Oregon Suspicious Timing of This Article On Lady Who shot Husband With Untraceable Handgun..

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related News' started by arakboss, Apr 20, 2019.

1. arakboss

arakboss
    Portland, Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2018 Volunteer

2. Gbirk

Gbirk
    Tigard
    Blah...Blah...Balbity...Blah. Silver Supporter

3. notazombie

notazombie
    Sweet freedom!

Not suspicious timing at all. "Untraceable" gun is inconsequential. She already had another 9mm so she was already in the system.

4. titsonritz

titsonritz
    CV-Solame-OC
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

5. arakboss

arakboss
    Portland, Oregon

Thank you for that link. Now I am even more suspicious. The article from the link you sent me implies that she ordered parts (maybe barrel/slide) and swapped them over to the frame of the pistol she already owned.

The article I linked to implies that she ordered a kit online from GhostGuns.com to make a similar, untraceable version of the pistol.

My questions are, did she order an 80% type frame plus complete upper and finish it off then discard the entire firearm?

Or did she just buy a complete upper kit and slap that on her currently owned frame, then discarded the complete upper kit and install her old upper back on her original frame?

If she did the latter than why is KATU reporting this as a murder with an untraceable firearm right around the time Legislature is trying to pass a ban on untraceable firearms.

6. titsonritz

titsonritz
    CV-Solame-OC

Main spin media

From what I understand she bought an slide assembly and used that to commit the murder, disposed of it and then replaced the original slide and said "See it wasn't me"

7. Jcon268

Jcon268
    Gresham
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pretty obvious that the original frame will have the same serial number as the slide and barrel...therefore swapping to any "untraceable" slide or barrel would be inconsequential, no?

pdxparabellum likes this.
  8. arakboss

arakboss
    Portland, Oregon

I believe that is what she did too. And that makes the reference to untraceable gun misleading. Now that KATU has made it out like a untraceable firearm was used the antis are going to use this as justification for passing SB 978-5 and it has already started:

Screenshot_20190420-142031.png

9. Jcon268

Jcon268
    Gresham

Ceasefire's SOLE PURPOSE in existence is to take little snippets like this and run all the way to the bank with them. They eat fake news for breakfast like Wheaties.

10. arakboss

arakboss
    Portland, Oregon

Don't be surprised if media tries to make the connection as well. There is a huge push for SB 978 right not that makes me think they are going to try and move on it soon. Our side of course isn't getting fair time or coverage. The Newport Times still hasn't posted my comments to anti article they posted the other day.

pdxparabellum, Caveman Jim and bbbass like this.
  11. titsonritz

titsonritz
    CV-Solame-OC

I think you're missing the point.

12. Jcon268

Jcon268
    Gresham

Yeah we really have to highlight the most dangerous parts of that bill. There is no proof, no evidence, not even a slight correlation that suggests that CHL holders carrying on public property endangers the public. None, zip. They are shooting from the hip with these bills (no pun intended) and it's going to cause a ruckus in the pro-gun and even neutral community for a long time. I say the neutral community because people who don't know any better will be arrested and charged with counts of felony. That's what happens when you conceal the truth about what these bills actually do - you put people behind bars who didn't know any better.

pdxparabellum and Hayharnel like this.
  13. Jcon268

Jcon268
    Gresham

Please explain.

14. American123

American123
    Seattle

The public are morons. If you buy anything with a credit card, it isn’t “untraceable”

Caveman Jim and Hayharnel like this.
  15. titsonritz

titsonritz
    CV-Solame-OC

She attempted to make it look like it was not her firearm used in the murder by switching the top end so when when her firearm was tested for ballistics there would be no match after she replaced it with the original top end.

Caveman Jim, bbbass and arakboss like this.
  16. titsonritz

titsonritz
    CV-Solame-OC

Then there's that. It would have been such wiser to do a FF sale and pay cash.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  17. Jcon268

Jcon268
    Gresham

I guess I would have to know more about the type of gun she originally had and what type of slide assembly she replaced it with to understand how that could potentially get her out of it. In any event, they obviously arrested her so their claim of untraceable really doesn't hold water. By they I mean the media, the anti-gunners and idiots like Okamoto.

Caveman Jim, Hayharnel and bbbass like this.
  18. American123

American123
    Seattle

Yep, obviously if you want to commit murder, you don’t make your murder weapon purchases with a credit card, most crime tv shows demonstrate this.

cigars and awshoot like this.
  19. titsonritz

titsonritz
    CV-Solame-OC

ETA: that was suppose to be "IT" not "I". :oops:

I would have use a pig farm and spent a drunken week in Vegas.

20. American123

American123
    Seattle

Barrel puts groove marks on a bullet. Each barrel is like a snowflake in that way in the sense that each barrel will put microscopically different groove marks on bullets. By buying an aftermarket barrel or slide with barrel, she could commit the murder, then dispose of the aftermarket barrel / slide, put the original one back on and then tell investigators “see, couldn’t be me, my gun doesn’t have the same barrel that was used to shoot him”

spookshack, Jcon268 and titsonritz like this.