JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One time I found an old randown door in the the ground like a storm cellar door. I opened it up and the rooms were all new looking so I yelled "hello!"...no answer. Drew my .45 and walked to the very back room and kicked the door open. I couldn't believe what I saw... So I took a picture of it and then I ran home never to return again

View attachment 175865
LOL Yeah Right! Sure you did. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've got to start checking the dates on postings! o_O

Last Edited:
This thread needs a bump.

Found this up in N Stevens county WA while Huckleberry picking a couple weeks ago. 20180722_131757.jpg

I forgot a couple good ones from last summer.

First one - I was bank fishing with my nephew out at Hagg. Walking around and into one of the coves on the southeastern shore - I found a HUGE pair of wimmenz undies (very stained, very granny panty-ish) hanging about 8' off the ground on a tree branch.

The second one was also out at Hagg. Was fishing with my buddy Jason, searching for panfish in a back cove on the SW corner of the lake. From out of no where a young woman comes out of the brush along with her dog. She then proceeded to strip from the waist up and just kick back on a tree stump, enjoying the sun. Made the slow fishing a bit more bearable :)
Hey. Anytime its hot enough that a guy is more comfortable shirtless, a gal would be too. When I was a gun-totin' young broad, and hiking or camping in places remote and private enough, I figured shirts were optional. Always kept shirt handy though. If someone was coming, my dog would give her distinctive couple of soft barks signalling humans on the trail and I would do a quick scramble to get shirt back on (and conceal gun).

Apparently "discovering" a nude female in the woods is appropriate for this thread. So what about being the nude female discovered?

Kalmiopsis Wilderness, about 1977. I was about 30. I drove for half a day on a jeep trail that had a huge sign at the start saying the road was closed and impassable, which it would have been, had I not had a good shovel along and carved some extra road out of the hillside where too much of the road had fallen down the cliff at a couple of places. I reached the trailhead, parked, and with my two dogs and a heavy pack, headed down the trail to the Chetco River. About four hours of hiking. No signs of other humans all day, on road or trail. Plus road to trailhead was definitely not passable to cars before me.

I was thoroughly overheated when I reached the river, and saw its cool crystal-clear water, and there right before my eyes, a most wondrously perfect swimming hole a good 20 feet deep, so clear I could see the stones on the bottom. In mere seconds I tucked my Colt .357mag in my open pack where it could be grabbed quickly, threw my clothes on some handy bushes nearby, and was in the middle of that pool, cavorting and then just floating on my back, near sleeping, in the refreshing water. I was reasonably good looking in those days, by the way. Tall, slender, shapely.

One of my dogs gave her characteristic bark that announced humans, but I was pretty far from clothes and gun. So I just waited quietly. And a few seconds later, a guy emerged from another path about 60 feet upriver, and proceeded to strip and jump in the water. He never noticed me at all. Now what? I figured I should get some clothes on and greet the "neighbor". But it also seemed to me that it would be rude and embarrassing to greet someone who was nude when I was fully clothed. So I emerged from the river right next to my pack, gun, and clothes, and called out a greeting. That was actually the first the guy seemed to notice me. He called a return greeting. Curtesies satisfied, I turned to put on my clothes.

That's when I noticed that the bushes I had thrown my clothes on in my haste to get into the cool water were actually poison oak. I dug in my pack for other clothes, and soon was "decent" again.

The guy politely kept his distance for the hour or so he was there, then continued on. I camped there for several days. I took the appearance of the stranger to be a fluke, which it apparently was, and continued to take full advantage of the river....

Apparently "discovering" a nude female in the woods is appropriate for this thread. So what about being the nude female discovered?

Kalmiopsis Wilderness, about 1977. I was about 30. I drove for half a day on a jeep trail that had a huge sign at the start saying the road was closed and impassable, which it would have been, had I not had a good shovel along and carved some extra road out of the hillside where too much of the road had fallen down the cliff at a couple of places. I reached the trailhead, parked, and with my two dogs and a heavy pack, headed down the trail to the Chetco River. About four hours of hiking. No signs of other humans all day, on road or trail. Plus road to trailhead was definitely not passable to cars before me.

I was thoroughly overheated when I reached the river, and saw its cool crystal-clear water, and there right before my eyes, a most wondrously perfect swimming hole a good 20 feet deep, so clear I could see the stones on the bottom. In mere seconds I tucked my Colt .357mag in my open pack where it could be grabbed quickly, threw my clothes on some handy bushes nearby, and was in the middle of that pool, cavorting and then just floating on my back, near sleeping, in the refreshing water. I was reasonably good looking in those days, by the way. Tall, slender, shapely.

One of my dogs gave her characteristic bark that announced humans, but I was pretty far from clothes and gun. So I just waited quietly. And a few seconds later, a guy emerged from another path about 60 feet upriver, and proceeded to strip and jump in the water. He never noticed me at all. Now what? I figured I should get some clothes on and greet the "neighbor". But it also seemed to me that it would be rude and embarrassing to greet someone who was nude when I was fully clothed. So I emerged from the river right next to my pack, gun, and clothes, and called out a greeting. That was actually the first the guy seemed to notice me. He called a return greeting. Curtesies satisfied, I turned to put on my clothes.

That's when I noticed that the bushes I had thrown my clothes on in my haste to get into the cool water were actually poison oak. I dug in my pack for other clothes, and soon was "decent" again.

The guy politely kept his distance for the hour or so he was there, then continued on. I camped there for several days. I took the appearance of the stranger to be a fluke, which it apparently was, and continued to take full advantage of the river....

So did you find a strange thing in the woods or did he?

Coastal mountains west of Corvallis. A small clearing off a logging road where I liked to shoot. In the brush on the edge of the clearing farthest from the road I find a huge cheap suitcase with a distinctive rank smell coming from it. The smell characteristic of something long dead. The suitcase is big enough to hold a body if body is dismembered. I suddenly discover that I am really not very eager to discover a body. I look at suitcase. It has apparently been there for a while. No need to open it right this instant. I go off and do some shooting. Come back and look at suitcase again. Notice again, somewhat to my surprise, how much I don't want to discover a body. Not just the hassle of reporting it. Just do not want to open suitcase and see.... I decide I need some blackberries. Dismembered body can wait. So I go off and forage and eat blackberries. Then come back to suitcase. Really can't put it off any longer.

Open suitcase. At first I'm not sure what I'm seeing. Then my eyes and brain recalibrate, and I make out deer heads and hooves. A dozen deer heads and appropriate numbers of hooves. Poachers dumping the evidence presumably. What a relief. Still surprises me how much it turns out that I would really prefer to not ever discover a body.

Last Edited:
So did you find a strange thing in the woods or did he?
I was undoubtedly stranger. Not nearly so many naked women as naked men running around in the woods. And my calling a greeting to guy while I was still nude would have seemed unusual too. But I thought it out. If I dressed first, before guy saw me, guy might have been concerned that I was thinking he was nude for nefarious reasons. By calling a greeting while still nude, I signaled that as far as I was concerned, being nude was no big deal given the circumstances, and would not be misinterpreted. But by putting clothes on immediately and sticking to my own area, it would be obvious I wasn't issuing any invitations and wanted to be left alone.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads