JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not calling anyone out in this thread.
Lets keep the main focus here on :
The wounded...
The slain...
The families of the victims...
The man who shot back...
How did this happen / how to keep it from happening again...etc...

Bickering among ourselves does nothing to help us heal and will not allow us to help others.

When posting a thought , please make your thought a "complete" one.
A cryptic / provocative statement or one that can be "read" into can lead to hard feelings and a lack of communication.
Thank you,
Andy

"Prayer" doesn't seem to be working too well.

Following up on what the mods have said in this thread regarding this subject (thank you @Kruejl and @AndyinEverson), I would like to ask you to expand on your comment.

As for the rules violation, I think this runs close to it. Challenging someone's sincere effort to offer some kind of condolences, in the form of prayer, doesn't seem to keep in the spirit of 'be excellent to each other'. We all grieve in different ways, for some, that comes in the form of prayer. To take a swipe at that idea seems less than excellent to me. That said...

Simply saying that prayer doesn't seem to be working isn't offering any potential solution. It's not even addressing the actual problem. It does, I think to many, take a stab not only at some folks' religious beliefs, but also at their sincere desire to offer some form of compassion to the victims and their families when there isn't much more they can do. I can see why that doesn't sit well with some folks here. Maybe your intent wasn't to offend, but in such a short post, it's hard to tell. Can we all assume you didn't post just to insult some folks here? It would probably help if you clarified what you meant.

So, I'd like to ask you to share what you think the solution really is. I would genuinely like to know. We know what you don't think will work. But many of us have tried to offer reasonable solutions to the ongoing problem. We've identified that the government is failing in its duty to protect the citizens of this country. We've recognized that there were already plenty of laws in place that should have stopped this incident, but didn't, because government failed, again.

I'm assuming you believe there is another solution or you wouldn't have shared your comment in the first place. Would you please elaborate on what you think the solution really is? More laws? Enforce the laws we have? Registration? Restrictions? What do you think could have stopped this?

Keep in mind that Jesus said to turn the other cheek. He meant for christians to not retaliate to insults of their dignity, in this case "prayer doesn't seem to be working too well" being the insult.

Rather than dignifying the insult just skip over it. More important things going on.

Keep in mind that Jesus said to turn the other cheek. He meant for christians to not retaliate to insults of their dignity, in this case "prayer doesn't seem to be working too well" being the insult.

Rather than dignifying the insult just skip over it. More important things going on.

Good point.

Perhaps there's Muslims here that would like to chime in. I've come across many passages in my Quran that describes how pivotal prayer is in their religion and how Muslims are obligated to retialiate when they're faith is demeaned or treated poorly. I'm pretty sure there's a few passages in the Torah as well that closely relates to this point as well.

The New Testament is more passive when it comes to others demeaning the Christian faith. However, the post wasnt directed towards the Christian faith...

But I'm just a guy who's read a few books so what do I know

I know the post wasn't necessarily pointed at the christian faith, but its still one where we just skip over it. Leave that for religions that require one to defend their faith from insults. For us, just ignore them and focus on the more important things.

Realistically, no law could prevent this outside of a straight up ban and confiscation. But to be blunt I'm a clown, not an idiot, so I wouldn't abide by that. If anything there needs to be less restrictions, then someone could have potentially shot the shooter.

Also anyone notice how they're trying to downplay the guy who shot the shooter? IICR it was said the shooter had more guns and ammo and his car was pointing in the direction of another church.

Too many times, we try to fix some problem, and when we realize that we don't have any power to do so, and it leaves us frustrated and angry. For many, prayer is an attempt to find peace within ourselves, a way of asking for some sort of inner peace for those directly affected, and asking for some sort of an end to the pain. I cannot speak for others, but for me, prayer doesn't reverse or erase the evil deeds or horrible events, but it is a time to reflect on the pain of others. It's a token of respect for those damaged and in pain.

People also pray for wisdom, patience, and understanding so that they can go forward with their lives and attempt to make a difference. I don't think that anyone is saying that prayer would have prevented the massacre, and those that are insinuating such don't understand what faith is all about.

I know the post wasn't necessarily pointed at the christian faith, but its still one where we just skip over it. Leave that for religions that require one to defend their faith from insults. For us, just ignore them and focus on the more important things.

Realistically, no law could prevent this outside of a straight up ban and confiscation. But to be blunt I'm a clown, not an idiot, so I wouldn't abide by that. If anything there needs to be less restrictions, then someone could have potentially shot the shooter.

Also anyone notice how they're trying to downplay the guy who shot the shooter? IICR it was said the shooter had more guns and ammo and his car was pointing in the direction of another church.

Not once have I heard anyone but the good guy say he used an AR to shoot the dirt bag.

Not once have I heard anyone but the good guy say he used an AR to shoot the dirt bag.
Yeah, and everyone who is ignoring that is also ignoring the shooter had more guns and ammo in his car, and was likely headed to another church. He was totally just gonna stop at the church though, all the extra guns was for show and tell to his fellow anti... I mean psychopaths.

Yeah, and everyone who is ignoring that is also ignoring the shooter had more guns and ammo in his car, and was likely headed to another church. He was totally just gonna stop at the church though, all the extra guns was for show and tell to his fellow anti... I mean psychopaths.

The local LE's believed he was likely going to head to another church nearby - there is another Baptist church just 3 miles down the road. They believe he saved the lives of all the people in that church. Speculation, of course, but legitimate concern.

The local LE's believed he was likely going to head to another church nearby - there is another Baptist church just 3 miles down the road. They believe he saved the lives of all the people in that church. Speculation, of course, but legitimate concern.
Shush... This can't get out on mass media, otherwise smoke from all the antigun brains frying in the attempt to spin it around will cover the United Sates.

He should talk less.

I agree thank goodness for closed caption and the rewind, this guy talks like most Women do. yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack yack

What did he say, oh you can't have too many magazines.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Posting such messages as the anti-religious post is sadly siding with the worldview of the shooter, who seems to be a militant atheist from accounts and who took that to the extreme. So before posting comments like, "prayer doesn't seem to be working too well" it would be wise to consider that this mocks the victims and aligns ones own self ideologically with the shooter. Even if you think prayer is bunk, is now the time to express those views among those who can do no more for the victims?

Posting such messages as the anti-religious post is sadly siding with the worldview of the shooter, who seems to be a militant atheist from accounts and who took that to the extreme. So before posting comments like, "prayer doesn't seem to be working too well" it would be wise to consider that this mocks the victims and aligns ones own self ideologically with the shooter. Even if you think prayer is bunk, is now the time to express those views among those who can do no more for the victims?

"Prayers not working" is a gun control code phrase: Gavin Newsom says prayers for shooting victims aren't enough: 'They were in their church praying'

Where in response to a call from Speaker Ryan on the Texas shootings: "Reports out Texas are devastating. The people of Sutherland Springs need our prayers right now." California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom pushed gun control by stating: "They were in their church praying when this happened, what they need is gun control."

It's become a meme among the left elite pushing for gun control and eventually confiscation.

IMO, what the people of Texas and elsewhere need is not gun control, but more armed good guys to stand up to and protect them from the violence of evil.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top