JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I.E., attack the message, not the messenger.
I do not always follow this rule - but I try.

Perhaps if those of us that are not new here, don't jump in and make it worse?
I had my opinions, but I did not realize how much weight long term members opinions hold like many other members do.
I would post something and end up with several PM's, of support meaning I was not just giving my opinion buy swaying others
who may in turn do what I did and push the rules. Its not just me, I have seen many brothers jump in and back up the other, and I
think thats awesome. But then it also drives a huge wedge, and we are at times too busy with that bonding to realize
we just helped trash a thread, and now gave more work to a moderator. Me... well trying this last week to see what is my part in
this ? And then holding myself accountable not the site for my actions, ya you know like normal real world people do LOL:rolleyes:

Last Edited:

I do not always follow this rule - especially with the current occupants of the White House - but I try.

How easily an inuendo is inserted. But if I replied to this inuendo, I would be the one called out as being insensitive or not-PC.

PC and/or sensitivity is not equally observed by the two "sides".

Last Edited:
How easily an inuendo is inserted. But if I replied to this inuendo, I would be the one called out as being insensitive or not-PC.

PC is not a two way street.

It is no secret how I feel about the current admin, so it is only fair that I mention that as a mea culpa when advocating for the general practice of attacking the message and not the messenger.

I bend and even break that "rule" sometimes when I feel it is called for (I won't get into why or how or when here as this is not the place) and it is almost always a third party not the person posting the message. That said, I have attacked trolls on other forums, where it was allowed, but not here - at least not that I recall.

When it is a public figure, especially one setting policy or advocating a position, then that is when I might break that 'rule'. Even then I usually don't attack the person - it has to be an exceptional case where I do.

Beyond that, I can't help it if someone is so emotionally invested in someone else that they have never even met, that they take any criticism of that person as criticism of themselves.:rolleyes:

I may also generally refer to political parties and supporters of positions as falling into certain categories of people, but I don't recall personally attacking a person on this forum - if a person falls into that category, then well, if the shoe fits...

Sometimes, an opinion deserves to be denigrated. It can be part of an educational process. I think the key is to do it without denigrating the person!!

Really? o_O Please expand... I'm not sure exactly what you are saying.

Attack, denigrate... Someones opinion... You guys really mean to put it that way?

especially with the current occupants of the White House - but I try.

And so it starts... this thread can now deteriorate and blow up. Thanx! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I would challenge your opinion on this... but bringing non-firearms politics into the thread would be against the forum rules.

Really? o_O Please expand... I'm not sure exactly what you are saying.

Attack, denigrate... Someones opinion... You guys really mean to put it that way?

And so it starts... this thread can now deteriorate and blow up. Thanx! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I would challenge your opinion on this... but bringing non-firearms politics into the thread would be against the forum rules.

As I said, it is only fair and honest to mention that as a mea culpa.

As for using the word 'attack' - yes, I certainly meant it that way. I will vigorously defend my POV on just about anything, especially politics, and I have no reservation about 'attacking' opposing points of view. I generally do it as politely and objectively as I can, but it is what it is.

Don't start, I will; make it weird ....lol I have no boundaries :s0013:

:s0104:

Seriously, I am lost reading this thread.
Make little sence.

Simple concept, there are rules here, don't like said rules, don't play here.
What makes that so difficult ? I am not seeing why it is so important to force it here at NWFA?
Nothing we say or do will change the rules, there is no open debate in this forum to discuss
it. So seem they are not open to changing the rules. soooooo ???

Or open your own place to play. One can open a forum for pennies now days.
( not this software this stuff is costly and with add-ons becomes an investment.)

Going to unwatch this thread, before it gets shut down.

I will say politely that any poster here who supports Antifa but denegrates Milita is UnAmerican ...;)

And we are off and running :D

off-to-the-races.jpg

I say if someone advocates something or implies something that is blatantly damaging to 2A/RTKBA or something that will confuse other posters about 2A/RTKBA then calling them on it is not poisonous or bad for Forum/board unity .

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews