JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will say looking down the barrel the rifling is……less than aggressive. But I didn't expect a whole lot going into this.

Haha! You know…….if this thing lets me down you'll never hear the end of it!

:D
As long as you go into it with an open mind, and not expect a 22 to be perfect (because they aren't), I think you might actually enjoy it.

If you get a dud, let me know what you want for it when you call it!

As long as you go into it with an open mind, and not expect a 22 to be perfect (because they aren't), I think you might actually enjoy it.

If you get a dud, let me know what you want for it when you call it!
Honestly @Reno I really do want to like it. I've been looking at .22lr pistols for training new shooters for quite some time. The red dot mount was pretty much a must. And we drove from Forest Grove to Lincoln City to Salem to buy it so there's that!

:D

I really wanted to like the TX-22. It's now living out it's days with @Reno. Lol
I've actually been shooting yours more lately as I've been too lazy/busy to take apart the 50k+ ones frame after the slide stop and trigger have been having issues due to the shear amount of crud built up inside it.

Ready for the range:

36CD9816-B968-4932-8CBC-0986EADF5E4C.jpeg

I lied. I'm outta loctite, so I'll have to remount it in the parking lot. :D

And typical Taurus quality, the adapter plate just kinda "floats" under the optic with the screws tight. A few thousands off I would guess. At least it's solid with the two screws and sitting on the front plate mount screw (the one that holds the mount plate to the barrel. )

Last Edited:
Range report:

150 rounds fired. No mag issues or anything. A couple of FTEs but that's expected. Pretty darn accurate with the Burris FF3. I was using Federal 38grain bulk. Seemed to have a flyer every mag or so even from a rest but otherwise it ran well. I dislike the trigger, too much take up and a little gritty. But usable. Weird how I could shoot a mag and cover it with a nickel except for the one flyer. It didnt happen every mag, but out of 150 rounds I'd say 6 flyers.

Overall I'd give it a C+ or a B. It's a keeper though. I really enjoyed shooting it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top