JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For pistols and ammo hide them in jacket pockets that hung in your closet or one of those hanging organizers under a jacket or disguise a spare bedroom as a kids play room and hide them in a toybox crib etc...

The play room idea is a little dangerous. Maybe a better idea, is to gut a DVD player, keep the face of it, and stash a few glocks in there.
Upright pianos flip open easy also.

Magnetic pistol holders are great. All kinds of odd places you can place them where you are only usually a few feet from a pistol but a burglary would never look.

A safe is the best, but you still need instant access to a firearm(s).

If they had two hours to do a thorough search they could find just about anything, but remember, most burglaries happen in under six minutes.

Hiding ammo gets a much lower priority than securing/hiding firearms of course.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Draw-Q...988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f6faa5bc

This is the topic I think the media should be attacking instead of guns in general. I personally believe if you have guns, you are responsible for those guns! I'm about as right wing as someone gets, but I believe that if you have guns and don't protect those guns from (your kids, thiefs, etc...) your as guilty as the person who steals that gun or takes it and does something horrible with it.
Yes and no. Keeping guns from kids and teaching your kids not to touch them without permission is critical. However, if someone steals a gun, they are already a criminal and I am not responsible for what they do with it. Don't get me wrong, I try to keep them reasonably secure (gun safe at home and pistol safe cable-locked into my truck for stops at post office, etc.), but there are times when they can't be easily secured. For instance, if I stop at a restaraunt on the way home from a hunting trip, it is pretty obvious by looking at my rig that there is likely a gun or two in there. If someone does a smash-and-grab and gets one of my rifles, I am in no way responsible for their actions.

I always loved seeing gun racks in the back windows of pickups, but those days are gone; no point in making your truck a target. However, blaming the victim for what a criminal later does with a stolen gun makes about as much sense as blaming the gun itself. Too bad the concept of personal responsibility is no longer popular.

Get a modest safe that looks like your trying to protect your stuff. Bolt it down so it's a chore to get it up and out of the house. Then store your guns in some other inconspicuous place in the house. Bad guys will put all their effort into getting the safe and your valuables will be left behind. Even better, keep some of your less expensive and easily replaced guns in the safe in case they get it open in the house. Keep the good stuff in the alternate hiding place.

question on the drywall idea, if the fed's raid your house is it possible they bring a gun powder sniffing dog (is there such a thing) and he sniffs and marks the wall and they kick it in. I thinking an explosives dog would find the trace gun powder in the wall unless you sealed airtight in mylar.

Opinions?

If the feds raid your house, you've got bigger problems. And I've heard they take metal detectors and other equipment when looking for hidden guns. Gunkid had stuff in his walls and the ATF was there for days with gear finding it.

Use a typical bedroom closet that is around 7-8 foot across with a 3 foot opening for the door and space on both sides. Cut your carpet back 1.5-2 feet on both sides and frame that extra space in with a new wall that opens when you push on it and stays shut with a magnet inside like that furniture video. Simple and cheap...some 2x4's, nails, sheetrock, a little mud, a can of spray texture, done.
Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

If you do elect to store long term, think about using petroleum jelly. Coat (I hate this word) liberally inside and out. Rust can't form, I have used petroleum jelly since being showed this by a gun collector who lived in a home that was right next to the pacific pond, and all of his weapons had excellent metal and blueing, and all wore a coat of it. It's easier to both apply and remove and far less expensive alternative to cosmoline.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top