JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess my biggest (and final) question on the subject, is whether or not the quality difference between RIA/Citadel/Tisas/ATI and Kimber/S&W/Colt/Fusion is worth the difference in price?
If this is a service pistol and not an investment, I'd go with the former group, use the savings to purchase ammo, springs and a guide rod.

Just my opinion…

If this is a service pistol and not an investment, I'd go with the former group, use the savings to purchase ammo, springs and a guide rod.

Just my opinion…
Frankly, it will be the former. I don't really have "investment" guns, but maybe it's time to think that way. Especially considering that certain brands appreciate exponentially, while others depreciate from the second they leave the factory.

Ok, but what are the other differences there? Single vs double stack? Length of grip and/or slide? Caliber? Overall quality?
I got both for use as pocket guns-- Other than accuracy there is no difference between them.

Both have 3" barrels, both use 10 rd ds mags, .45acps-- I paid almost $500 for the Para P-10 & $600 for the Kimber.

Para P-10

Kimber Ultra Ten 2 compact

I liked the Kimber ss Ultra carry (3") I had years ago it was just the basic and functioned great. If I get another it will be a CDP ultra but I haven't convinced myself I need it yet. I also had a CDP pro (4") but wasnt what I wanted anymore and just went full size.

Out of all the ones I've shot, the one I liked the most was the SA EMP in 9mm with the curved back strap. Gun was extremely nice and functioned flawlessly. Its that or a Dan Wesson that was about the same size that I don't recall the model of. I've only shot others, never owned anything like these. That EMP was nice enough to remember it all this time later. Each time I see one in a store it tempts me. Looked kind of like this but all black.

1628195380310.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads