JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe ditch the idea of the vest all together. If you're wearing a vest and carrying a rifle, you're going loud and proud. Maybe put together a duty belt rig? Another option is kydex combo carriers like this:

View attachment 707819
They clip on to your belt. Keep a paddle holster like a Safariland 6378 and you'd be well equipped real quick.

If someone is carrying a rifle in a defensive manner, isn't that inherently "loud and proud@ whether wearing a vest/plate carrier or not?

I think the sneaky mag carriers are neat, but what would be the point of sneakily carrying rifle mags unless a rifle is also carried, and that seems less sneaky naturally.

If someone is carrying a rifle in a defensive manner, isn't that inherently "loud and proud@ whether wearing a vest/plate carrier or not?

I think the sneaky mag carriers are neat, but what would be the point of sneakily carrying rifle mags unless a rifle is also carried, and that seems less sneaky naturally.

It was more of a lead-in that a duty belt rig would be fine because being covert isn't an issue. I think he had mentioned he didn't have armor, so the belt would be an option over a vest.

Those carriers aren't sneaky either. But, they are easily packable and can be clipped on your standard belt in two seconds. Slip a paddle holster with a retention device like the Safariland 6378 on your other hip and you essentially have a duty-capable rig.

Maybe ditch the idea of the vest all together. If you're wearing a vest and carrying a rifle, you're going loud and proud. Maybe put together a duty belt rig? Another option is kydex combo carriers like this:

View attachment 707819
They clip on to your belt. Keep a paddle holster like a Safariland 6378 and you'd be well equipped real quick.
What are those mag carriers?

What are those mag carriers?

They are made by a friend of mine who I work with. He owns a company called "Cascadia Concealment". You choose double stack or single stack pistol carrier and then a single or double rifle magazine set up. They are attached to a material that I think is normally used for scuba applications that is tough and flexible so the rig can bend with the shape of your body. There is a middle clip you cant see that keeps it from sagging.

He makes stuff like this, holsters, tourniquet carriers, etc.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews