JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dressed for church this morning, (armed), (church meaning worship Jesus). Walked past the door greeter (armed), Preacher preached PEACE, folks in Oregon hating Christians.

I haven't stepped into a church or hospital, unarmed, in many years. Both are places that draw the disgruntled, whether to be healed or to do harm.

Been listening to kxls cbs news - the talking heads started down the gun control path hinting at it - then its come to light that a civillian neighbor ran to his home (barefoot by some accounts) grabbed his own AR then moved in engaging the shooter. He shot the POS who then dropped his AR and fled, the civillian giving chase until LE could catch up. That shot holes in the gun control narrative right there stoping the "who needs an AR15" crap AND the "only police need guns" nonsense cold.

But look for more stupid reactions by liberal gun control progs. They will call for mag limits semi auto bans bans on church/school carry blah blah blah.

Murder can happen anywhere. Any time to anyone. Its a dangerous world. We should be vigilant, and hug our loved ones whenever we can. Tomorrow is not a guarantee. Hell, your next breath is not a guarantee. Do what you can now and appreciate what and who you have while you have it.

And it occurred to me - aside from Charlotte NC - most of the mass murder shooting spree killings that make news happen in small to middle sized towns. How many Americans heard of Columbine, Newtown, Killeen, Springfield, Roseburg, Troutdale or Sutherland Springs - or any of the other now infamous cities before some asswagon shot a bunch of people there? Big cities in a way seem safer from that kind of niche violence. Not to say big cities do not see mass murder but it seems to me we have a false sense of safety about small towns. Psychotic violence happens anywhere. Schools, churches, civic centers - these are not the safe places we wish they were. The only real safety comes by controlling access and having prepared, alert individuals properly equipped to deal with violent people in such places. But we don't want to admit that yet as a society.

You could wave a magic wand tomorrow and make all guns magically disappear but until you find a way to remove evil from every person's heart and to prevent mental breakdowns we will still have murder. Home Depot trucks, Ryder vans, pressure cookers, poison, blades, sticks, rocks, fists... evil finds a way.

My heart breaks for those who died and those wounded. My anger burns for those who will use this as a political football to attack our right and ability to defend ourselves while failing to speak of or admit to the real cause of such violence.

Thank God for having a man with conviction and means close by to stop the killer and prevent a worse massacre.

I suspect that even though this was a major tragedy it will disappear from the news cycle in short order simply because the events validate the "good guy with a gun is the only defense to a bad guy with a gun" narrative

I haven't stepped into a church or hospital, unarmed, in many years. Both are places that draw the disgruntled, whether to be healed or to do harm.

Unfortunately in Texas, you cannot carry your fire arm concealed in any place of worship. I am sure the Texas legislature will change that very quickly. Or at least make a church, synagogue, etc. can decide for themselves.

Gah. What a surprise for the families.
I suspect that even though this was a major tragedy it will disappear from the news cycle in short order simply because the events validate the "good guy with a gun is the only defense to a bad guy with a gun" narrative

Imagine how different things would have been if 5-10% of the congregation had been carrying. Good thing an American got into the fight to prevent further injury and death to the innocent.

this is going to be interesting how this plays out politically, I'm skeptical because this is still a major tragedy 26 dead. But a good guy with a gun did stop the attack and the bad guys target was a gun free zone.

Shooter was dishonorably discharged for domestic violence it seems.
That's two reasons he would be disqualified from owning a firearm under current law. The facts that current background check laws didn't work, and that an armed good guy interrupted the shooting will make this story go away quickly.

this is going to be interesting how this plays out politically, I'm skeptical because this is still a major tragedy 26 dead. But a good guy with a gun did stop the attack and the bad guys target was a gun free zone.

The Clackamas Town Center shooting was also stopped by a good guy with a gun, since the coward shot himself after he saw the good guy's gun pointed at him. Note how that's been removed from the story since. The people who control the flow of information are also part of the gun control agenda.

That's two reasons he would be disqualified from owning a firearm under current law. The facts that current background check laws didn't work, and that an armed good guy interrupted the shooting will make this story go away quickly.
He may have used an 80% lower. So queue for a ban on 80% lowers, cause big government has always proved to never become Tyrannical... Ignore the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, etc. Those are obviously fake news. :rolleyes:

Agree Sir.

I believe all sides (Good, Left & Violent) of this event are taking notes and planning for the next.

Cannot control the lawmakers, cannot control the evil planning, but we can protect our own.

I hope that the capable men in every church, every congregation, and every synagogue in this country, do whatever is prudent/necessary to protect the innocent people/worshipers.

I get your point but we can't say the background checks didn't work. Unless he had the rifle before getting a dishonorable or the domestic charge, he could get guns how every other criminal get guns. Illegally. Law makers always forget that small but vital fact. Background checks only work when people use them.

The Clackamas Town Center shooting was also stopped by a good guy with a gun, since the coward shot himself after he saw the good guy's gun pointed at him. Note how that's been removed from the story since. The people who control the flow of information are also part of the gun control agenda.

I think the point of how a neighbor got his gun to stop this degenerate from killing more people is impossible to miss. The town center story was easier to glaze over since the chl holder didn't actually shoot the guy.

The guardian reports that the gun man was engaged and chased by a community member with a gun.

I get your point but we can't say the background checks didn't work. Unless he had the rifle before getting a dishonorable or the domestic charge, he could get guns how every other criminal get guns. Illegally. Law makers always forget that small but vital fact. Background checks only work when people use them.
Normally if you've had a gun and were arrested and convicted for something that disqualifies you from owning a gun, you have to get rid of it.

It is likely the case with his dishonorable discharge, considering he also spent time IICR.

Shooter was dishonorably discharged for domestic violence it seems.

DD disqualifies from owning, and will not clear a firearm background check.

....but the talking heads I just heard we're allready talking about increasing BC restrictions to include health (mental health).

Wouldn't have stopped this lone bean one iota, as he was illegally in possession.

Crazy is going to crazy, and criminals do not follow laws.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top