JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Waiting for BGC and looking at threads here. I was convinced I needed one after shooting a friends just once. I'm okay with 10 rnds for the most part in 22 pistol. That's all I've ever had.

I'll have to see what comes in the box these days; I'd be quite pleased if it came with thread adapter but didn't ask. For $299 in current supplies I wouldn't be disappointed either, if it's not including original package perks.

So if you have read it this far and not already said this guy is full of hot air! I give you my conclusions. This pistol is a winner! This pistol will likely surprise the hardest critic.
Thank you for keeping this up…. I know I'm late to the game on a lot of platforms but I'm okay with that. Soooo…60,000 now (or as of 2022)? I'm even more excited.

Were you satisfied with aftermarket recoil spring? Web page looks dead now.

One rim fire I find cheap these days is Armscor but I stay far away from it after poor performance in bolt .22lr and bolt .22 mag rifles. But if I can run it in semi auto pistol (TX22) I may give it another chance.

Have you ran Armscor through in your "testing"?

Anyway thx @Reno for your thread.

Waiting for BGC and looking at threads here. I was convinced I needed one after shooting a friends just once. I'm okay with 10 rnds for the most part in 22 pistol. That's all I've ever had.
The mags have the little plastic doohickey that you can use to pull down the follower to make loading easier. The channel cut for it on the 10 rounders stops about halfway down the mag.

All you have to do is pop the doohickey out and voila - you can now load 'em full.

The mags have the little plastic doohickey that you can use to pull down the follower to make loading easier. The channel cut for it on the 10 rounders stops about halfway down the mag.

All you have to do is pop the doohickey out and voila - you can now load 'em full.
Thank you, thank you….

I'll have to see what comes in the box these days; I'd be quite pleased if it came with thread adapter but didn't ask. For $299 in current supplies I wouldn't be disappointed either, if it's not including original package perks.

Thank you for keeping this up…. I know I'm late to the game on a lot of platforms but I'm okay with that. Soooo…60,000 now (or as of 2022)? I'm even more excited.

Were you satisfied with aftermarket recoil spring? Web page looks dead now.

One rim fire I find cheap these days is Armscor but I stay far away from it after poor performance in bolt .22lr and bolt .22 mag rifles. But if I can run it in semi auto pistol (TX22) I may give it another chance.

Have you ran Armscor through in your "testing"?

Anyway thx @Reno for your thread.
I've got the spring in both of mine and I can report that they are well worth the upgrade. Here is an updated link. Scared me thinking lakeline went out of business!

Ive shot armscor. On a scale, it's low on reliability, but it won't stop me from buying it if it's cheap.

I haven't been shooting the TX22s as of late. That should change once the weather gets a bit better. Life dealt me some woes so I've been sticking to ranges where there is a fire, that and shooting in general as a hobby has been taking a hit because of said woes.

I've got the spring in both of mine and I can report that they are well worth the upgrade. Here is an updated link. Scared me thinking lakeline went out of business!

Ive shot armscor. On a scale, it's low on reliability, but it won't stop me from buying it if it's cheap.

I haven't been shooting the TX22s as of late. That should change once the weather gets a bit better. Life dealt me some woes so I've been sticking to ranges where there is a fire, that and shooting in general as a hobby has been taking a hit because of said woes.
Thx for reply. Weather should be over soon.

Every time I drive through my outdoor range, past the shotgun skeet/clay area….. I see the giant outdoor fire place. Jealous and inclined to just grab a pump security shotgun and attempt to hit clay, just to be near the fireplace patio.

I've never shot clay…. Range rules allow: 18" barrel, rifle stock and 7.5-8 size shot. I have at least that. I bet I can shoot clay…. Though I doubt I'll impress anyone. But it's gonna be fun and I'm gonna do it eventually.

Thx for reply. Weather should be over soon.

Every time I drive through my outdoor range, past the shotgun skeet/clay area….. I see the giant outdoor fire place. Jealous and inclined to just grab a pump security shotgun and attempt to hit clay, just to be near the fireplace patio.

I've never shot clay…. Range rules allow: 18" barrel, rifle stock and 7.5-8 size shot. I have at least that. I bet I can shoot clay…. Though I doubt I'll impress anyone. But it's gonna be fun and I'm gonna do it eventually.
I usually shoot at Tri County. Mostly at the 100 yard range closest to the fire. Warmth tends to agree with my body ,ore these days.

Anyways. After 60k the one item of concern is the plastic striker assembly. Grit from 22 ammo and all those rounds I've fired have really done a number on it. I'm really hoping someone will eventually make an aluminum or machined version some time soon.

1680365897024.jpeg

Breathing some new air.

Does it count if the frame is still the one with the high round count or does this mean I have to start over?

Also, damn this guy is heavier now. I've shot it in its regular form so much that it was extremely noticeable. It kind of bothered me. I'll get used to it, but damn. I guess I didn't think about it hard enough. Bull barrel, duh! I was just tired of the damn thread adapter and was excited that this had actually incorporated 1/2x28 threads. Never really put thought to the added weight of more barrel.

I don't shoot anything pistol with a red dot so this is going to be a learning curve. I briefly tried doing so on a Mark4 and that lasted all of a week maybe.

I took the rear sight off this one after a few practice runs with a snap cap and I found myself going to the rear sight. After taking off the rear sight it was much more natural to go to the red dot. Some range time is ahead! Time to plink!!!

5E077A18-E304-4819-90ED-354156C3BDF0.jpeg 27AC7071-6922-4C44-BA2F-7DEB890D04FA.jpeg

I really like my competition model. With a Burris FF3 it's really enjoyable to shoot.
Did you do any time behind the plane Jane one? Or any of your other pistols have red dots? Hows the learning curve?

I'm taking this guy out Sunday to burn through a brick or two, but I'm gonna bring the plane Jane too. See if I'm faster with the red dot on the shot clock or the irons. I can point shoot with the plane one with ease from the sheer amount of time I've been behind it.

Did you do any time behind the plane Jane one? Or any of your other pistols have red dots? Hows the learning curve?

I'm taking this guy out Sunday to burn through a brick or two, but I'm gonna bring the plane Jane too. See if I'm faster with the red dot on the shot clock or the irons. I can point shoot with the plane one with ease from the sheer amount of time I've been behind it.
I haven't spent any time with a plain Jane version. I do have two other pistols with dots and yes; there was a learning curve for me. It took some time to pick up the dot quickly but it was definitely worth sticking with.

Nice up G….heavy barrel sounds accurate

I'm going to shoot some 743 fps CCI today….. bolt pistol but I wanna see how quiet.

Looking forward to update.

Notes from todays session.

Though I was wise enough to loctite the red dot to the mount. I should not have trusted Taurus to loctite the mount to the barrel.

Other than that, once I learned to bring the sight picture up a bit lower than normal, this thing is fast! I was much faster on my split times and initial shot time over the regular upper. Shooting fast on a single target is much more consistent. I was able to keep magazines worth of rounds in the A at 15 yards without even sweating. The added weight of the barrel and reduced reciprocating mass of the cut up slide equates to much less felt recoil than the original.

One con was that it didn't feed as well as the original. I had more fail to feeds. I think it is because the original has more slop in the barrel to frame fitment and though it is meant to be fixed, it isn't 100%. This bull barrel is definitely more fixed to the frame. So the slide and feed ramp have to do more work. On full mags I'd get a few blunt bullet punches into the feed ramp and it would seize up. Slap and racks lead to double feeds if I wasn't paying attention. I'm thinking about opening up the feed ramp and polishing it, hoping that aids with this issue. Any others notice that with their competing model?

Also add another 2k to the frame!

Sounds like you are getting the hang of the the red dot. I put a Holosun EPS on my P365 and like it a lot so far. I've since taken it back off as I'm just quite ready for prime time on my EDC full time. I'll get there soon enough.

Sounds like you are getting the hang of the the red dot. I put a Holosun EPS on my P365 and like it a lot so far. I've since taken it back off as I'm just quite ready for prime time on my EDC full time. I'll get there soon enough.
That's a hard one.

I sold off all my center fire handguns. I just don't enjoy plinking with them and I stopped carrying.

If I were to keep carrying, I'd have a hard time wanting a red dot on the gun. I've always sought out small concealed guns. Mostly for comfort. A red dot only adds to its size in a non traditional gun way. IE there wasn't really a time in history, other than single action revolvers which were worn in the hip in a big ole comfy holster, where something protruding upwards from the slide or top of the action. Most conceal holster push the grip in, pivoting on the slide as the fulcrum. Having something sticking out from that fulcrum point would just make it harder to conceal. So comfort gets put into jeopardy by requiring some new form of holster or different pivot points. Possibly even ending up with the red dot getting pushed into you. Doesn't sound fun.

Then there is all the practice I did at close quarters. Point shooting became second nature. Far easier to point shoot at a large target quickly than waste time getting on sights much less a dot. Slide aligns, pull. Likely you'll hit a12-14" width by 14-20" tall target from 5-10 yards lining up the slide. May not be center mass, but in the very rare case your situational awareness fails or you are in an ultra rare absolutely chaotic scene where you absolutely need a gun, the first shot into the target will aid in getting time to get the next aimed shot on target.

Perhaps this new plinker will lead to a full sized duty pistol with a red dot on it. That's about the only interest I have in pistols these days.

Well there is something to be said for point shooting. Full Toddo shot 1/2 a speed steel match in Albany one time. His red dot quit working so he just winged it and he still beat me soundly! 🤣
When I shot the TX-22 at Speed Steel I point shot mostly. Only in the long bays did I have to use the irons.

Are you still shooting there? I might have to start again now that the weather doesn't suck.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top