JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sportsman's has a boatload of Norma Tac22...costs WAY too much but it's there.
Saw that too. Left it on the shelf.

Reedsport had Aguila 22 at $0.10 a round shipped and I ordered 1000. It is still the least expensive cartridge to shoot, but $0.05 was a lot easier on the wallet!

Saw that too. Left it on the shelf.

Reedsport had Aguila 22 at $0.10 a round shipped and I ordered 1000. It is still the least expensive cartridge to shoot, but $0.05 was a lot easier on the wallet!
I can get .09/r from TargetSports. Seems to be the best I can find right now for plinking ammo

I hit 60,000!
That is amazing! I thought my old Ruger Standard was a tank, since I've been shooting it for well over 30 years, but I know I don't have anywhere near that many rounds through it.

My son really likes the TX22 that we have; nice to know it should last a lifetime. Probably several- how many people shoot that much? :)

Mag after mag after mag!

E71686A0-821F-4A48-8D4C-EDFC70A248A9.jpeg

I am nowhere close to 10,000 rounds. Maybe a thousand?

But... My little TX-22 continues to run flawlessly. I don't know how or why this particular pistol is made in its own factory in the USA, but for whatever reasons, this pistol is fantastic, in spite of my otherwise disdain for anything Taurus.

While we were all taking turns yesterday, shooting this Taurus and other pistols, my

previously never-failing SIG 226 ( :s0116:) had two failures to feed, while this cheap Taurus kept on ticking.

We just never know what the next shot will provide. :D

The OP's post is why I bought a TX-22. This past week, I got some time to finally take it and a few other guns to the range. I was running short on time but wanted to at least check this one out so I loaded up some CCI mini mags and ran three magazines through with my Mask HD attached. In the three magazines, I had three failure to feeds where it jammed the nose of the round up above the chamber. I haven't had an opportunity to look at it any further but wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem during break in. I'll tear it down and search the web some more, but it didn't seem like my particular issue was that common from what I've found so far. A number of people had rounds not coming up fast enough due to dirty mags, but not one where the round came up too much. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated, but I hope I can get it running as reliably as y'all.

The OP's post is why I bought a TX-22. This past week, I got some time to finally take it and a few other guns to the range. I was running short on time but wanted to at least check this one out so I loaded up some CCI mini mags and ran three magazines through with my Mask HD attached. In the three magazines, I had three failure to feeds where it jammed the nose of the round up above the chamber. I haven't had an opportunity to look at it any further but wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem during break in. I'll tear it down and search the web some more, but it didn't seem like my particular issue was that common from what I've found so far. A number of people had rounds not coming up fast enough due to dirty mags, but not one where the round came up too much. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated, but I hope I can get it running as reliably as y'all.
I get this on occasion with two of my magazines on the last 2-3 rounds in them.

I have those mags marked and chalk it up as mag related.

On occasion I get it with the first round in a fully loaded mag. If I don't give the mag a good whack on my palm the 16th round doesn't always point correctly.

I too bought one after reading this thread, then I sold it to Reno (gave him the speed steel discount). 🤣
That one only gets love when I feel like double fisting it!

Or someone else wants to shoot one too.

Thought I'd add to this old thread-

I really appreciate this little Taurus .22 pistol. We haven't shot tens of thousands through ours, but well over a thousand by now. It's been impressively reliable, and plenty accurate enough for the shooting we do.

It's been a favorite for my 16yo son, and now my 11yo is learning with it. It's light and easy to shoot. He hasn't shown very much interest in shooting until recently. He's starting to want to go to the range with me, and enjoys shooting.

There's a very heavy emphasis on safety when we shoot. I hope to instill that safety instinct and respect to last a lifetime. We're shooting for fun, but safety is the most important thing.

Both of my boys are young aspiring artists; they love drawing pictures of monsters and such (as most boys do), and then use them for targets. That makes it fun for them.

That's awesome @CLT65 glad the boys are taking to it. I started out shooting 22 and till this day it is still my favorite.

I'll get some pictures up on this once I clean it.
I need to actually do this lol. And get some pictures of the current state of wear.

Thought I'd add to this old thread-

I really appreciate this little Taurus .22 pistol. We haven't shot tens of thousands through ours, but well over a thousand by now. It's been impressively reliable, and plenty accurate enough for the shooting we do.

It's been a favorite for my 16yo son, and now my 11yo is learning with it. It's light and easy to shoot. He hasn't shown very much interest in shooting until recently. He's starting to want to go to the range with me, and enjoys shooting.

There's a very heavy emphasis on safety when we shoot. I hope to instill that safety instinct and respect to last a lifetime. We're shooting for fun, but safety is the most important thing.

Both of my boys are young aspiring artists; they love drawing pictures of monsters and such (as most boys do), and then use them for targets. That makes it fun for them.
Your post gives me good feelings about the future. I've got a 4yo son and a daughter that turns 2 in a couple days. I'm looking forward to watching them shoot their monster creations some day! And I agree that safety will be the greatest lesson of the day. Have fun and Happy 4th!!

Let's play a game!
Which has 60,000?
Honestly, besides scraping a bubblegum ton of carbon off Al, the time it wears pretty well. I did break a roll pin in half taking the frame apart for cleaning, but that's about it. It just keeps on going and going and going.
1657073900628.jpeg A31B37D7-573D-48B7-A1FC-EA5319FD2052.jpeg 235A2A88-36CF-4EBA-A52F-8EBBC6FF9200.jpeg 08B272F6-3FD2-4F92-8ED5-55C53DE86940.jpeg F379E81C-257F-4154-982F-EFFEB3F46174.jpeg EA69E2F5-7AB4-489E-892A-3743B1716C31.jpeg AC8E0134-A4CA-41B9-8F37-82B816590A8C.jpeg E257C1AF-F849-42FA-BCA6-726679CCC059.jpeg CA113301-F80F-4E3B-83E7-18EE24F4D1C5.jpeg 39649EBC-8677-48BA-96D3-CB6DE77E454B.jpeg D12BDE92-151D-4A48-855B-AA7FEB6B689F.jpeg 3A4C1948-48B8-4D66-BDEA-46A5F14E8771.jpeg 5ED18BF7-9C45-4E76-9A2D-644DC8F6564B.jpeg F6192065-B8E9-408F-96AE-D67BE8BD7A04.jpeg FBC72DE6-4D29-4645-9E65-762E47F1239C.jpeg

It's been a minute since I've update this guy.

I've been practicing shooting my CZ457 a lot so this guy doesn't get a lot of range time lately.

I've shot maybe 1-2 bricks through it since breaking the 60k mark. Last trip out with it being a week or so before thanksgiving. It's been having issues resetting the striker. I haven't opened it up yet to see why. It was thoroughly cleaned before I took it out last. So I'm not quite sure. Luckily the other one came along too, so I just used it for a few hundred rounds before calling it a day. It was cold!

Hopefully once I get off my bubblegum being sick I'll get it out some more.

It's been a minute since I've update this guy.

I've been practicing shooting my CZ457 a lot so this guy doesn't get a lot of range time lately.

I've shot maybe 1-2 bricks through it since breaking the 60k mark. Last trip out with it being a week or so before thanksgiving. It's been having issues resetting the striker. I haven't opened it up yet to see why. It was thoroughly cleaned before I took it out last. So I'm not quite sure. Luckily the other one came along too, so I just used it for a few hundred rounds before calling it a day. It was cold!

Hopefully once I get off my bubblegum being sick I'll get it out some more.
This reminds me that I need a few more mags for mine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top