1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Suppressor question.

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by dskelton, May 12, 2010.

  1. dskelton

    dskelton SW Washington New Member

    Likes Received:
    I am about to purchase my first NFA item (suppressor) and had a couple of question s. I have decided to go the Living trust route, I currently live in Washington and can claim residency here but my legal home of residence and drivers license is from Oregon (military). I have resident CCL's in both states and I guess my question is should I put my home of residency as Oregon or use my Washington address since that is where the suppressor will be stored for the next two years. Also in two years is when I transfer and there is a very good chance that I will be staying on the Oregon coast.
    Any advice or tips would be great. Thanks in advance.
  2. TonsOfOregonBrass

    TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

    Likes Received:

    It is your current place of residence.
  3. Ranb

    Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

    Likes Received:
    Use Washington State. You do not have to inform the ATF of any temporary movement of a silencer across state lines, such as when you travel to a state where use is not banned like in WA.