JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will say looking down the barrel the rifling is……less than aggressive. But I didn't expect a whole lot going into this.

Haha! You know…….if this thing lets me down you'll never hear the end of it!

:D
As long as you go into it with an open mind, and not expect a 22 to be perfect (because they aren't), I think you might actually enjoy it.

If you get a dud, let me know what you want for it when you call it!

As long as you go into it with an open mind, and not expect a 22 to be perfect (because they aren't), I think you might actually enjoy it.

If you get a dud, let me know what you want for it when you call it!
Honestly @Reno I really do want to like it. I've been looking at .22lr pistols for training new shooters for quite some time. The red dot mount was pretty much a must. And we drove from Forest Grove to Lincoln City to Salem to buy it so there's that!

:D

I really wanted to like the TX-22. It's now living out it's days with @Reno. Lol
I've actually been shooting yours more lately as I've been too lazy/busy to take apart the 50k+ ones frame after the slide stop and trigger have been having issues due to the shear amount of crud built up inside it.

Ready for the range:

36CD9816-B968-4932-8CBC-0986EADF5E4C.jpeg

I lied. I'm outta loctite, so I'll have to remount it in the parking lot. :D

And typical Taurus quality, the adapter plate just kinda "floats" under the optic with the screws tight. A few thousands off I would guess. At least it's solid with the two screws and sitting on the front plate mount screw (the one that holds the mount plate to the barrel. )

Last Edited:
Range report:

150 rounds fired. No mag issues or anything. A couple of FTEs but that's expected. Pretty darn accurate with the Burris FF3. I was using Federal 38grain bulk. Seemed to have a flyer every mag or so even from a rest but otherwise it ran well. I dislike the trigger, too much take up and a little gritty. But usable. Weird how I could shoot a mag and cover it with a nickel except for the one flyer. It didnt happen every mag, but out of 150 rounds I'd say 6 flyers.

Overall I'd give it a C+ or a B. It's a keeper though. I really enjoyed shooting it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top