JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recent border crossers don't understand that tap water is safe.
There are millions of them.
Or maybe they don't always have easy access to tap water. Such as if they are living in a car, truck, abandoned house, or tent. Or they might find the high chlorine content of American city water objectionable. After getting used to drinking well water I find the Corvallis city water so heavily chlorinated as to be unpalatable .

Tariffs are an import tax. I think getting rid of taxes is a good thing.
While I agree, tariffs on subsidized products produced by (predominantly) the Chinese Army, are a tax and also a protection. Whats left of manufacturing here in the US is experiencing a slowdown due to inflation. So to combat inflation, let's drop tariffs and let cheap, foreign products flood our market.
While it may ease the short term pain experienced by Amazon and Walmart shoppers, it continues the long term slide of American manufacturing. You'd think Biden's administration would have learned something from pandemic supply chain woes.
But of course not, manufacturing bad, global warming is here, and we need carbon taxes. Kalifornistan is leading by example in how to tie an anchor to your leg and toss it overboard.

Last Edited:
While I agree, tariffs on subsidized products produced by (predominantly) the Chinese Army, are a tax and also a protection. Whats left of manufacturing here in the US is experiencing a slowdown due to inflation. So to combat inflation, let's drop tariffs and let cheap, foreign products flood our market.
While it may ease the short term pain experienced by Amazon and Walmart shoppers, it continues the long term slide of American manufacturing. You'd think Biden's administration would have learned something from pandemic supply chain woes.
But of course not, manufacturing bad, global warming is here, and we need carbon taxes. Kalifornistan is leading by example in how to tie an anchor to your leg and toss it overboard.
More like turns it from a slide into a full-power dive... come on, we all know Biden is China's b!tch and if you support him or the party that's enabling him YOU did this.

If it was up to me I'd embargo ALL products originating from PLA-owned companies.

7656e030deb3013ab542005056a9545d.gif

When food, water, shelter is not available - say a grid shutdown - people will de-evolve into primates.

Watched the NF show Woodstock '99. Shows how in just three days when people are deprived of comfort what transpires almost immediately.

When food, water, shelter is not available - say a grid shutdown - people will de-evolve into primates.
Agreed. Making sure we don't allow our inner circle to devolve is what we work towards.

For the vast majority of us in North America, water is the critical path. We have our homes for shelter, usually food that we can stretch for a few weeks - but if our water, wherever it comes from, shuts off, we're automatically refugees.

So, first have some water stored for just in case. Second, make sure you know where you water comes from and the basic workings of the system - particularly if you're on a typical city water system. Then make a basic sustainment plan with your neighbors. Don't be the refugee.

Agreed. Making sure we don't allow our inner circle to devolve is what we work towards.

For the vast majority of us in North America, water is the critical path. We have our homes for shelter, usually food that we can stretch for a few weeks - but if our water, wherever it comes from, shuts off, we're automatically refugees.

So, first have some water stored for just in case. Second, make sure you know where you water comes from and the basic workings of the system - particularly if you're on a typical city water system. Then make a basic sustainment plan with your neighbors. Don't be the refugee.
And don't relocate to the Southwest.

Get a Big Berkey filter with the black filters, and get four not just two. Filters faster and lasts longer and you need spares anyway. You can also buy the filters separately and make your own from a couple of food grade 5 gallon buckets and lids from Winco

A great place to get Berkey products that has occasional sales is Safecastle: https://www.safecastle.com/

Sawyer squeeze filters for being mobile. Instead of using the bag, just use any of the Smartwater style bottles as they all use the same diameter and threads. The filter can even be cleaned by back flushing, which is why I prefer it to straw style filters.

Locate a water source you can access when city water stops (actually a few), because it eventually will. In some places you could even dig a well.

Last Edited:
The Berkies are the gold standard of water filters, we have two of them and they really do a great job! I still prefer my MSR hand pump filtration system, for lots of drinking water on the fly, they cannot be beat, bonus is they can screw to a Nalgien bottle super easy, now you have a complete system and it's easy to carry or store!

Last Edited:
Hard to make a basic plan with my neighbors. Clueless diaper wearers. The guy across the street spray painted BLM on his car and home. With yellow paint and those letter templates companies use on ladders. I thought he got vandalized. Asked him. "Oh no, I just want people to know I am against racism and gun violence."

UGH. I know going 'solo' is not the way but when everyone I see is a fearful moron and deluded weirdo ............. I do have friends out in the sticks but if SHTF or a grid shutdown, probably screwed.

Hard to make a basic plan with my neighbors. Clueless diaper wearers. The guy across the street spray painted BLM on his car and home. With yellow paint and those letter templates companies use on ladders. I thought he got vandalized. Asked him. "Oh no, I just want people to know I am against racism and gun violence."

UGH. I know going 'solo' is not the way but when everyone I see is a fearful moron and deluded weirdo ............. I do have friends out in the sticks but if SHTF or a grid shutdown, probably screwed.
I'm in a similar situation, have a couple of neighbors I know for sure would be good to go, the rest are just zombies…. They'll have to be expendable, if they're not sufficiently prepped and ready to make the tough decisions…

While I would expect this in Portland, I face the same issue in a rural area near Enumclaw. It is surprising how cucked everybody is out here.

I don't have "Neighbors". I have the people that live next door. Or, the people that live around me. Numerous people that walk to the nearby Albertsons wear masks. As do some of the children. People on bicycles from further out still wearing masks.

I don't have "Neighbors". I have the people that live next door. Or, the people that live around me. Numerous people that walk to the nearby Albertsons wear masks. As do some of the children. People on bicycles from further out still wearing masks.
The other day I saw a guy with a mask on riding a motorcycle . No helmet. Just a mask.

Last Edited:
Saw a guy riding a motorcycle with a mask on the other day. No helmet. Just a mask.
There's no available, appropriate reaction, for that ^^^.

What is really sickening is seeing beautiful, young children, in the markets with their parents, all wearing masks.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top