JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Out driving around one day just outside Veneta on an old forest road and came up on an abandoned car. No tags, personal belongings, floor mats, nothing. It was an older crv that was almost driven over the mountain, on a road that I was having second thoughts about driving my tacoma on.

Weirdest thing though, when I used to live in WV, I was walking through the woods and fields near my house. I come up on a graveyard. There are a few headstones. One says,

"Stranger pause as you pass by,
As you are now so once was I.
As I am now you soon will be,
So prepare for death and follow me."

Out driving around one day just outside Veneta on an old forest road and came up on an abandoned car. No tags, personal belongings, floor mats, nothing. It was an older crv that was almost driven over the mountain, on a road that I was having second thoughts about driving my tacoma on.

Weirdest thing though, when I used to live in WV, I was walking through the woods and fields near my house. I come up on a graveyard. There are a few headstones. One says,

"Stranger pause as you pass by,
As you are now so once was I.
As I am now you soon will be,
So prepare for death and follow me."
I ran across a couple of old graveyards like that in Eastern NC also while hunting bobwhites. It is a little unsettling. I'd guess that more common there because of it being settled 200 years earlier than the west.

...speaking of messages from dead civil war soldiers....

...make sure its very late at night and you're all by yourself, with all the lights off, before you click on the above video. :s0087::s0001:

I went to the civil war sites as a kid Visiting my dad in Virginia.
There was always something very eerie about those war fields. You could still sense death in the air.
That's one place I would refuse to be at night, especially listening to that video

...speaking of messages from dead civil war soldiers....

...make sure its very late at night and you're all by yourself, with all the lights off, before you click on the above video. :s0087::s0001:
My usual reaction to videos like this are meh. I don't see why its scary.

Where is this building? I wanna check it out.

dildo fire.jpg

"Shoot fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"

Note to all ... I am not making light of recent events in Vegas...Just thought the quote from Dr. Strangelove fit... I will delete if it offends.
Andy

The full story can be found on Ifish i didnt post the pictures as they have a pretty strict PG policy.

I can copy and paste it here if folks are interested. The glass item there, started a fire, thats the short story.

As posted on Ifish originally.

"I have been waiting for this thread to come up again. Meanwhile i have been pondering how to write it so as not to violate any forum rules. And i am still not sure if i can write it without that happening.
It is a once in a lifetime or a million in one chance that all of the specific things involved occurred while we were there.

So a few weeks before the opening of rifle deer season on the wet side. A buddy and i headed up to the woods to sight in rifles. We took the appropriate tools with us, water, shovel, and an ax.
We got up to where we wanted to be. Parked the truck. Got out enjoyed the view for a minute. Even could pick up the scent of a bull/s in the area. Walked the area for any obstructions. Figured out our shooting lane and distance. Set up a target. Got the spotting scope out and set.
My friend had a new scope on his rifle. Took him 3 shots to get it set to his satisfaction. Then it was my turn. 1 shot, just where it was last time i shot the rifle. I sent 2 more within 10 minutes to confirm zero. I was satisfied.
My buddy had just built another AR for himself and needed to break in the barrel and dial the scope in. So we set up a fresh target. And he went ahead and proceeded through one magazine slowly. Took a break to hang another target. Then started to empty the 2nd magazine.
Halfway through that second magazine i got bored of looking through the spotting scope and told him i was going back to the truck.
Now this particular spot has several landings on it. We were using the hillside as our backstop. Its been cleared of debris and is nothing but dirt.
When i got back to the truck, i could smell fresh cut wood. But had not heard a saw. The scent was almost kind of a burning smell mixed in with the fresh wood shavings scent. I started walking around the truck looking off the landing. Trying to locate the source of the smell. I made 4-5 laps. Just as my friend gets back to the truck I ask him "Can you smell...". That is the only part of the sentence i got out. The next words were "Put your poop down and grab water".
Just as he got to the truck a huge column of smoke was coming up off the hillside below the landing we were parked on. 25 yards down. Steep. Dead fall everywhere. Just as he got to the truck we looked the same direction to see that column.
I reached in the truck and grabbed my jug of drinking water. I just jumped off the landing took about 3 large leaps and was next to the smoldering debris. I cleared out as much deadfall as quick as i could. Finally reaching the smoldering embers that were less than 30 seconds from open flame i quickly emptied half my water jug. Then stirred it up with my boot. Still digging around and pouring water on it.
I then located what started the fire.

It was glass. Initially i thought it was somebodies glass bong/pipe.....

We were in for a surprise.

A very interesting surprise.

It was a glass marital aid....Just disposed of off the side of a logging landing that had all day southern sun exposure.

A effing glass marital aid.

Let that sink in for a minute. facepalm.gif

It almost caused a forest fire.

So, after i tossed it up to my buddy. And him asking what to do with it(which at this point i was flabbergasted). I had him toss down another container of water so i could soak the area real well.
I then looked around for more junk that might be an issue.

There it was...
Another marital aid.
Completely silver in all its glory. Butt this one was for the back door marital purposes. bigshock.gif

I have been using the PNW woods since i was a little kid. I have seen some strange stuff, some scary stuff, some bewildering stuff, some unexplainable probably super natural stuff, and maybe even heard a sasquatch or 2.
But i have never seen these things left in the woods that i can recall.

I always thought i might be the guy to win the lottery or something interesting along those lines.

Being the guy that stopped the Great Dildo Fire of 2017 wasnt part of those plans.

I have pictures. I dont think i can post them though.

The best we can figure is that the glass marital aid acted like a magnifying glass. While there had been a bit of rain a few days before we were there. It was dry, dry, dry.

Pack your recreational equipment out with ya...."

Last Edited:
A friend of mine shot a bear one evening just before dark. It was a big bear, and it was going to be cold that night, so he gutted it out and decided to come back the next morning with his dad and brother to haul it out of the woods. When they got to where he left it, it was gone. They saw a drag trail in the leaves and followed it. They found the bear laid out up on a big log. The skeleton had been picked clean of meat. They looked it over and couldn't find a knife mark or tooth mark on it anywhere. He's a pretty strong guy and he had a hard time even moving the bear, and has no idea what could do what was done to a bear that size in that short of a timeframe. He still gets creeped out telling the story to this day, 20 years later.

Being the guy that stopped the Great Dildo Fire of 2017 wasnt part of those plans.
:s0166:

PO of my property had a bit of a drinking problem and was trying to hide it from his wife by drinking in the woods. I have found a LOT of glass bottles and broken glass in the woods. Constantly picking it up along with other trash he threw out there.

For a guy who was so pro nature and against cutting down any trees and leaving things "natural" he sure treated the woods as his personal garbage dump.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top