JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He is insulting the Christian faith by demeaning a common practice in the religion.

I disagree, as many religions involve prayers.

Let's not forget Rule #2 here at NWFA:

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited
We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, working against the very goals of our organization. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division. This rule applies to the site in its entirety, including the Off Topic section.

It is important to note that firearm-related political content is not prohibited. However, clear attempts to fabricate this relation may be considered a rule violation.

I disagree, as many religions involve prayers.

Let's not forget Rule #2 here at NWFA:

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited
We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, working against the very goals of our organization. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division. This rule applies to the site in its entirety, including the Off Topic section.

It is important to note that firearm-related political content is not prohibited. However, clear attempts to fabricate this relation may be considered a rule violation.

And I stand with that part of the nwfa policy. I'm not here to spread my faith. I'm here to be involved in a welcoming environment that is solely about firearm rights and discussion.

what the contention is about involves an outside, little to no history, demeaning a faith. This is especially disturbing as the place that was attacked was a place of worship and spiritual practice. It is extremely important for these people to pray to reconcile and heal after this event. Using culturally and spiritually insensitive comments as that user used WILL divide members on this forum. Demeaning a religion IS talking about religion.

If you believe that its permissable for an outsider troll to openly demean a faith, I'm not just talking about Christianity, then I regret supporting this platform. This is inexcuseible and wrong.

It doesn't matter what I believe, nor does it matter if I even agree to the rules. What matters is that I not censor a post unless it breaks the rules set forth by the owner of NWFA. THIS is exactly why we have rule #2. It divides members and causes a lot of contention. Even with rule #2, we allow lots of prayers to be sent and so forth. Again, prayers are used in most religions and I don't believe the comment was calling out any particular one.

I'll step way out of my "role" here at NWFA for a second. The way I read it is everyone's prayers and well wishes or warm thoughts, call it what you will, isn't stopping these sick whacko a-holes from performing unspeakable acts against humanity. See? I probably read it differently than you did, brother. Doesn't mean I can just arbitrarily take sides. When I agreed to be a moderator, I also agreed to NOT take sides and to do my best to remain neutral and ensure the rules were followed.

It doesn't matter what I believe, nor does it matter if I even agree to the rules. What matters is that I not censor a post unless it breaks the rules set forth by the owner of NWFA. THIS is exactly why we have rule #2. It divides members and causes a lot of contention. Even with rule #2, we allow lots of prayers to be sent and so forth. Again, prayers are used in most religions and I don't believe the comment was calling out any particular one.

I'll step way out of my "role" here at NWFA for a second. The way I read it is everyone's prayers and well wishes or warm thoughts, call it what you will, isn't stopping these sick whacko a-holes from performing unspeakable acts against humanity. See? I probably read it differently than you did, brother. Doesn't mean I can just arbitrarily take sides. When I agreed to be a moderator, I also agreed to NOT take sides and to do my best to remain neutral and ensure the rules were followed.

Okay. I've said my end. I'll agree to disagree. Thank you for moderating.

"Prayer" doesn't seem to be working too well.
I am sorry you fo not see the power of prayer. I have seen it time and time again. Just because we pray for something does not mean the answer will be yes, many times the answer is the exact opposite of what we are praying for. I don't pretend to understand the will of God, but I have faith that HE loves me and desires the best for me. You are free to believe what you like, I am free to pray and believe as I like. God Bless

I'm just gonna say we should just have a circus... But a circus with only the best part, the part with the clowns. :rolleyes:;)

I see what you're trying to do here.

Let's just move on and continue the post regarding the Christian man who claims that his faith and consequently prayers helped him stop the godless scum bag in Texas.

I read a post on Facebook that read and I quote Stop saying I'm praying for the folks of the Texas church shooting because they don't need prays they needed much stricter gun laws.

As harsh as it sounds, stricter gun laws won't effect them.

North Carolina has only two notable enough mass shootings, and both of them were done with guns that would have been legal under some BS assault weapons ban. And our laws are more lax than Texas's gun laws are. By antigun logic there should be worse shootings because of how many guns are here and our lax laws, but how many shootings are happening in NC that are close to the scale of the past two shootings that were all over the news? None.

I just curious why you don't hear liberal anti-gun people screaming about all of the shootings and deaths in Chicago. Nor did you hear obama say anything about it.

I read a post on Facebook that read and I quote Stop saying I'm praying for the folks of the Texas church shooting because they don't need prays they needed much stricter gun laws.
A normal person would never say that.. unless they lived smackdab underneath a bridge, like a troll.

Well... Simply put, the media doesn't care about black on black violence because it doesn't get them as many views. Which means no money. In addition to that, it also doesn't fit the left wing media agenda to report black on black violence either.

Such is the glorious modern world where people will believe the media that's more than willing to tell only half the truth (if that much) just for the views.

I just curious why you don't hear liberal anti-gun people screaming about all of the shootings and deaths in Chicago. Nor did you hear obama say anything about it.
I have repeated this many times and apparently need to do it again so let it sink in this time - the Libs and Antis do not want DEFENDERS - they want VICTIMS and dead people for no other reason than to support their anti gun agenda - I have no idea why but this SEEMS to be their position.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top