench.

Need to know more about what you after.
I've used the Lee tripod affair, and it works perfectly. About the most collapsible thing you'll find, just not much for a bench...
Do you want to have to bolt and un-bolt your press every time you load? If so how much bench do you really need?

B&D Workmate folded.jpg B&D Workmate set up.jpg Husky.jpg Keeter Collapsed.jpg Keeter table set up.jpg

I can deal with the bolting and unbolting, maybe quick release. A suggestion for the Black and Decker Workmate 225 led me to the work site portable benches which look interesting. Some have clamp features that may be either useful or get in the way. Need to check at a store.

B&D Workmate folded.jpg

B&D Workmate set up.jpg

Husky.jpg

Keeter Collapsed.jpg

Keeter table set up.jpg

I am currently building one on a workmate. I am mounting an inline fabrication flush mount quick release plate for quick removal of the press. Also going to attach a clear plexiglass wind shield for the scale as I intend to use mine at the range. I will send you pictures once I complete it. It will look similar to this but the wooden top will be removable as well.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2007/08/portable-shooting-bench-free-plans/

Yep, they make plates for just about any press out there. If they don't have the one you want, they will make it if you give them measurements. I currently have a LNL AP on one and it works great.

0607141948a.jpg

Those plastic workmate benches are pretty awesome, I have a couple I take with me out to the desert, but I don't use them for reloading benches. My suggestion in any case would be to get a plate of steel or aluminum, and drill/tap the metal so it matches the bolt pattern, then make this so it can bolt to a wood table top you can clamp on that workmate bench. Generally speaking what really screws up tables with presses bolted to them is when the force isn't spread out.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top