JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've rolled over on 10 thousand recently, and I've been wanting to post a review on this pistol for a bit.

With the help of 8 more mags added to the fleet, I can get 150 rounds through it before needing to reload now! I usually only load 15 though they do hold 16 each. I do this all by hand using the tabs in the mags. I need a speed loader for it!

Right off the get go, I'll say this pistol is clearly not for everyone. The bold capitalized T A U R U S on each side and the bull logo molded into the grip will definitely not work well with everyone. It might even give those folks herpes or something just for touching it.

With that said. On with my review.

I was able to shoot a club members at Tri County before purchasing my own. Sometime back in October of last year. I liked the full size Glock 17 sized frame and the light but grippy texture to the molded in stippling. The huge sell for me, was the trigger. It's really really good. For a gun I paid $300 for, the trigger is easily something you pay an extra 100-150 dollars for on a regular pistol for.

I reached out to my local friendly dealer in Banks, and had him order me a non safety model.

Fast forward two and a half months and 10-15 bricks of 22lr (estimated to be at or over 10,000 rounds) and I can say this gun is a keeper. Truly a fun pistol to shoot.

Starting with the pistol alone, it's very similar to a Glock, than any current 22 pistol on the market. It takes down like a Glock. It's striker resembles that of a Glock. It has similar striker plunger safety like that of a Glock. It's rear slide cap removes like that of a Glock, which is about where the similarities end.

The slide is mostly aluminum with a steel breech pinned into it for taking the blunt of the force during firing. Behind it is two plastic pieces that sandwich the striker, spring, and safety plunger. Nothing too incredible about the slide, it's got good cocking serrations, and plastic sights that are both held in by screws. The sights are white three dot and are of a combat style, aka you put the front dot on the targets center. There is some wear on the slides internal rails, but overall with the amount of rounds through it, it looks great considering.

The frame is a solid chunk of plastic. You can squeeze hard on it without a magazine in it and it has no flex whatsoever. There are two aluminum inserts placed into the plastic frame. One above the trigger guard that is to lock the barrel into place. Creating a sort of fixed barrel. Then the rear insert which houses the sear, ejector, and safety plunger pieces. The Finger guard is nicely oversized and would allow use with gloves. There are also index groves on both sides for your support hand thumb or your trigger finger to rest in while not booger hooking the trigger. The slide stop is very Glock like in location and function. The mag catch is small, but also very Glock like in location and function. Other not so important features, it has a pic rail for those more tacticool than I that run lasers or lights on their rimfire pistols.

The barrel is made to lock into place on the frame so it is essentially a fixed barrel during use. The barrel is pretty basic. I will go ahead and say that "Glock like" term again as it sounds identical in tone when you flick it or put it in the slide. Anyone who owns a Glock knows this sound. It is threaded for use with an adapter that is included in the box. The adapter is threaded 1/2x28. The bad... The barrel looks like a 2 year old chiseled the rifling on it. It's pretty badly looking. Lots of chatter. It looks a bit better now that I've swaged a bunch of lead through it, but it is still noticeable. It doesn't affect function though. I've heard many online complain about this. Though it appears to only be cosmetic as most who have this noticeable chattering in the rifling, report no issues of it affecting accuracy or function.

The guide rod reminds me of early gen Glocks. Plastic guide, single flat spring. It even breaks just like my early gen Glock guide rods have! See pictures. I have no real idea when the little chunk broke, I noticed it during the last cleaning. It, like my broken glock guiderods, does not affect its function. Maybe someone will make a metal one for it in time. Then I'll consider fixing it. Until then, onward and addition rounds will be fired

But how does it shoot!

It shoots great. At 15 yards, 2-4" groups or smaller, depending entirely on myself. At 7 yards I was able to get 1" or close to 1" groupings.

Though not fast, I ran it once at TCGC speed steel. One stage I had sub 2 second times with it.

Suppressed. Ah yes, suppressed. It's an awesome host. Shooting CCI standard velocity is very nice. Some subsonic Ammo's cycle, though the really slow FPS stuff did not. I'm slightly deaf as it is, so your mileage may be very different in this category. Most guns I think sound great suppressed with certain ammo, I'm almost always told by someone else that it is too loud. To each there own.

Jams... Every semi auto 22 jams. This one is no different. I wouldn't say it's any worse than a 10/22 when it comes to jams or issues. By that I mean, feed a 10/22 a bunch of very inexpensive 22lr, it will hiccup. Do the same with this pistol, it will too. Feed it CCI mini mags all day, it will likely go bang every time all day. Again, this is also a subjective topic as I won't get to control what you shoot out of this pistol if you buy your own. However I shot lots of cheap stuff through it and it ate much of not all of it. The recently manufactured Federal Black Box stuff from Bimart has been crap in all my semis, it wasn't any better in this pistol. Let's say I was clearing a lot of weak powder charge hiccups trying to run that ammo in this pistol and my 10/22s.

So if you have read it this far and not already said this guy is full of hot air! I give you my conclusions. This pistol is a winner! This pistol will likely surprise the hardest critic. I'll be hesitant to recommend it as so many hate the Bull Logo, but I'll gladly put this pistol in the hands of anyone that wants to try it. As I truly enjoy shooting it, clearly by the amount of ammo I've put through it!

Happy Plinking!

Reno

E3C1309C-D5B8-4911-827D-25015373504D.jpeg FB32DDA2-8F3B-4957-8899-B75979BAB0BA.jpeg A292386D-331E-48E4-88B0-CF69E4AF1D16.jpeg 17458A04-A1FA-434A-9997-E60AF4F829CF.jpeg FCC74F98-BDBF-4B98-A95D-7C34609260C6.jpeg AE568C15-DEA6-4DF1-B8D8-813AA6E2F943.jpeg 68956539-4613-4A87-A582-44F3F8DE3497.jpeg 3F52C0BC-256D-4DB5-B3DE-C44FF0938CF7.jpeg 3EDFE77A-335C-4110-8DBE-ECF7457ABF0F.jpeg 5E2D4201-5DEA-4DB0-BC03-C50F5414DAE4.jpeg F0EFA92E-20B3-465D-ADFB-11A7C7192A17.jpeg 557D699E-C956-4D2D-ADB0-C00689FB9A7C.jpeg D20A5F0F-C591-43EE-A473-F66C1712E7BB.jpeg 5AEA55EC-7F1C-4B86-BB93-285D11D747FB.jpeg

Nice review! I'd like to see some kind of option to keep the ejection port on the slide from getting so beat up. I've seen other reviews and they all do this. :(

Great info! I was torn between this and a MKIV 22/45 for a suppressor. I ended up with the Ruger as I already had a couple other mk's. I'll be watching for sales on this pistol as I missed out on the bimart close outs.

I've rolled over on 10 thousand recently, and I've been wanting to post a review on this pistol for a bit.

With the help of 8 more mags added to the fleet, I can get 150 rounds through it before needing to reload now! I usually only load 15 though they do hold 16 each. I do this all by hand using the tabs in the mags. I need a speed loader for it!

Right off the get go, I'll say this pistol is clearly not for everyone. The bold capitalized T A U R U S on each side and the bull logo molded into the grip will definitely not work well with everyone. It might even give those folks herpes or something just for touching it.

With that said. On with my review.

I was able to shoot a club members at Tri County before purchasing my own. Sometime back in October of last year. I liked the full size Glock 17 sized frame and the light but grippy texture to the molded in stippling. The huge sell for me, was the trigger. It's really really good. For a gun I paid $300 for, the trigger is easily something you pay an extra 100-150 dollars for on a regular pistol for.

I reached out to my local friendly dealer in Banks, and had him order me a non safety model.

Fast forward two and a half months and 10-15 bricks of 22lr (estimated to be at or over 10,000 rounds) and I can say this gun is a keeper. Truly a fun pistol to shoot.

Starting with the pistol alone, it's very similar to a Glock, than any current 22 pistol on the market. It takes down like a Glock. It's striker resembles that of a Glock. It has similar striker plunger safety like that of a Glock. It's rear slide cap removes like that of a Glock, which is about where the similarities end.

The slide is mostly aluminum with a steel breech pinned into it for taking the blunt of the force during firing. Behind it is two plastic pieces that sandwich the striker, spring, and safety plunger. Nothing too incredible about the slide, it's got good cocking serrations, and plastic sights that are both held in by screws. The sights are white three dot and are of a combat style, aka you put the front dot on the targets center. There is some wear on the slides internal rails, but overall with the amount of rounds through it, it looks great considering.

The frame is a solid chunk of plastic. You can squeeze hard on it without a magazine in it and it has no flex whatsoever. There are two aluminum inserts placed into the plastic frame. One above the trigger guard that is to lock the barrel into place. Creating a sort of fixed barrel. Then the rear insert which houses the sear, ejector, and safety plunger pieces. The Finger guard is nicely oversized and would allow use with gloves. There are also index groves on both sides for your support hand thumb or your trigger finger to rest in while not booger hooking the trigger. The slide stop is very Glock like in location and function. The mag catch is small, but also very Glock like in location and function. Other not so important features, it has a pic rail for those more tacticool than I that run lasers or lights on their rimfire pistols.

The barrel is made to lock into place on the frame so it is essentially a fixed barrel during use. The barrel is pretty basic. I will go ahead and say that "Glock like" term again as it sounds identical in tone when you flick it or put it in the slide. Anyone who owns a Glock knows this sound. It is threaded for use with an adapter that is included in the box. The adapter is threaded 1/2x28. The bad... The barrel looks like a 2 year old chiseled the rifling on it. It's pretty badly looking. Lots of chatter. It looks a bit better now that I've swaged a bunch of lead through it, but it is still noticeable. It doesn't affect function though. I've heard many online complain about this. Though it appears to only be cosmetic as most who have this noticeable chattering in the rifling, report no issues of it affecting accuracy or function.

The guide rod reminds me of early gen Glocks. Plastic guide, single flat spring. It even breaks just like my early gen Glock guide rods have! See pictures. I have no real idea when the little chunk broke, I noticed it during the last cleaning. It, like my broken glock guiderods, does not affect its function. Maybe someone will make a metal one for it in time. Then I'll consider fixing it. Until then, onward and addition rounds will be fired

But how does it shoot!

It shoots great. At 15 yards, 2-4" groups or smaller, depending entirely on myself. At 7 yards I was able to get 1" or close to 1" groupings.

Though not fast, I ran it once at TCGC speed steel. One stage I had sub 2 second times with it.

Suppressed. Ah yes, suppressed. It's an awesome host. Shooting CCI standard velocity is very nice. Some subsonic Ammo's cycle, though the really slow FPS stuff did not. I'm slightly deaf as it is, so your mileage may be very different in this category. Most guns I think sound great suppressed with certain ammo, I'm almost always told by someone else that it is too loud. To each there own.

Jams... Every semi auto 22 jams. This one is no different. I wouldn't say it's any worse than a 10/22 when it comes to jams or issues. By that I mean, feed a 10/22 a bunch of very inexpensive 22lr, it will hiccup. Do the same with this pistol, it will too. Feed it CCI mini mags all day, it will likely go bang every time all day. Again, this is also a subjective topic as I won't get to control what you shoot out of this pistol if you buy your own. However I shot lots of cheap stuff through it and it ate much of not all of it. The recently manufactured Federal Black Box stuff from Bimart has been crap in all my semis, it wasn't any better in this pistol. Let's say I was clearing a lot of weak powder charge hiccups trying to run that ammo in this pistol and my 10/22s.

So if you have read it this far and not already said this guy is full of hot air! I give you my conclusions. This pistol is a winner! This pistol will likely surprise the hardest critic. I'll be hesitant to recommend it as so many hate the Bull Logo, but I'll gladly put this pistol in the hands of anyone that wants to try it. As I truly enjoy shooting it, clearly by the amount of ammo I've put through it!

Happy Plinking!

Reno

View attachment 663776 View attachment 663777 View attachment 663778 View attachment 663779 View attachment 663780 View attachment 663781 View attachment 663785 View attachment 663786 View attachment 663787 View attachment 663788 View attachment 663789 View attachment 663790 View attachment 663791 View attachment 663792
Great review. I have one of these and had problems with the bullet keyholing after about 5 or 6 magazines. I called Taurus and learned that their barrel supplier on some of their earlier production had bad riflings. I gave them my information and the serial number of the pistol and they sent me a new barrel - no charge. Once I received the new barrel (about 5 weeks) I've put the pistol through its paces. The thing that impresses me most is that from a sandbag rest I can consistently hit 2 out of 3 4" targets at 50 yards. I shoot aguila 40 grain high velocity and can get through about 12 or 13 magazines before it starts malfunctioning due to crud build up. I love this pistol!

Are these pictures after 10k? Mine at about 2-3k looks wayyy more beat up. I see you likened it to a glock but I'll have to counter that it feels more like an HK p30/vp9. Enough so that I find myself going for the paddle mag release often. I'll mirror your opinion and say it's a great little shooter!

I wish I'd kept a count on how many I've got through mine, it's in the thousands. Pistol, rifle, whatever..it's the most reliable .22 autoloader I've ever had. Weighs just this side of nothing, which makes it interesting, as a trainer. You actually do feel some recoil from it, which helped me prep my nephew for shooting something a little larger.

I've played with it at 50 yards, and it does well. Love mine, it eats anything. Wildcat, thunderbolt, whatever cheap "it was on the shelf" ammo I grab, it behaves fine with.

Are these pictures after 10k? Mine at about 2-3k looks wayyy more beat up. I see you likened it to a glock but I'll have to counter that it feels more like an HK p30/vp9. Enough so that I find myself going for the paddle mag release often. I'll mirror your opinion and say it's a great little shooter!
Yup. Probably another 3-4 thousand have been through it since I wrote this too.

What's looking beat up on yours?

Mostly the ejection port and the slide rails on the frame. Uneven wear.
Ya, my ejection port isn't too bad looking. I think mine ejects the case upward slightly as the inside looks worse than the outside.

Post some pictures, I wouldn't mind seeing how bad yours is comparatively.

I may have missed it, but how do you suppress it without a threaded barrel?

Great review! You have me contemplating one.
Unlike other more expensive rimfire options, all TX22s come factory threaded. They also included the adapter in the box.

1592342853345.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads