JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Preference?

• Revolver

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Semi

Votes: 82 79.6%

• Total voters
I personally like autos because I can have better capacity. I wear OWB serpa level 2 and I carry a G23..... one or two extra mags. For me, since I don't have experience with re-loading revolvers, I carry an auto just because I can re-load faster.
Also I can sneak my G23 through airport security ;) hahaha just kidding FBI, DHS, CIA, and the Toilet Seat Attendants (TSA).

If you carry in a SERPA holster you're either ignorant or you're a fool. They are well-known for NDs. I won't even allow them into my classes, as is the policy for most other schools in the country. Seriously, SERPA is an incredibly bad idea as it trains the trigger finger to be pretty much exactly where the trigger finger ought NOT to be, in order to draw the gun. There are a lot of other retention holsters out there. SERPA is the worst idea I've ever seen. And we have loads of NDs out there to support my position.

If you carry in a SERPA holster you're either ignorant or you're a fool. They are well-known for NDs. I won't even allow them into my classes, as is the policy for most other schools in the country. Seriously, SERPA is an incredibly bad idea as it trains the trigger finger to be pretty much exactly where the trigger finger ought NOT to be, in order to draw the gun. There are a lot of other retention holsters out there. SERPA is the worst idea I've ever seen. And we have loads of NDs out there to support my position.

:s0114: ................. thank you Joe Tactical but the name is biggie24420 not Tex Grebner. I have been using the serpa system for years and never had a problem.

Appreciate your concern though.

If you carry in a SERPA holster you're either ignorant or you're a fool. They are well-known for NDs. I won't even allow them into my classes,

Man,I bet all your students love you.You talk to them that way too? Or just guys that have no idea where you are?
Cause you must be either ignorant or a fool if you do talk to folks face to face like that.

See this is why I don't bother with classes.Guys like you thinking you know everything because you were in the army for a minute and held a m9 once.

First, I don't own any plastic holsters. Don't like them. But your statement is silly. Logic would dictate that using a SERPA correctly would train the trigger finger to index. I would like to see your "loads" of statistics to support your position.

Man,I bet all your students love you.You talk to them that way too? Or just guys that have no idea where you are?
Cause you must be either ignorant or a fool if you do talk to folks face to face like that.

See this is why I don't bother with classes.Guys like you thinking you know everything because you were in the army for a minute and held a m9 once.

I agree, it is an attitude like this that will turn people off in a instant.

contrary to my name I find myself sticking the 40s and the 9s in the safe and carrying a simple 5 shot taurus 605 357 with a speed loader in my pocket. I like my semi autos but I love knowing that my 357 will drop just about anything that is a threat to me in a single shot. I shoot it at the range at least once a week and am more confident with my accuracy with that at 50 feet at the range than my m&p 40. I know it sounds strange but I can shoot my snubby better than any gun I own and the firepower of a 357 is second to none when it comes to a easily concealed pocket piece.

I had plans on CCing a G19 once I get my permit in June, but I'm a pretty small guy, 5' 6" 160 pounds, so summer might pose a problem, too bad I don't have a G26. I know I'll be fine in the cooler months since I just stick with jeans and a shirt, but during the hot days I think the 19 will be a bit noticeable.

:s0114: ................. thank you Joe Tactical but the name is biggie24420 not Tex Grebner. I have been using the serpa system for years and never had a problem.

Appreciate your concern though.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.

Ya know, sometimes you write stuff that you look back on later and cringe over. My post was one of those.

I apologize humbly for my poor language an insulting manner. I was wrong.

I feel strongly about SERPA holsters, but that was no excuse for the insulting manner in which I addressed your comment.

I apologize without excuse for my insulting and frankly embarrassing way in which I addressed your holster. I know better than to speak to people in that way and ignored my better instincts. I hope for your understanding for a thoughtless post and your forgiveness for my rude behavior.

My best,

Bill Nance

For IWB does everyone carry at 4:00 or so? I carry at 5:30 so the grip is flat with the small of my back.

Started with an LCP, then to a Walther PPS. (new to carrying) The PPS sure is nice and flat. Took me a while to get over the 'checking the holster' thing. Just have to trust the design of the holster that the weapon won't work loose. So far that is the case.

Babysteps I guess. Couldn't imagine carrying a full size 1911. But then I can't rule out something I've never tried.

I haven't worried about the pistol coming out, it just loses altitude with my pants because I lack a quality gun belt and my cheap temporary holster only attaches at one point. I'm somewhere between 4 and 5 o clock myself

I carry my 357 snubby at about 1:00 and it only shows if my shirt gets bunched up on the grip. I carry in the pants though. 3:00 with it leaned to 2:30 in the pants again with my beretta 40 or p95 but rarely carry those. If my 357 cannot get the job done then I am somewhere that most anything would not do it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top