JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you must be a vegetarian !

2rza1de.jpg

If I target shoot during hunting season, I stick to more common shooting areas or private land depending where I'm at. Areas that normally have gunfire won't spook animals with target shooting. Ranges call ceasefires to let game walk through.

I hunt too so I try to be respectful.

If I target shoot during hunting season, I stick to more common shooting areas or private land depending where I'm at. Areas that normally have gunfire won't spook animals with target shooting. Ranges call ceasefires to let game walk through.

I hunt too so I try to be respectful.

Its all about common sense and courtesy.
Yep at Tri County they will come a stand right in the range while folks are shooting and a cease fire is called til they leave.

I figured I wasn't crazy for thinking there were more than a few viewpoints on the subject. The area in question is definitely an established target shooting area, while trying to find this particular spot I passed 3 other areas with signs of target shooting. I like to err on the side of being more considerate but with the weather we've been having and a spot to shoot my 50 at 400 yards is hard to resist. Particularly with a backstop that's a huge berm with even bigger hill behind the berm. I've never had a deer walk onto the range I go to, but there are about 14 that live by the rail yard I work in and they don't get out of the way of trains for nothing. With as many opinions as there are on both sides, if its another beautiful Monday and I've got the itch to shoot a long way I'll head back up that direction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top