JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Range report:

150 rounds fired. No mag issues or anything. A couple of FTEs but that's expected. Pretty darn accurate with the Burris FF3. I was using Federal 38grain bulk. Seemed to have a flyer every mag or so even from a rest but otherwise it ran well. I dislike the trigger, too much take up and a little gritty. But usable. Weird how I could shoot a mag and cover it with a nickel except for the one flyer. It didnt happen every mag, but out of 150 rounds I'd say 6 flyers.

Overall I'd give it a C+ or a B. It's a keeper though. I really enjoyed shooting it.
150 down, 40,850 to go! ;)

41k is the magic number? :D
My wife asked me about it the other week or month. I figured most of the 22 I shot through it was pre Covid at roughly $20-40 a thousand. Let's just say I've got a problem!

Now at $80-100 or so for a 1000 rounds, it's getting a lot harder to shoot like I did.

Just ordered their "Victory" trigger. :)
When you go to adjust pre-travel, you'll end up taking out too much. It'll feel great with the slide removed. You'll put the slide back on, rack it, and then the trigger will be stuck and unable to fire, thus you will be unable to remove the slide without hammering out the pins.

I ended up using minimum pins back in for function testing, including just using a couple of punches as pins for the test. Start lengthening the pre-travel a bit and retesting and eventually you'll be able to rack and fire without issue. That's the minimum amount of pre-travel possible.

I think, with some modification to the trigger parts, you can get it a little better still, but I haven't started digging into that yet. The drop in significantly shortened pre-travel and the break and reset feel decent.

When you go to adjust pre-travel, you'll end up taking out too much. It'll feel great with the slide removed. You'll put the slide back on, rack it, and then the trigger will be stuck and unable to fire, thus you will be unable to remove the slide without hammering out the pins.

I ended up using minimum pins back in for function testing, including just using a couple of punches as pins for the test. Start lengthening the pre-travel a bit and retesting and eventually you'll be able to rack and fire without issue. That's the minimum amount of pre-travel possible.

I think, with some modification to the trigger parts, you can get it a little better still, but I haven't started digging into that yet. The drop in significantly shortened pre-travel and the break and reset feel decent.

Thanks for the tips! If I have any issues, I'll Convo you. :)

Since you were in there (the pistol) did you put in the extended mag release?? I'm thinking about doing both operations while the gun is disassembled..

Since you were in there (the pistol) did you put in the extended mag release?? I'm thinking about doing both operations while the gun is disassembled..
I did not. I did all the work after having fired only a few mags through it, so I'm not yet convinced I really need an extended release…maybe some day.

I put their trigger in and am very happy with it ( though I may start tooling around with a file and some emery cloth here soon to see what might happen).

I installed their mag extensions and those work flawlessly, at least so far. Side note: there's a plastic peg in their 10 round mags that is the limiter…remove the peg (which you do for the extensions) and bam, you have a 16 rounder (+5 with the extension).

I also got their sights, hoping that they'd cowitness with the red dot but they're not tall enough for that (at least with my Vortex dot). The front fiber optic lost its fiber on the range and the rear sight screw came out in the bag on the way back from shooting. I'm satisfied that my
fiber replacement is melted properly in place and some blue loctite is now holding all the small screws in. They're better than the stock sights but I moved them to my standard slide and am leaving the comp slide a dot only.

I also tried out their compensator and, word of caution, I overtightened it and the rubber gasket got pushed backwards over the barrel during recoil, causing the slide to not move all the way forward and leaving the gun slightly out of battery. I found this out because of light strikes and am feeling lucky that I didn't get an out of battery detonation. So, don't over tighten.

My normal slide ate CCI standard velocity while the comp slide failed to extract and preferred high velocity ammo. I'll be looking for a way to reduce the weight of the recoil spring so that standards work.

And that is my journey with the TX22 so far. It's a really fun little plinker…I just can't leave well enough alone :D

When I had mine, the only real ergonomic issue I had, was it was a bit hard to get to the mag release. I'm a lefty, so my trigger finger reach was fine, just would have preferred to have an extended button. Glad to see there is an option to address that.

I dumped some money into mine also.
In the end though, I decided it needed a new home. @Reno got the friends and family discount. Last I heard, all is well. :)

I finally took apart the frame yesterday. Wow! Was the a large amount of gunk built up in it. The trigger pack and sear pack where so caked up I just let them sit in solvent for a bit. Only thing I've seen that gross before was my suppressor baffles after not cleaning the can for a long long time. 22 sure finds it's way into any nook and cranny!

Apparently it might be a good idea to do this more often! It was a lot less difficult to tear down and reassemble than I'd thought it be. So I'll definitely be doing it more often to ensure function.

Trigger doesn't feel like it is going to discharge accidentally anymore. The slide now sling shots and the slide stop is back to typical function.

The round count continues….

Got the Tandemkross trigger in the mail yesterday....now to see if I can talk @Hueco into a few minutes of his valuable time helping me install it.......never messed around with one of these guys before....... :)

Got the Tandemkross trigger in the mail yesterday....now to see if I can talk @Hueco into a few minutes of his valuable time helping me install it.......never messed around with one of these guys before....... :)
Fortunately for you, my customer is on central time so my afternoons are pretty free. Just shoot me a message.

I bought one of these based on your review. $260 OTD at Bimart. Based on your review I figured I'd enjoy it, turned out to be my most enjoyable pistol to shoot .
I didn't clean or lube it prior to taking it out. Put 500 rounds through it to break it in . Mainly just mag dumped several magazines just to break it in quick.
A lot of them was limp wristing just for science purpose. This pistol is the bees knees! Out of All the handguns I own, this is the cheapest and hands down the most fun to shoot.
If I carried a 22, it would be the tx with mini mags.
Good shooting!

I bought one of these based on your review. $260 OTD at Bimart. Based on your review I figured I'd enjoy it, turned out to be my most enjoyable pistol to shoot .
I didn't clean or lube it prior to taking it out. Put 500 rounds through it to break it in . Mainly just mag dumped several magazines just to break it in quick.
A lot of them was limp wristing just for science purpose. This pistol is the bees knees! Out of All the handguns I own, this is the cheapest and hands down the most fun to shoot.
If I carried a 22, it would be the tx with mini mags.
Good shooting!
It is surprisingly easy to mag dump!

Glad you enjoyed it, fun blaster!

I hit 60,000!

If it weren't for Covid ammopocolypse it might have happened sooner!

:s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073::s0073:

Also, burnt the bubblegum out of my hand as my can kept backing off and I derped for a moment and grabbed it to tighten without anything as a buffer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top