JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have often thought that forensics would have a fun time with someone who knew enough about guns and forensics to pull something like that. A person could go to a gun show and pickup a barrel and slide, or just the barrel (although the breech face of the slide might leave enough of an impression on the brass to be enough to convict).

Or a person could just simply have a gun that the gov did not know about.

Or a person could have a brass catcher - bullets sometimes disintegrate/deform enough that not enough rifling is left on them to match them to a gun.

The prosecution in this case would need to find the parts she bought, otherwise the evidence is circumstantial.

Most every round when fired will leave an exact imprint of the breech face on the case head.

A person can get an aftermarket slide and barrel, as stated in the article and unless there's other trace evidence on the fired cases to link it to the shooter...almost impossible to trace a match.

Most every round when fired will leave an exact imprint of the breech face on the case head.

A person can get an aftermarket slide and barrel, as stated in the article and unless there's other trace evidence on the fired cases to link it to the shooter...almost impossible to trace a match.

Indeed.

Oh, the irony...

Police had revealed during their initial investigation that they obtained a gun from Crampton Brophy, 68, a self-published author who also penned a 2011 essay titled "How To Murder Your Husband."

I guess she left out the "and get away with it" part.

I own a 2 x 72" belt grinder I used it during the 14 years I was a custom knifemaker. I can reduce a 1911 barrel to dust with it in under a min. 9600 surface feet per min and a 36 grit 3M Ceramic Belt. As to the bolt face a few min with a piece of 800 grit stuck to a new White pencil eraser and some amateur engine turning on the face of the Bolt will take care of that.

Or how about a 8" piece of 1" round stock with a 7" deep 1/2" D reamed hole a touch hole and a precussion nipple and anything heavy enough to set off the cap. a little black powder and a patched (canvas painters tarp like every hardware store sells all day long) round slug made in a mold you drill yourself doesn't have to even look like a bullet just a square edged was cutter. made from Tire weights you pull off some random car in a parking lot.

OH sorry I let my creative juices loose.

Not suspicious timing at all. "Untraceable" gun is inconsequential. She already had another 9mm so she was already in the system.

Thank you for that link. Now I am even more suspicious. The article from the link you sent me implies that she ordered parts (maybe barrel/slide) and swapped them over to the frame of the pistol she already owned.

The article I linked to implies that she ordered a kit online from GhostGuns.com to make a similar, untraceable version of the pistol.

My questions are, did she order an 80% type frame plus complete upper and finish it off then discard the entire firearm?

Or did she just buy a complete upper kit and slap that on her currently owned frame, then discarded the complete upper kit and install her old upper back on her original frame?

If she did the latter than why is KATU reporting this as a murder with an untraceable firearm right around the time Legislature is trying to pass a ban on untraceable firearms.

Thank you for that link. Now I am even more suspicious. The article from the link you sent me implies that she ordered parts (maybe barrel/slide) and swapped them over to the frame of the pistol she already owned.

The article I linked to implies that she ordered a kit online from GhostGuns.com to make a similar, untraceable version of the pistol.

My questions are, did she order an 80% type frame plus complete upper and finish it off then discard the entire firearm?

Or did she just buy a complete upper kit and slap that on her currently owned frame, then discarded the complete upper kit and install her old upper back on her original frame?

If she did the latter than why is KATU reporting this as a murder with an untraceable firearm right around the time Legislature is trying to pass a ban on untraceable firearms.

Main spin media

From what I understand she bought an slide assembly and used that to commit the murder, disposed of it and then replaced the original slide and said "See it wasn't me"

Main spin media

From what I understand she bought an slide assembly and used that to commit the murder, disposed of it and then replaced the original slide and said "See it wasn't me"
Pretty obvious that the original frame will have the same serial number as the slide and barrel...therefore swapping to any "untraceable" slide or barrel would be inconsequential, no?

Main spin media

I believe that is what she did too. And that makes the reference to untraceable gun misleading. Now that KATU has made it out like a untraceable firearm was used the antis are going to use this as justification for passing SB 978-5 and it has already started:

Screenshot_20190420-142031.png

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR