JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well said. I know I was involved with some back and forth with "That one guy" in "That one thread" and apologize if I played a role in making anyone's life more difficult. Going forward, I will be thinking of what's best for the forum and try not to get caught up in the bullshizzle. I love our mods!:s0116:

I'm guilty of exchanging a few posts with "him" early on, but when I realized what he was up to, I bowed out and just left it alone. Last thing I want to do is be responsible for creating more work for the mods.

I won't be surprised if these "notification banners" won't act more like a dog whistle for trolls to pile on and get more threads closed, thereby making NWFA "toxic" and causing many to "move on".

The fact of the matter is, NWFA is being targeted.

Rules for Radcals:

Isolate your target and overwhelm them by insisting they live up to their own standards, no one can possibly do that 100% of the time.

I'm not (by any means) saying don't have and enforce forum rules, but the anti-2A's are an insidious lot and will use them against this forum to ultimately shut it down. Please moderate circumspectly before you "pull the trigger" on an issue... that's all I'm askin'.

@Joe Link is a good guy, and he really does care... I don't envy him dealing with some of the insane stupidity he gets presented with.

100% agree. NWFA is absolutely being targeted. And why not? It's still THE biggest pro-gun forum in the NW. And the anti's know damn well we rally around each other to fight their attacks, even if it does get a little messy here in the process. I get more news and info on legislation, etc. with regard to guns here on NWFA than any other source - including OFF, SAF, etc.

Everyone please keep in mind that as mods we have the ability to ban spammers and such, but any banning of a "regular" has to go through Joe.

I never realized how important the political humor thread was to everyone. I just come here to talk about guns. :rolleyes:

Problem with that is most of the time those people are not breaking the rules. They are just antagonizing other members. They skirt the rules and when things get heated the mods have to do something so we all take the hit. If we could all just remember to ignore those types they would go away.

I know that this is not easy because I have gotten into it with members as well. Now I have to be careful about what or how I say things. But the reason I accepted the position of mod was to help keep this site that we all love up and running the way Joe Link wants it. As etrain mentioned it is his house.

I don't see why they just don't let us tenured guys tear these new Folks to shreds.
After all We are a known commodity. And these new guys are completely unvetted.

Besides it's the way of the jungle! :s0112:

I'm a big fan of self-moderation. For the most part, I stay behind the line, but I have come up to the line on occasion, when some topics get a bit heated. Still, it's pretty easy for me to walk away from a thread or a particular member if they're getting on my nerves. My ignore list remains at zero. I like to have the option to see anything I want to see here. I know if it's rubbing me the wrong way, I'll just walk away. I think if more folks did that, the mods here would have virtually nothing to do. And honestly, I wouldn't want to the job of the mods anyway - it's thankless and no matter what you do to try and solve a problem, you pizz somebody off. It's a no-win situation. And I'm thankful they're here to do it. If more folks would work to contain themselves, we'd probably rarely have to see moderation in action.

The problem, and it is my problem outside this forum I have zero, yes zero tolerance for what I observe . If anyone cares why, its because in my day job I combat what is tolerated here., and for the most part I stay quiet because I enjoy the firearms discussion and fellowship.
Probably the same a Leo must feel like when he is off duty goes to a family function and sees people doing drugs.
Hard to say don't do that, if that party accepts it. With out being ridiculed for doing the right thing.
So its a tad more difficult in my line of work to ignore some aspects that go on in the site. I am working on it because
I really like it here. But its a work in progress on my end to tolerate this stuff. But this is not my site I want to play here
then play by the rules, but only here and no where else :D:p:rolleyes: But Mods and Joe can rest assure they wont have any further problems with anything I may post.

I never realized how important the political humor thread was to everyone. I just come here to talk about guns. :rolleyes:

I think it was an outlet, a place that no one was supposed to be offended but just had fun. But that didnt work.
I only started posting in there when I saw people enjoy it. I read some too but mostly was just having fun.........never, ever was I posting to piss people off or make them feel bad. I even laughed jokes on both sides. But as we saw easier said then done.

EDIT: Anyone remember the Dean Martin Roasts? Thats how I took that section.

I don't see why they just don't let us tenured guys tear these new Folks to shreds.
After all We are a known commodity. And these new guys are completely unvetted.

Besides it's the way of the jungle! :s0112:

Liability. Believe me brother I love this place and don't want Joe to take the heat for something someone has posted. I have met some great life long friends here. Just don't want that to go away as much as I would love to go with jungle rules:D

@The Heretic Joe Link has devised a banner that can be place in threads to warn people if a thread is in imminent danger of being closed. It will show up directly above where you are typing to post in a thread. We are hoping that this will help and alert people of its status. He mentioned it when he sent out his last message to everyone.

@Joe Link can we get the banner placed on this thread so everyone can see what it looks like.

Done!

FB_IMG_1534352117393.jpg

Sorry... couldn't help myself. Everyone is so serious!

The problem, and it is my problem outside this forum I have zero, yes zero tolerance for what I observe . If anyone cares why, its because in my day job I combat what is tolerated here., and for the most part I stay quiet because I enjoy the firearms discussion and fellowship.
Probably the same a Leo must feel like when he is off duty goes to a family function and sees people doing drugs.
Hard to say don't do that, if that party accepts it. With out being ridiculed for doing the right thing.
So its a tad more difficult in my line of work to ignore some aspects that go on in the site. I am working on it because
I really like it here. But its a work in progress on my end to tolerate this stuff. But this is not my site I want to play here
then play by the rules, but only here and no where else :D:p:rolleyes: But Mods and Joe can rest assure they wont have any further problems with anything I may post.

I get it, I do. It's not easy sometimes. And my younger self would have dove in head first to any fight on here. I've learned, over time, to temper myself considerably. And honestly, on the whole, I'm much happier and much less stressed for it. You have no idea how many times I bite my virtual tongue on this forum when there are some really harsh and biting things I'd like to say.

Which is why I find myself coming here less and less and left completely for quite awhile. Screwing around and playing grabass is fine here and there but when it becomes the majority of what I read I lose interest pretty fast. But whatever, carry on I'm going to do what I'm going to do regardless.

Which is why I find myself coming here less and less and left completely for quite awhile. Screwing around and playing grabass is fine here and there but when it becomes the majority of what I read I lose interest pretty fast. But whatever, carry on I'm going to do what I'm going to do regardless.

Yeah, I completely understand. :)

I get it, I do. It's not easy sometimes. And my younger self would have dove in head first to any fight on here. I've learned, over time, to temper myself considerably. And honestly, on the whole, I'm much happier and much less stressed for it. You have no idea how many times I bite my virtual tongue on this forum when there are some really harsh and biting things I'd like to say.

But it does look like they are looking at a resolution, be nice to have things nice and calm for awhile. Oh and I don't know maybe talk about firearms :) :rolleyes:.

But it does look like they are looking at a resolution, be nice to have things nice and calm for awhile. Oh and I don't know maybe talk about firearms :) :rolleyes:.
I come for the firearms but stay for the camaraderie. I could just read articles and books if I didn't want to be social. I have made some good friends through this site, that I would have never met otherwise. Good bunch of people on here for the most part ...except that stomper dude;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top