JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly, compare the dream prices of ammo in the classifieds to the price to order online.
or
Firearms in the classifieds to actual "real" prices people are paying on GunBroker.

Most are not even in the same ballpark.

We had a saying in real estate. "Mines worth more because it's mine"

Using ammo for currency when you can no longer purchase ammo.

Makes sense đź‘Š đź’¦

H.R. 584: Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2023 (US Congress)
To require face-to-face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.
Hope this doesn't go anywhere.

Hope this doesn't go anywhere.
This time it will not. Often these kind of things on the Fed level are tossed out by people on the fringe of the party who hates freedom. They are always sending up trial balloons. Now on a state level? Yes, many of the places run by one party have already started going after ammo. They will keep pushing this as long as voters allow them to push. I have been surprised for a while that this state has not yet closed the order ammo window here. They will take as much as they are allowed and so far people are showing they don't really care. At least not yet.

Just like with "illegal drugs".
Well........it's not exactly a "nickle bag" anymore.
Rrrrrright.......you need to adjust for inflation.

1680880132401.png

Awwwwww.........Come On Man.
It was never a nickle.

Is that you Brandom?

Aloha, Mark

In the his book "Survival Guns" author Mel Tappan suggests that in the event of total social collapse several items would be preferable to cash. The ideal being cash is not edible or useful for defense of home and family. He theorizes that ammunition and the tools and components to make more ammunition would be far more valuable than cash. The key words here are "total social collapse."

In the his book "Survival Guns" author Mel Tappan suggests that in the event of total social collapse several items would be preferable to cash. The ideal being cash is not edible or useful for defense of home and family. He theorizes that ammunition and the tools and components to make more ammunition would be far more valuable than cash. The key words here are "total social collapse."
Yes in a total collapse paper money would be worth nothing due to what are you going to do with it. Even metals would lose a lot here. What would then be suddenly sought out would be the things people need. Ammo would be HIGH on that list.

I believe a shot of liquor comes from a time when ammo was used as currency, and I have taken trades (all legally done through an FFL) of ammo for guns I was selling. I think unopened cases really work best for this sort of thing.

One thing to note on your trade adds is that you are very specific about what you'll trade for down to the store it would be bought from. You might get more interest if you'll trade for a more generic like value of rice or peanut butter. I'd be more interested if I could trade out of my pantry rather than go shopping for you. The idea being to trade something I've got an excess of for something I need or want. It kind of comes down to how much effort and time do I want to spend on the deal.

One thing to note on your trade adds is that you are very specific about what you'll trade for down to the store it would be bought from. You might get more interest if you'll trade for a more generic like value of rice or peanut butter. I'd be more interested if I could trade out of my pantry rather than go shopping for you. The idea being to trade something I've got an excess of for something I need or want. It kind of comes down to how much effort and time do I want to spend on the deal.
I agree, not everyone eats the same rice. I like the Jasmine white rice and it's all I ever buy so like you I would have to go out and buy something to trade. Doesn't make any sense.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top