JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are ways to address the risk short of raiding houses without due process.

I'm open to that too. But this ERPO was a third strike. Who knows? If there hadn't been the other indicators before this final taking live ammo to school. Maybe they would have seized guns for just that? That I would call a definite infringement.

I didnt know anything about the Katrina confiscations until a year or so ago. It looks like refusal was not an option and they had no problem using extreme force if required.

This is an oft miss represented set of "Facts" that are not exactly true or represent what exactly went down, or the who and how!
I was there on the ground when it started, the confiscation that did happen was done under orders from the mayor, done by out of state LEO and Private Security contractors who showed up before every one else did! The National Guard had ZERO to do with any of it, and the Commanding Officer went and got in the faces of EVERY LEADER and told them to stop, and any one caught seizing arms would be arrested and court martialed! The contractors were asked to leave, and the out of state LEO were relocated elsewhere! I was standing right there when the General went face to face with the governor and mayors and ripped them a new arse big enough to slide a full division through!
Yes it happened, but not the way the MSM or the NRA depicts it, and few actually know the facts of it!
Not calling out any one here, just pointing out what actually went down!

Last Edited:
They way I see it those so-called parents should have done the responsible thing and get rid of the guns from their home. Maybe a gun safe is enough. Maybe it isn't.
What if the parents didn't have any place to take the guns since its illegal now to store them at a friends house. For all we know, the safe was in response to the kids past mishaps, as long as the safe isnt a keyed entry it will do its job while the parents work out their kids rebellious nature.
At what point do we decide what is the responsible thing to do that will 100% secure the safety of society from criminal use of guns? I get what your saying about the parents, but suggesting this isnt a clear path to a solution. What I see here is an erpo law enforced on a person that wasnt even the suspect....

I get what your saying about the parents, but suggesting this isnt a clear path to a solution. What I see here is an erpo law enforced on a person that wasnt even the suspect....

Clear as mud, for sure. There's a line in there somewhere, knowing where it is is the hard part. Makes me glad I have no children.

After reading all the responses, and thinking on it, I tend to believe the law overstepped in confiscating the mans firearms. Dependent on his safe being substantial enough to guarantee the problem children can't get into it without using extreme measures. NOW, there needs to be a path for the father to get his arms back that doesn't cause financial hardship.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top