JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just put in a request with Jeremy to pick one of these up. As much of a Taurus fan as I am NOT, too many good reviews on this guy and I'm in need of a trainer-type pistol for some new shooters. :)

Appreciate the thread @Reno

I just put in a request with Jeremy to pick one of these up. As much of a Taurus fan as I am NOT, too many good reviews on this guy and I'm in need of a trainer-type pistol for some new shooters. :)

Appreciate the thread @Reno
Pretty cool, if @Kruel J can buy a Taurus, anything is possible!

Hope you really enjoy shooting it. I truly enjoy shooting mine.

Pretty cool, if @Kruel J can buy a Taurus, anything is possible!

Hope you really enjoy shooting it. I truly enjoy shooting mine.

LOL. Hard to deny all the positive reports and the G44 just doesn't do it for me. I'm considering the "Competition" model so I can mount a red dot. :)

LOL. Hard to deny all the positive reports and the G44 just doesn't do it for me. I'm considering the "Competition" model so I can mount a red dot. :)
I really like that the comp model had a full bull barrel and actual incorporated 1/2x28 threads vs the thin barrel and adapter. Taurus does sell the slide and barrel separately. I didn't pick one up last time they were in stock, but I might in time for one of the two I've got.

I really like that the comp model had a full bull barrel and actual incorporated 1/2x28 threads vs the thin barrel and adapter. Taurus does sell the slide and barrel separately. I didn't pick one up last time they were in stock, but I might in time for one of the two I've got.

You just sold me on the comp model. The heavy barrel is a must! Especially after the reports of the "standard" barrel keyholing. :)

You just sold me on the comp model. The heavy barrel is a must! Especially after the reports of the "standard" barrel keyholing. :)
I wouldn't say the bull barrel had better rifling, it's still Taurus.

Mine is still doing very well too, though we probably only have a couple thousand rounds through it. Once Taurus sent me a good barrel it was good to go. If you get one that key-holes, call them. It's a known problem, but I would think they have those bugs worked out by now.

Mine was jamming when my son shot it, but not when I shot it. We found that the problem was in how he loaded the magazine. When he slowed down and was a little more careful in loading it, the jams went away.

Mine is still doing very well too, though we probably only have a couple thousand rounds through it. Once Taurus sent me a good barrel it was good to go. If you get one that key-holes, call them. It's a known problem, but I would think they have those bugs worked out by now.

Mine was jamming when my son shot it, but not when I shot it. We found that the problem was in how he loaded the magazine. When he slowed down and was a little more careful in loading it, the jams went away.
Loading too quickly has often lead to rim lock.

I blame you guys for this one. Been seeing this thread more than a year now. Bimart got one at the super fair price of $240. A semi auto 22lr had been on the list but wouldn't have considered this one if not for this thread.

Pleasantly surprised it came with 2 magazines, ran both dry of the maxi-mags with no issues. Its the first polymer gun I've actually owned so i don't have much to base it off of, but it feels good in my hand and everything is on par or better with what i'd expect from a $200 pistol.

20210706_203836.jpg

Update on the original.

I'm at least a few thousand over 50k now. The gun is starting to show signs of frame wear, and the original barrel is boarder line smooth bore at this point. The rifling is very hard to make out. It still hits targets out to 50-70 yards, though I haven't shot any paper at those distances to make sure those bullets are still stable out of the original barrel. However the bigger concern is the trigger not always resetting. It sort of stopped resetting recently and or is in dire need of a full take down and cleaning. I have yet completely taken apart the frame and cleaned the internals. Which is probably extremely overdue. Especially as the internals are starting to malfunction. The slide stop won't return during sling shots and occasionally won't hold the slide open on the last round. I'll be prioritizing cleaning out the frame and seeing if that improves.

I've definitely slowed down my rimfire shooting, it got a lot more expensive to replenish during Covid. Mostly shooting CCI lately as they have been pretty consistent with ammo in stock on their website at sort of normal prices. Places like SGAmmo and others have had 22 in stock but at close to $0.10-$0.12 a round over the older $0.04-$0.06 a round.

With the original starting to hiccup, and my lazy bum not truly wanting to take apart the frame right away, I've been shooting the spare one lately. Mostly unsuppressed with the non threaded barrel I bought a while back. It is up to 5k through it from myself. Not sure how much the original owner @spookshack put through it? It stays much cleaner over the other one since it isn't being shot suppressed all the time.

I'll get some updated pictures of the original when I get around to taking it completely apart to clean the frame. I did clean the slide assembly completely before putting it away after I last shot it and I can say, after all these rounds, it appears that once the initial wear to the slides rails and barrel occur, it really doesn't worsen.

Reno

Well…….damn it……I bought one. The competition model. I can't believe I'm putting a Taurus in the safe.

:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top