JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bentley had had some recent stuck accelerator recalls but not for that model they say.

woopsie!
I did see an old timer in a Caddy fall asleep on hwy 26 adjacent to Sportsman's Warehouse. He nodded off then rode up the embankment. The scrubs slowed him down and no one was hurt. Unless it was a heart attack :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I wonder if it was suicide?
Could be, but in their early 50's, owning 8 lumber yards and two kids it seems unlikely. Obviously financial trouble and high life insurance policy limits could give that theory legs, but seems more likely a little booze and too much car. YouTube has tons of vids of fools hitting the gas in their new Mustangs and Chargers with 600hp engines and it not turning out well for car or driver. Heck, the week before last someone drove their Astin Martin into a building on NE Grand at 3:00 a.m. and that's just a straight road with no reason to turn and middle of the night traffic.

What the UK press reports:

Could be, but in their early 50's, owning 8 lumber yards and two kids it seems unlikely. Obviously financial trouble and high life insurance policy limits could give that theory legs, but seems more likely a little booze and too much car. YouTube has tons of vids of fools hitting the gas in their new Mustangs and Chargers with 600hp engines and it not turning out well for car or driver. Heck, the week before last someone drove their Astin Martin into a building on NE Grand at 3:00 a.m. and that's just a straight road with no reason to turn and middle of the night traffic.

What the UK press reports:
Probably not suicide.
Ive heard that people who buy exotic muscle cars often crash them in the first 30 days since they are not used to that much raw power.
or, your article suggests it was a mechanical failure causing acceleration.

sad accident, what a random odd way to go.

So a $200k Bentley does not have collision detection and other safety features? I rented a Subaru Legacy from the airport and it eyesight feature so it would slow down if I was following too close.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top