JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For a Charter Arms Bulldog Target .357 with 4" barrel. Not sure if this is a J frame size or what it's considered. I don't care for the nylon Uncle Mikes that came with it so, would like some suggestions on what y'all would recommend for a leather holster for the belt. This is not a ccw gun so, open carry for in the woods and such. Thanks in advance. :s0155:

thumbnail_20240403_154924.jpg

For a Charter Arms Bulldog Target .357 with 4" barrel. Not sure if this is a J frame size or what it's considered. I don't care for the nylon Uncle Mikes that came with it so, would like some suggestions on what y'all would recommend for a leather holster for the belt. This is not a ccw gun so, open carry for in the woods and such. Thanks in advance. :s0155:

View attachment 1859684
Nelson's leather is in scio oregon. They made some stuff for me years ago. Not sure on the pricing but quality is good

Nelson's leather is in scio oregon. They made some stuff for me years ago. Not sure on the pricing but quality is good
Good call! I'd forgot about them and had some work done by them years ago myself. Thank you good sir! :s0155:

I'm now being told it may not be a J frame but, closer to a K frame. Wish I had something to compare it to! 🙄

An old Lawrence holster would be cool. Barring that, a Ted Blocker (yes, everyone knows he no longer owns it) if not a stock offering, custom work there is the norm.
Also, most every gun store has a huge box of used holsters for the pawing.

Another great suggestion I didn't think of! Thanks amigo! :s0155:

Well, as I often do things in reverse, I sent Charter Arms an email inquiring about the frame size of the revolver. Should've thought of that first!🤣

Another great suggestion I didn't think of! Thanks amigo! :s0155:

Well, as I often do things in reverse, I sent Charter Arms an email inquiring about the frame size of the revolver. Should've thought of that first!🤣
The good thing about leather holsters is they can be stretched and shrunk like crazy.. easy to form fit after soaking.

An old Lawrence holster would be cool. Barring that, a Ted Blocker (yes, everyone knows he no longer owns it) if not a stock offering, custom work there is the norm.
I buy those old Lawrence, Buchmeier, Eubanks, etc. basket weave holsters even when I don't have a gun to fit....and then one comes along.

1712623939375.jpeg

I buy those old Lawrence, Buchmeier, Eubanks, etc. basket weave holsters even when I don't have a gun to fit....and then one comes along.

View attachment 1859773
I've got one Lawrence holster left from way back. A family inheritance who's claim to fame and promised to never get rid of is it literally fits every gun I've shoved in it to include buntlines, semi-autos of many types, yada (well, not vest pocket pistols, never tried but I wouldn't be surprised if they fit nice).. and the snap strap always fits perfectly and securely.

That Lawrence Flap Holster (for a 1911) pictured above I found at the old crappy Portland Show. It wasn't on a gun table, but at the "De-Fog yer glasses, Sir?" booth.

Said he'd sold the pistol the day before, forgot to include the holster.

Ten Bucks.

That Lawrence Flap Holster (for a 1911) pictured above I found at the old crappy Portland Show. It wasn't on a gun table, but at the "De-Fog yer glasses, Sir?" booth.

Said he'd sold the pistol the day before, forgot to include the holster.

Ten Bucks.
I'm gonna head over to see my buddies at Tick Lickers here in Corvallis tomorrow. I'll see if they have a box of orphans and if there's one that may fit.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top