JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read in one article that the shooter (who is still "unidentified") was not from around that area. If he hasn't been identified, how the heck does anyone know he's not from around there?
It would be easier to identify someone from the area. There's a difference between identifying a person, and knowing whether or not he was from the area (seeing them before, but not knowing them).
Huh, where'd you see that?
One of the news articles.

Sad day. This is a good reason WHY firearms should be taught in school. May the injured recover quickly, Godspeed for the dead, and may everyone find peace. Senseless.
Sadly, this is commonplace enough that all business and places of gathering (for whatever reason) should have active shooter drills. If this were practiced more, people would quickly realize how exposed and defenseless they are.

The only thing identifying the gunman at the moment is that it was a male, and he was not from the area.
If the was the police in pursuit, and police who took him down, I wonder why the details are severely lacking.
Prayers to the families of the victims, and those trying to recover.
Even if you were there and had been a good guy who took him down, you would not recognize the incident the way the press reported it..

It looks the size of a one-room schoolhouse with a congregation of 64 and they all knew each other so if it wasn't an outsider, the shooter coulda/woulda likely known who carried (if any) and "prioritized" from there.
Godspeed to those lost.
I am an outsider to every church I attend. I make a point to introduce myself, and have always found that I am welcomed and encouraged. What I am overwhelmed with is their love for the Lord and willingness to share in the joy of their faith. That makes this even more senseless. [ETA] or just a bad day that evil came calling, which is why we prepare in the first place.
Seems to me, the smart thing for ALL congregations is to set up a trusted security detail at every service.

While I don't consider 64 attendees to be small, if you think of how awful this could have been if the gunman had gone to a place of worship like People's Church in Salem.

People from Texas are as full of schitt as anyone else. They have no monopoly on wares nor cajones.

There are also plenty of anti-gun folks in Texas, and that number is growing there, not falling. Conservatives are starting to lose ground in Texas, as with many other states.

Really? Odd.

Here in NC you can, as long as said church is also not a school.

Looking at it more closely, Texas is the same as NC but they can put a 3006 sign up if they don't allow carry.

I still feel that my life and those of my loved are worth any penalty they want to apply. I carry always.

Bobo, I am slow at typing, thanks foe the clarification.

Geez, the pastor's 14 year old dead among other children and adults. Sick.

You aren't allowed to carry in a church in Texas.

....and....?

Not for padd64; but for the feckless-obedient ideology...

All this mantra about how hard it would be for an enemy to invade the US.... All the memes about the numbers of law-abiding gun owners in America; "ready" to defend the innocents....the leagues of those patriots who are "willing" to risk it all for God and Country....

and when the time comes...
"A law says I can't....:s0170:

F that law!

Last Edited:
....and....?

Not for padd64; but for the feckless-obedient ideology...

All this mantra about how hard it would be for an enemy to invade the US.... All the memes about the numbers of law-abiding gun owners in America; "ready" to defend the innocents....the leagues of those patriots who are "willing" to risk it all for God and Country....

and when the time comes...
"A law says I can't....:s0170:
F the law!
California won't let you carry testicles. so there's that

Gunman confirmed. David Kelley, 26, white male. Not from town, was in the Air Force. His social media is being scrubbed, so anything is possible.

It's hard to believe that it being in Texas, there weren't armed folks there. I suppose stuff like that happens all too fast for a reaction.

a lot of people believe that Texas is this great gun state, including many Texans... when in reality their gun laws are way more restrictive than here in liberal Oregon.

Its illegal to carry in any church in Texas regardless of their 3006 signs
Penal Code 46.035(B)(6)

http://handgunlaw.us/states/texas.pdf

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR