JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is just so sad that almost all the propaganda and lies we are forced to endure are directly tied to money/currency/power. To those that really haven't got the message yet, the bankers really do run the world.

Troops do more to secure the future of JP Morgan and Bank of America than any other entities, including America.

My bet is, what will happen is one day people will wake up and find out their bank is closed
and their $$ is no longer worth anything. Then all hell will break loose.

I don't believe life in the US will flip or crash overnight. The banking system almost locked up overnight in the 2008 crash, but overall I think what we are living in is the start of a transition between empires that may take 10-20 years (we are perhaps 2-5 years into it). The empires have transitioned before in the history of the world. We would be naive to assume it will never happen again.

As an aside, one should ask questions such as why did the DHS order 1.6B+ rounds of ammo last year? I keep trying to think of a hypothesis and I'm not finding it.

Peter

But well dude, nu uh or so, or prove it is not a debate.
That's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying that people have been predicting collapse in the U.S. financial system since recovery from the crash of '29, and it hasn't happened. Even in 1930 and 1931, the unemployment rate at the height of the depression was 33%-- that means that two out of three people who wanted to work had a job.

Our system is a zero-sum game. That means that it doesn't collapse, the only thing that changes is who is rich. On Black Tuesday, (and again, but not nearly as badly on Black Friday) in 1929, people jumped off buildings because, in that zero-sum game, someone else got their money and became rich, and they were no longer the one who was rich.

Every time the "who" changes, a new crop of people, some of whom are newly poor (meaning they only have one million) start whining about how the collapse is coming.

Another set of people are constantly complaining that the game is rigged, and, therefore, it's not their fault that they're poor. (Meaning they don't have a job, a rich relative or any friends with a total worth of more than ten grand.) Some of these people are openly anti-Semitic, and think the cause of the imbalance is racial, religious or cultural. (It could actually be cultural. Getting a job, or at least a viable stream of income has been known to cure poverty. But I digress.)

A third set of people I call the Buggy-Whip folks. Our financial system, while stable, is in a constant state of change. Nothing is static. You evolve with it, or you get left behind, and that frequently means you're one of those folks who are newly poor, with no viable stream of income. No, Matilda, we don't unload ships by hand anymore. So Longshoremen learned to use container cranes and move containers by cute little tractors, or they became unemployed. It doesn't matter how many years you spent unloading ships by hand or how good you are at it. Evolve or file for unemployment. Your choice. Weyerhaeuser is booming, in spite of the Spotted Owl. They evolved. It can, in fact, easily be argued that they made huge profits off anti-logging issues and protests. But that's a separate issue.

The U.S. economy is evolving away from manufacturing and towards design-- we want to keep the brain jobs, and pay less for the muscle. So manufacturing comes from overseas, under U.S. supervision, for far less money. So if you're a journeyman machinist, with thirty years experience and a union scale of $72 an hour, you're going to have a hard time unless you decide to change. It's a job, but it's not your job. Just like the Master Buggy Whip makers, the economy has changed.

Generally speaking, in all the sky-is-falling threads, you're listening to one of these people. They're angry and afraid, because they don't understand why they don't have a significant amount of money, or what to do about it.

Step back, look at the fact that zero-sum means that someone else got rich when what you're looking at caved in, and appreciate that no, the Zionist aren't in charge anymore than the Mormons, the Catholics or the Dutch, and recognize that we're in the best shape we've ever been as a nation.

So when I ask "when?" I'm asking that the sky-is-falling folks base their claims in something concrete, and pin their theories to a date: "...on January 1st, 2017, if the U.S. economy hasn't collapsed like it did in 1929, then I'm wrong."

But you know what? None of them will give a date. Because the things they're afraid of aren't real, and, therefore, it's not possible to generate such a prediction. Furthermore, as long as there's no end date, they can continue being angry and afraid indefinitely.

Is that what you meant by "more than nu-uh"? If it is, I suggest you answer before someone gets their panties in a wad, and this post gets pulled.

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 05 Dec 2013 at 05:26:21 AM GMT is:

$ 1 7 , 2 2 6 , 7 8 7 , 8 4 0 , 5 6 0 . 2 3

The estimated population of the United States is 317,177,736
so each citizen's share of this debt is $54,312.73.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$2.70 billion per day since September 30, 2012!
Concerned now ?

Great shape! Such a healthy looking chart. Oh, wait...

USD.JPG

You know Jammer, one thing I have had in my head and not sure how one explains it is:

When I was a Kid ( the 60's) The economy changed as the war ended and computers came in there was a flux in the system between old and new. I was lucky to be alive to see this switch from punch cards for computers to floppies and reels. This continued over my whole life. And the mill was running full speed ahead. For 30-40 years money did grow on trees. I knew I could work where ever I wanted and made good money. But I often thought after graduating from business law, that they economy is going to slow somewhere as it old school and new had to end somewhere.
In the early 2000's I saw this happen as prices on houses slowed and reversed. I owned a house before we moved here in 1995 was worth 100,000 in two years was worth 350,000 at that point I knew it would be ending soon.

Anyways, I am not sure where the economy is headed, but I know the pace it was at was not natural for a very long time. The current economy needs to adjust and if does we will be making less, and paying less. in some aspects this is occurring in others its not.
So I see some of what occurred as inevitable, and natural, and I see some as mismanaged funding and spending.

Just my take.

The trend lately is pay more earn less and because of obum care, businesses are converting everyone to part time and dropping their hours to the point they do not have to provide insurance.
It isn't like the 70's and 80's. It is skewed into a terminal downhill spiral.

Ever since the industrial revolution, there has always been a "new thing".

There was steam, internal combustion mechanics, flight and now computers.

They're all the product of the brain trusts. I have confidence that there will always be another frontier, because we don't burn our scientists, dreamers and researchers as witches anymore.

It's better for our children to work with their brains rather than their muscles, it's better for them in all ways, including the fact that an agile, highly trained brain stands a far lower chance of finding itself tied to a career as a Master Buggy Whip maker who doesn't know any other way to earn money.

I don't believe the economy "needs to adjust." But I do believe it will continue to evolve.

I don't always agree with you, either, but at least from your avatar, I know you're a fellow ugly dude. :)

The trend lately is pay more earn less and because of obum care, businesses are converting everyone to part time and dropping their hours to the point they do not have to provide insurance.
It isn't like the 70's and 80's. It is skewed into a terminal downhill spiral.
Oh, please.

That won't wash in Seattle. We live next to Redmond, and Boeing still pays well and Redmond makes millionaires.

Oh, please.

That won't wash in Seattle. We live next to Redmond, and Boeing still pays well and Redmond makes millionaires.

Oh well, you can have a blind free fall all you want. Its no skin off my nose :s0129:

http://www.motherofallgunsites.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772 Preparing for what is coming!

Burt, I normally agree with you, but that chart is misleading. Below are my comments on the original article.

Peter

Sir, I fully agree that we are headed for some form of economic crash. However, the chart presented in this article is misleading. The two lines may look similar, but look at the vertical axes for both sets of data.

For the displayed period of 1928-1929, the DJIA started at approximately 200 and peaked at approximately 380. This is an increase of approximately 90%

For the displayed period of July, 2012 to early December, 2013, the DJIA started at approximately 13,600 and is currently at approximately 16,100. This is an increase of approximately 18%.

There would be no visual correlation between the two lines if one had charted both sets of data based on the percentage increase.

Peter S
greater Seattle

?

(All I know is that when this current crisis has played out, around 2020-2025, the US is going to look a lot different than it does now. Nobody knows yet what it will look like, but those who believe that it will mirror the last 2-3 decades are going to be in for a major shock. Will it be better or worse overall? I don't know. But what I know for absolutely certainty is we will be operating under a new world reserve currency system for international trade purposes, and that system won't be $US based. The result is the US will not enjoy the perks it currently does as result of having the world's reserve currency. I liken that to the fall of other great empires, but if it isn't that extreme, then great. Hopefully it won't be.)

It will happen long before that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top