JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, there is the third disqualification from possessing a firearm. If he escaped, then it logically means that he was involuntarily committed.

Good point.

This violent, crazed, nutbag wasn't in the NICS system nor confined to a mental health facility. There are at least two disqualifiers (any other crime for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year and domestic abuse) and a very possible third (ever been committed to a mental institution). Not to mention he also was reported to have made death threats to officers on the Air Force base and had been caught sneaking firearms onto said. And, yet, someone how he hadn't hit the system in any of those cases.

Everytown's slogan is "Background Checks Prevent Gun Violence and Save Lives". Debatable, to put it charitably.:rolleyes:

I have a question that pertains to this latest shooting and the Vegas shooting. ABC evening news interviewed the guy that was driving the truck chasing the the shooter on Sunday. During that chase and at the end. The driver recorded the action on his phone. He stated that after the FBI looked at his recording, they returned the phone with the recording still in tact. But yet I also heard a news report that all of the recordings from the Vegas shooting were given to the FBI. Then returned to the owners of the phones. But in Vegas "ALL" of the recordings were wiped clean before they were given back to the owners. Why were the phones in Vegas wiped clean when they did not do that on Sunday with the driver of the pursuit truck? I was under the impression that this was standard operating procedure to wipe the phones clean.
So another question comes up, Why the phones in Vegas were wiped? What is the FBI hiding by not letting these recordings out. All of the recording that we have seen were before the FBI called for people to turn in there phones. What is the FBI hiding about Vegas vs. Sunday's shooting. What the government has told the public about Vegas has way too many holes in there explanation. Vegas is much more deeper than anybody realizes. I still believe that one man did not organize that entire event on his own.

The "we" thing is a typical leftist ploy to generate guilt in those that had nothing to do with the event. It's used by Antifa, BLM, and the gun grabbers to signify that YOU are responsible for the actions of someone else and that more government interference is needed in your life because "you" allowed a crazy person to exist. It's the same ploy as the white privilege people are using. "We" captured blacks in Africa and shipped them to the Carribean, Egypt, the middle east, and North America for use as slaves building the pyramids.

The eventual rhetoric is that because "you" can't solve a problem that you had nothing to do with creating, "someone" must pay, and it might as well be you since you obviously can't stop whatever it was from happening again.

It's another way of highlighting the Obama theory of accomplishment. You didn't make that, "we" allowed you to open your business.
The "we" thing is how the preamble of our constitution begins. If "we" embrace a collective sense of responsibility for what happens in this country, we might actually be able to solve some of these problems. You keep treating these issues like they're someone else's problems, you'll guarantee that someone else will solve them for you. And you won't like the outcome.

The "we" thing is how the preamble of our constitution begins. If "we" embrace a collective sense of responsibility for what happens in this country, we might actually be able to solve some of these problems. You keep treating these issues like they're someone else's problems, you'll guarantee that someone else will solve them for you. And you won't like the outcome.

Actually, this is someone else's problem. The USAF to be specific.

As more information comes out about the details of the shooting, all I can say is that I hoped he had survived to get the full prison treatment given to people who hurt children. Suicide was getting off far too easy for this evil prick.

I think America should follow Israeli news media's doctrine of never mentioning the name or image of a terrorist.
No body count or sensationalism of the murderers acts.
They just fade away in complete obscurity.

I have a question that pertains to this latest shooting and the Vegas shooting. ABC evening news interviewed the guy that was driving the truck chasing the the shooter on Sunday. During that chase and at the end. The driver recorded the action on his phone. He stated that after the FBI looked at his recording, they returned the phone with the recording still in tact. But yet I also heard a news report that all of the recordings from the Vegas shooting were given to the FBI. Then returned to the owners of the phones. But in Vegas "ALL" of the recordings were wiped clean before they were given back to the owners. Why were the phones in Vegas wiped clean when they did not do that on Sunday with the driver of the pursuit truck? I was under the impression that this was standard operating procedure to wipe the phones clean.
So another question comes up, Why the phones in Vegas were wiped? What is the FBI hiding by not letting these recordings out. All of the recording that we have seen were before the FBI called for people to turn in there phones. What is the FBI hiding about Vegas vs. Sunday's shooting. What the government has told the public about Vegas has way too many holes in there explanation. Vegas is much more deeper than anybody realizes. I still believe that one man did not organize that entire event on his own.

I am just throwing out a wild guess here: the Texas thing was (as far as we know) all done out in the open and is cut and dried. The Nevada shooting is still under investigation and perhaps they did not want copy cat killers to have access to ways to get around dealing with law enforcement/security personnel?

Again, just a total guess.

I think America should follow Israeli news media's doctrine of never mentioning the name or image of a terrorist.
But how will the poor news folk get their money then? #Newsmedialivesmatter :rolleyes:

We should also follow the Israeli population in becoming a totally hardened target. When I was on "assignment" there many years ago, little old hassidic men (and a high percentage of people) carried Uzies openly or under there jacket. I would have worried about there traditional beards getting caught in the operating mechanism, but I am left handed. I think when some simpleton media person starts down the gun control hole we should suggest limiting first amendment rights. It carries the same weight of law and can be just as dangerous.

We should also follow the Israeli population in becoming a totally hardened target. When I was on "assignment" there many years ago, little old hassidic men (and a high percentage of people) carried Uzies openly or under there jacket. I would have worried about there traditional beards getting caught in the operating mechanism, but I am left handed. I think when some simpleton media person starts down the gun control hole we should suggest limiting first amendment rights. It carries the same weight of law and can be just as dangerous.

They already ARE infringing on the First Amendment at least two ways:
  1. Only certain news sources are "real". Ones that don't report with a editorial position on the left are "fake"
  2. The only religions they don't openly attack are Athesim and Islam. Christians are always suspect to them. Strange because Islam has beheaded reporters and I don't recall Christians doing this.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top