JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This was obviously suicide by cop. What I don't understand is all the second guessing. Ten shots was excessive? How do you know? Gee, maybe all he wanted was a hug. The police have to deal with the suicidal maniacs and the second guessers. It's a thankless job I'm sure, but I for one am glad some people are willing to put up with what it takes to enforce the law.

Look at it like this: Don't want to get shot? Then do what the guy with the gun and badge says! In situations like this, it's easy to stay alive if you want to. The officer that did the shooting did not want to do it, but he did what he had to. It's his job.

Im doing a little bit of research and found that 36% of shootings are suicide by cop. I had no idea that it was that high. any reasonable human being would have hit the ground the second the cops pulled out their guns.

Because they are valuable and expensive critters and they didn't want it injured or killed..?

I want to add that no two men present the same danger. They had no idea how fast or strong this guy was aside from the fact that he brushed off a taser. From the ready position I could have nailed that cop right through the skull in far less than 1 second. This is why the 21 foot rule was created and some want to make it 30 feet now

21 Foot Rule Less Talk and More action (compiled and shortened) - YouTube

Hahaha,bet the neighbors love that guy.

So who has that video of the cop working OT as a mall cop and gets shot in the face,and then another 4-5,from 5 feet away,and he returns fire and hits the guy a few times before he pulled the guy down and sent one through the skull?

That shooting was about 10-15 rounds before the perp died and the cop went to the hospital for a couple months.
Or the FBI autopsy that showed the perp took 20 rounds of 40MM,(joke) caliber and none were fatal.

Everybody is different.One guy can take a blow to the head and the next guy dies from it.
Some don't die with just a couple rounds.

10 bullets...questionable.

Hey "father of four". Would you have not wanted to go home to your "Four Kids" if you were a police officer? Would one buckshot load in center mass make you happier? Would the nay sayers on this thread have felt better also? Ten rounds of .40 do not always stop a drug addled, crazed person bent upon wreaking havoc on the population. Shut up till you have "been there and done that". Those cops probably feel bad enough without reading your drivel! Greydog.

Got to say that it looked like he was stepping up to tee off on the cop. Ten shots is ridiculous; watch close and you can clearly see him collapsing at shot one - who wouldn't via a 40mm, center mass, 10 feet away?

Just SO MANY of these deadly cop on civilian shootings lately ... at least this one appears justified on some level, just overkill though. Another situation where a shotgun with beanbag rounds would have put this guy down, but no, the penalty is death.

Beavis and Butthead show what COG and other videos have successfully done, desensitize idiot youth to violent death, war is a fun game, etc.

Holy crap. What cop carries a 40 millimeter? Do you know that is roughly the equivelent of one and a half inches diameter. I think you meant a .40 caliber did'nt you? Please think your comments through before typing!

Hey "father of four". Would you have not wanted to go home to your "Four Kids" if you were a police officer? Would one buckshot load in center mass make you happier? Would the nay sayers on this thread have felt better also? Ten rounds of .40 do not always stop a drug addled, crazed person bent upon wreaking havoc on the population. Shut up till you have "been there and done that". Those cops probably feel bad enough without reading your drivel! Greydog.

NO YOU SHUT UP!

I said that I agreed that the officers shooting was justified. But questionable on the amount of bullets he used to stop that bad guy.

I am glad the cop helped out his fellow Leo, but 10 shots? May have been a bit excessive. My opinion.

Now keep your own opinion to yourself if all you can do is tell people to shut up who dont agree with you. :p

Howard

10 shots? May have been a bit excessive.

I've read from many sources that people, LEO or citizens often don't realize how many shots they get off in those situations. Many people think they only shoot 2-3 times when they actually empty the mag.

I don't envy anyone who has ever been put in the situation those two cops were in on Monday. If I were in their shoes, I would keep shooting until I am positive he couldn't get up, or reach the gun inside his waist (hypothetical).

Good post dustinm.

I have been in a few fist fights, not gun fights. I have also been jumped by 2 guys once and fought a crazy Jack-Daniel drunk Mexican who stabbed me just above my left knee. I have never shot anyone. I have never been the kind to beat anyone up who was on the ground. I never would kick them or jump on their heads. I have a problem with someone shooting a man...(even if he is a very bad guy)...while he is on the ground. IF....he jumped up? Then Ok. Add some more lead if he is again a threat. But from what I saw, and it was limited, I think the other officer could have waited a few seconds before firing another 5 rounds. The guy could have tried to get up but then collapsed back to the pavement. I don't know...like I said, the round count is questionable. To me.

Good post dustinm.

I have been in a few fist fights, not gun fights. I have also been jumped by 2 guys once and fought a crazy Jack-Daniel drunk Mexican who stabbed me just above my left knee. I have never shot anyone. I have never been the kind to beat anyone up who was on the ground. I never would kick them or jump on their heads. I have a problem with someone shooting a man...(even if he is a very bad guy)...while he is on the ground. IF....he jumped up? Then Ok. Add some more lead if he is again a threat. But from what I saw, and it was limited, I think the other officer could have waited a few seconds before firing another 5 rounds. The guy could have tried to get up but then collapsed back to the pavement. I don't know...like I said, the round count is questionable. To me.

If you are in a fair fight then your tactics suck. I will never voluntary engage in any fight because my life and tmy family is more important than showing how much of a man I am. If I am in a fight it because I didn't have any other choice. So yeah if they are are on the ground I'll kick them in the head or whatever it takes to stop the threat.

The guy had a chance to make it easy but moved toward the cops with a weapon after they tried to taze him. I am pretty sure cops are told to shot until the threat is down. It might have been 10 shots but it was just a few seconds of action.

That officer who tased the suspect should have never took his eyes off him (bad guy). Having said that the shooting IMO was justified and I would have done the same thing. If you have a deadly weapon in your hand and you act the way the bad guy did, what do you expect? do you think the cops are gonna ask you to play patty-cake? Heck no! they are gonna bust a cap in your behind and neutralize the situmigation lol. I don't even think pepper spray would have helped this situation..... maybe the K-9 could have been released but no time for that and why harm an innocent animal?
You have to remember, cops don't fight fare.... they have to do whatever it takes to win a fight when deadly weapons are involved.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top