JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
to clarify, from what I understand is its only legal if the church gives you permission to carry....

After a quick read thru Texas gun laws I'm really glad to live in 'liberal' Oregon now. They must not really be all that conservative to have passed that clustertruck of laws they have to deal with.

to clarify, from what I understand is its only legal if the church gives you permission to carry....

After a quick read thru Texas gun laws I'm really glad to live in 'liberal' Oregon now. They must not really be all that conservative to have passed that clustertruck of laws they have to deal with.
Bah! Stop confusing me!

Do I need to bring in more clowns from my planet? :mad::rolleyes:

This is a horrible, disgusting tragedy. I don't know what the f'ck was in the head of the shooter, but damn, why can't people find another way to express their issues than to kill innocents. My prayers for the families of the victims, what an awful thing they're faced with today.

This type of event is why I always carry at church. I know others do too for the same reason.
Professor Jordan Peterson who is a psychologist actually covers this topic a few times in some of his interviews. Their whole reason is to go after innocent people. They have so much hatred for being they would get no satisfaction from punishing the wicked.

Unless it was some sort of "emergency" forced law like they did here in Oregon not too long ago.

Unless it was some sort of "emergency" forced law like they did here in Oregon not too long ago.
who knows, could be... but they sure do have a lot of really confusing and stupid "forced" gun laws for a state with mostly conservative legislators. Thing is there are way too many conservative gun owners who seem to find some kind of logic and pride in these "common sense" laws, after all.... a church is the "house of the lord" and nobody should be bringing a weapon in there cause its a place of worship... o_O

Just heard on the official news conference that the POS used a Ruger AR "Assault-type rifle". He was wearing black tactical gear and apparently had a chest rig/plate.

According to the Texas Ranger official, the shooting was stopped when a local resident approached the shooter with his own rifle and engaged the shooter. The shooter took off and apparently was pursued by the local resident. They found him dead in his car a bit later, but don't know if the local resident was the one that shot him or if he committed suicide.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their loved ones.

Its infuriating to see people already using this heinous act for political gain.

It's hard to believe that it being in Texas, there weren't armed folks there. I suppose stuff like that happens all too fast for a reaction.

Ironically, even in some of the most gun friendly states, firearms are banned in many of their religious institutions by rule of law. Many churches, even in the South are "Gun Free Zones". If the church has a school or even a Sunday School then some states will treat the church the same as a school, which many states also prohibit conceal carry of firearms. I'm not sure about Texas, but many Southern states and states like Utah it is against the law to bring a loaded weapon to church. The logic is that a church or any other type of religious institution is a place of God and shootings just don't happen there on a Sunday. Unfortunately, this logic has resulted in the loss of more innocent lives and has made churches a favorite place for deranged and evil men to commit mass murders against helpless and unarmed victims. Very few people will bring a gun to church, because they feel it is something unholy and unethical in a place of God. I am not a Christian, but have read the CHristian Bible. Simon Peter carried a sword around with him everywhere he went. I don't understand where this passive resistant mentality came from with many Christians, when the Christian Bible itself advocates that Christians carry weapons for self-defense with them.

I carry my firearm at any religious institution I attend, which would be a synagogue, and if the priest/pastor/rabbi doesn't like it, then I go somewhere else. I, myself, do not want to repeat the same acts that occurred in the time of the Maccabees where people would refuse to fight on the Sabbath because it was considered a Holy Day. The Maccabees were the first of this era to abolish the "No Sabbath Fighting Policy". The Hellenists waged an attack on the Maccabees on Sabbath, because they were under the impression that Jews would not fight on that day. However, to their surprise the Maccabees fought a bloody battle that resulted in a major defeat for the Hellenists. The Jewish people who refused to fight on the Sabbath all ended up dead.

I remember a very Pro-Gun, NRA member Rabbi of a synagogue I attended telling me how God would not let anything bad happen to anyone on the Sabbath, therefore not to carry a gun on Sabbath. Ironically, one of the members of his synagogue was beaten almost to death by a group of drunk thugs walking back from the synagogue one night. I guess his theory was flawed.

Last Edited:
Just heard on the official news conference that the POS used a Ruger AR "Assault-type rifle". He was wearing black tactical gear and apparently had a chest rig/plate.

According to the Texas Ranger official, the shooting was stopped when a local resident approached the shooter with his own rifle and engaged the shooter. The shooter took off and apparently was pursued by the local resident. They found him dead in his car a bit later, but don't know if the local resident was the one that shot him or if he committed suicide.

I saw the same report. Wondering on a Sunday in a rural area they might not have an actual patrol. Take a town like Vernonia, Or on a Sunday afternoon. How long would it take to get a sizable law enforcement response there? Thankfully that citizen took it upon himself to save the lives of possible strangers.

Last Edited:
It has begun.....
Oh come on, that grassy knoll is really just
From his FB page:
View attachment 402869

Not sure how reliable the following article is, so I'm waiting for confirmation from other sources:
Texas Church Shooter Was Antifa Member Who Vowed To Start Civil War
Well I think that that "news source" lost all credibility by saying "Devin Kelley, who killed at least 27 people and injured many more, was one of two shooters in the church..".

I was wondering about that. Definitely needs some confirmation before I'll buy the story, but certainly something that wouldn't surprise me.

At this point I'd say it's more likely than not, but keep in mind we will see all sorts of alternate explanations, one of which may even be accurate.

I don't understand where this passive resistant mentality came from with many Christians
Misinterpretations can cause many things... Jesus never specifically said not to defend yourself. "Turn the other cheek" was meant to not retaliate to insults of your dignity (your face is your dignity, cheek is part of the face, that sort of thing). Not be a pacifist.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top