JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll share. The Bigfoot thread has me in the mood to share my encounters of the wtf. I'm fully aware how this may make you all view me. I don't care. I'm here for gun talk most of the time anyway. :)

So I'm 35 now. In my early 20's I spent a lot of time on private property around what would later be found to have a burial site from the kalapuya. I have no idea if it was a grave site or just goods. It eventually got attention and was a dig site for some place. Before that I would spend time on a near by bank. The river separated main farm land from a island yet to be developed. So you could be out there in mid afternoon and the wind would pick up. At the same time the wind would blow, a muffled woman's voice could be heard and the sounds of children laughing would go by. Yeah...

The final straw (heh, it was out in a alfalfa field) was getting my car stuck on a rarely used trail. Just going to slow threw a mudhole that was too deep. So I had a buddy with me at the time. I was in giving it a bit of gas while he was trying to help push. Right as we got it out, he immediately says "give me the rifle, now"! Well, when your buddy says that you don't ask questions you get him his gun. I get out of the car thinking this is the big cat everyone is having an issue with and was right near me once and all I seen was it's tail disappearing. Anyway...I'm thinking in the realm of normal four legged problem. So he's as white as a ghost. Not really telling me much else listen. We hear something pacing on what both of us are saying sounds like a person. I think he definitely got glimpse of this thing. So the pacing stops. The weird thing is we thought it was coming from behind the blackberry bush near my car. I even thought this was getting out of hand maybe its someone playing a joke on us behind the bush. What happened next was messed up. We see the red light from my tail light bend or distort? Then he points my attention to the ground and no detail as in toes but the grass is getting parted and smashed down as if someone with boots would make but nothing is there. It's just the grass being pushed down and new steps walking towards us. We booked it. Took us all night to talk about it.

Long story short, in fog I had something on the other side of the river run back and forth screaming at me, snapping large branches. It was really bad. I don't know how to describe it's scream. It's gut turning.

The last time to see something was with a flashlight and it was just like how a heat distortion looks in the summer. Like the air is wavy off a hot road. I just see in the treeline a head shape with massive shoulders and very tall. No detail. Like the core was see threw.

Last Edited:
Your tale of the invisible/distorted creature is very similar to Dr. Bruce Maccabee's wife. She saw something identical while bow hunting near their home. Her story is detailed in one od David Paulides's Missing 411 books.

Your tale of the invisible/distorted creature is very similar to Dr. Bruce Maccabee's wife. She saw something identical while bow hunting near their home. Her story is detailed in one od David Paulides's Missing 411 books.
Interesting. Very cool. I will see if Google turns anything up and try to read about what she witnessed.

This thread has been running strong for 6 years since I started it! I am so glad that everyone has been enjoying it! I love reading the stories! Since we have come through one hunting season, it's time to see if anyone has come across anything new!

Last Edited:
I had a friend in the Military from the upper peninsula of Michigan who took me to see this phenomenon in the late '80s.

Paulding Light - Wikipedia

Perhaps the strangest thing in the woods was the hundered or so local people just randomly parked out on that stretch of road looking for what they called, "the mystery light." no matter what it really was it did look weird.

1005171754-00.jpg

...proof that Bigfoot does walk on all 4's. ;) :D

...actually, that was taken in my mom's backyard last week.
Maybe not so unusual for some of us here, but its only the second time I've seen a bear there in the 50 years my parents have had that place.

Dean

Not really all that strange and technically not in the woods but interesting just the same...
I went on a little outting on Wednesday with my dad and some of his friends. We were between Poison Creek and Succor Creek criss-crossing the Oregon/Idaho border being led by one of the guys who had been out there before. The destination was the homestead and subsequent burial site of Spanish Charley.
View attachment 397610
I don't know if it's historically accurate but legend goes that Charley was a shepherd living in a valley above Succor Creek with his sheep. There is water in the lowland at the homestead but it dried up in the late summer. In order to get his sheep to water he was forced to cross the corner of someone else's land. That land owner warned him not to do it again. Unfortunately his sheep still needed water and the next time Charley attempted to cross, the neighbor shot him dead. A couple days later the neighbor went in to town to turn himself in. He was later acquitted.
Lesson? No trespassing means no trespassing. (We had to jump a fence to get pics)

About all that remains of the homestead was 3 stone structures. Obviously several fires have gone through over the last 130 years so the only artifacts we saw were broken pieces of an old stove. Might be an interesting place to use a metal detector.
View attachment 397611
The most impressive thing to me was the stone fence that had been stacked. It went up one hill to the rock outcropping, down the other side, then another section beyond the next ridge. I would conservatively estimate 2-3 miles in length. Most of the stones were basketball sized or larger. I guess when you're living in the middle of nowhere in the 1800s there isn't much else to do. You may have to zoom in on the last photo to see it in the distance.
View attachment 397612
View attachment 397613

To be honest, after finding that campsite and all the vegetation growing around there, those years are kinda fuzzy and vague.
Reminds me of the time crossing the border after a day trip up to Canada. The nice border control agent asked if I was bringing back any Victoria weed, using a term I'd never heard. After figuring out what he's asking I had to laugh and tell him if I was really desperate to find weed I could get much better stuff growing off trails in the woods near home. Didn't need any foreign pot

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top