JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
actually you guys are right. its easier to say something like I did and critique someone elses actions when I wasn't there. I really haven't been in a fight in over about 10 years because I always find a way to get out of it or let the other person feel that they got their way. Im a very non confrontational sort of person so I try to avoid situations that will make you have to make a split second decision like this one here. sorry if I have offended any one but I do feel that there is still possible ways to avoid getting into this situation in the first place not that the officer did the wrong thing when the assailant cocked back to swing.

The issue I see with "ways to avoid getting into this situation" is that people in Law Enforcement are called "TO" get involved in a situation which others cannot or are unwilling to handle on their own. We don't know why the police were called in the first place but I can assume this suspect had committed a crime and it was not an option to let this "person feel they got their way" and let him walk away. IMHO

Indeed they were called to the scene because the perp had used that weapon to smash out several windows at the Carl's Jr.. he was acting like a madman on a rampage and continued when confronted with armed police officers with drawn handguns

110% justified. Anyone who has paid attention to my posts here know I am far from an apologist for bad cops, but this was cut and dried

them shooting was justified but they should have tried to keep their distance from him. and yes he did look like he was on a rampage or just generally didn't give a bubblegum (idiot)

He was wearing a mask so pepper spray would have been fairly ineffective, and it looks like the taser missed or something because no doctrine I am aware of says to aim at the head - it's way to easy for the barbs to spread out and not contact with that small of a target. When he charged the officer and prepped the weapon, he had committed himself to getting shot. I don't know if the second set of 5 rounds was necessary as he was hidden by the car so I couldn't tell if he was down or still trying to move.

If the officers had backed off and tried 'something else' he just would have kept on walking. He was already doing that when they attempted to taze him, with no concern about the officers' presence or the dogs. If I were on a grand jury, I would call it justified, at least for the first volley.

elsie

I've seen so many videos lately where those filming were entertained, genuinely entertained, by the violence. I can understand schadenfreude but laughing at someone being shot to death in front of you...that's beyond battle-field cold right there.

Also; Moron got what he deserved. Isn't that a breaching tool? Or a roofer's hammer of some nature?

its sad how people are entertained by watching this in person, or how people get a kick out of watching the three guys one hammer video. society is soo bubblegumed.

I still feel there was alot of different ways to handle this issue. I know that yes the officers were in danger but they could have maneuvered to change that and re evaluate the situation. call me crazy but Im one who thinks that even if someone is in the wrong and does threaten you you should still find a way to make the best of the situation by not having to kill some one.

Brother,go back to your dream world. Some time these guys need killed.

A friend knew a guy that was a real hit man in Reno back in the day.He was also a sunday school teacher. Friend asked how he could do it. The reply was "some people just need killin' "

Some times there is no other way.The guy wouldn't lay down and started towards a cop.He needed shooting.
Sorry,but that's society today.
Some times lethal force is needed. This looks to be one of them.

I give the cops credit for at least trying to stop the guy with a Taser. Once the Taser failed, I dont see what other options they had left. He was a lunatic armed with a deadly weapon.

Got to say that it looked like he was stepping up to tee off on the cop. Ten shots is ridiculous; watch close and you can clearly see him collapsing at shot one - who wouldn't via a 40mm, center mass, 10 feet away?

Just SO MANY of these deadly cop on civilian shootings lately ... at least this one appears justified on some level, just overkill though. Another situation where a shotgun with beanbag rounds would have put this guy down, but no, the penalty is death.

Beavis and Butthead show what COG and other videos have successfully done, desensitize idiot youth to violent death, war is a fun game, etc.

Got to say that it looked like he was stepping up to tee off on the cop. Ten shots is ridiculous; watch close and you can clearly see him collapsing at shot one - who wouldn't via a 40mm, center mass, 10 feet away?

Just SO MANY of these deadly cop on civilian shootings lately ... at least this one appears justified on some level, just overkill though. Another situation where a shotgun with beanbag rounds would have put this guy down, but no, the penalty is death.

Beavis and Butthead show what COG and other videos have successfully done, desensitize idiot youth to violent death, war is a fun game, etc.

Wow, I would have gone down immediately after taking a single 40MM :p

I still feel there was alot of different ways to handle this issue. I know that yes the officers were in danger but they could have maneuvered to change that and re evaluate the situation. call me crazy but Im one who thinks that even if someone is in the wrong and does threaten you you should still find a way to make the best of the situation by not having to kill some one.

Are you kidding me you want the police to retreat from a situation. Haha wow you are living in a dream world bud I hope they dont start to retreat. If they do you know our society has trully broke down and you better never leave your home unarmed EVER. as for the shooting he is clearly about to knock that cop into next year if not kill him. I will tell you if someone were gonna do that to me and a friend or family member didnt shoot him to save me they would damn sure not be my friend anymore

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top